Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Red Rebels

CLOSED SCHOOLS

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

I didn't know they ever actually played home games.  York was required to play them by the state throughout the 70's until early 80's  and that was always played in Jamestown.

1987 the year we won the state they locked us in that place and we played a whole game. i was told we were the one and only.It was a dump!Had to change in the gym,thet brought some people out to watch and they got in a fight and had to leave the field.Craziest place ive ever been!Everyone had to get patted down before getting on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 11:25 AM, thatdevilforrest said:

I didn't know they ever actually played home games.  York was required to play them by the state throughout the 70's until early 80's  and that was always played in Jamestown.

That is odd because Taft was never a TSSAA member.  TSSAA allowed teams to play them as a courtesy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, rlh said:

That is odd because Taft was never a TSSAA member.  TSSAA allowed teams to play them as a courtesy. 

Well we had the courtesy to play them on their field in 1987.Only team that i know of that actual played them in the prison.It was something else for sure!They were on our schedule thru 1989.They were all home games after the 87 game tho.

Edited by orngnblk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well we had the courtesy to play them on their field in 1987.Only team that i know of that actual played them in the prison.It was something else for sure!They were on our schedule thru 1989.They were all home games after the 87 game tho.

OnB...is telling it like it is pertaining to Taft.  They also bout split our RB in two on one occasion during the game, shoved him way out of bounds right into a set of guide wires of a utility pole...gfd709 can even tell ya what one of guards on the sideline told him, cause believe Coach told you all it was just a bunch of runaways and delinquents that were there.

GB is 3-1 versus Taft...1987 W 48-14...1988 L 14-18...1989 W 14-6...1990 W 54-14.  The game played at Taft occurred the latter half of October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard a couple of stories about games with Taft from some Zebras i know. If I'm not mistaken, both stories happened at Cannon Co. but i know 1 did for sure. A kid for Taft had a long run for a TD and he never stopped. Ran straight through the endzone and into the woods. The 2nd, the lights went out and they said immediately they heard several shotguns being clicked and guards shouting everyone get down! Crazy! I couldn't imagine actually playing there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

I've heard a couple of stories about games with Taft from some Zebras i know. If I'm not mistaken, both stories happened at Cannon Co. but i know 1 did for sure. A kid for Taft had a long run for a TD and he never stopped. Ran straight through the endzone and into the woods. The 2nd, the lights went out and they said immediately they heard several shotguns being clicked and guards shouting everyone get down! Crazy! I couldn't imagine actually playing there. 

I've heard about the first one before but never really heard where it occurred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 3:38 PM, Red Rebels said:

wqwzme.png 

The original football field is where the Park & Recs Building sets and ran back to the hill where the small gravel road comes off of Jett Road. It was called the Rock Pile because all the players picked up rocks before the games that popped up all the time. They eventually lost that field after 1942 when an elementary building was built on that site which was later torn down for the Park & Rec Building. Everett played all their home games from 43 to 46 at Maryville, Maryville College and the fairgrounds on East Broadway where Dollar General sets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...