DB girls soccer

maroon and grey

Greeneville has one Senior on the entire team. They start 1 Senior, 4 Juniors and the rest Sophmores and Freshman. Sophmore forward Michelle Meade (21 goal as a Freshman) was lost in the pre-season with a torn ACL (ironically in a game against DB). Sophmore Patience Leonard is outstanding and all-state potential (if they give that to a Sophmore). She is listed as a mid-fielder but played half the season in the backfield. Dispite this she has at last count 25 goals for the season. GK Tori Hadjapoulis is tough to score on and Junior sweeper Melanie Webb is faster than most guys. Defender Abby Conley has a "take no prisoner" attitude and is only a step behind Webb in speed. Up front Senior Alex Hadjapoulis is solid (10 goals) and shares time with 4'10" Freshman speedster Aly Carrino (9 goals) and Freshman Hannah Abelson who is big, strong and fast. Mid-field is anchored by Clair Duncan and Devin McIntyre. Other than Meade - no injuries for Tuesday night.

Good luck to Coach Eiskamp and the lady Devils.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mjuhb did you hit your head on the keyboard when makin that name buddy??? it would explain why you have this far out notion of DB getting killed. Where have you been this is not the DB of old. They will play competitive with either of these teams. You say that OJ goes easy on us well faragut didnt and that was the same level of competion as the OR game. Get your facts straight before you talk.

You made absolutely no sense.

you make no sense talking up greenville!! :blink: The only way greenville has a chance is this game is because 3 of DB's best players will not play against them due to injury and bad reffing.

Somehow it dosen't surprise me you are starting to make excuses already. I make no sense? How can you totally disregrad your game on Tuesday against Greeneville? I never said Greeneville would win this game - unlike the DB posters - I don't have a crystal ball. This game will not be a cakewalk for either team. If you read my posts carefully you will glean that I have said both teams are good and neither can take it for granted. As for your injuries - Greenville has played without their #1 offensive player all season thanks to a cheap shot by a DB player in the pre-season yet never once this season has Greeneville complained. Get a grip, bud - the game will be decided on the field and not by you.

Edited by soccer67

Somehow it dosen't surprise me you are starting to make excuses already. I make no sense? How can you totally disregrad your game on Tuesday against Greeneville? I never said Greeneville would win this game - unlike the DB posters - I don't have a crystal ball. This game will not be a cakewalk for either team. If you read my posts carefully you will glean that I have said both teams are good and neither can take it for granted. As for your injuries - Greenville has played without their #1 offensive player all season thanks to a cheap shot by a DB player in the pre-season yet never once this season has Greeneville complained. Get a grip, bud - the game will be decided on the field and not by you.

They're DB fans, excuse is their middle name. They get it from their coach I guess. From what I've heard Greeneville has a very good team. It should be a good game and the better team will come out on top. All of this talking will be settled on the field.

It's always nice to see a DB alum, SH's Coach Smelser turn his back on his old school. The man loves being a Topper coach and loves kicking his former school's tail.

You obviously don't know too much, because I know for a fact that Smelser told the athletic director at DB last spring that he wanted McClosky's job if he left for the northeast! :thumb:

EXCUSES i didnt make excuses i just gave greeneville a a little bit of hope. Why you always gonna bring coach into this??? :thumb:

You're right. What makes me think a small school of barely 800 students has a chance against a powerhouse like DB with a student body of what 1700 - 1800! We're just a little, annoying bug to be stepped-on on your way to states. "What was I thinking" as the song goes. We are sorry you have to waste your time coming to Greeneville on Tuesday night.

People out there.......Can you feel the love???

Edited by soccer67

you make no sense talking up greenville!! B) The only way greenville has a chance is this game is because 3 of DB's best players will not play against them due to injury and bad reffing.

Which 3 players are not playing because of injuries and bad "reffing." Are you referring to the red card incident because this is the first time I've heard about bad officiating.

You're right. What makes me think a small school of barely 800 students has a chance against a powerhouse like DB with a student body of what 1700 - 1800! We're just a little, annoying bug to be stepped-on on your way to states. "What was I thinking" as the song goes. We are sorry you have to waste your time coming to Greeneville on Tuesday night.

People out there.......Can you feel the love???

apology accepted

DB's top 2 scorers Daine and Darah Karst are not playing. Christine Horton is also not playing due to injury.

Edited by GO_DB

apology accepted

DB's top 2 scorers Daine and Darah Karst are not playing. Christine Horton is also not playing due to injury.

Is Christine Horton the sweeper ? If so, I have seen her play and she is a solid player. It's also my understanding that she is a decent basketball player.

I assume one of the Karst sisters received a red card. What is the injury to the other sister? I have seen both of these girls play and they are very strong. It is certainly a shame that the injury bug has crept up when it matters most.

GO DB, I assume you will admit that DB did not play a very impressive schedule up until the DB Fall Classic. Do you think the lack of a tough schedule early in the season has anything to do with DB's present slump (I assume that you will agree 5 losses in last 6 matches can be characterized as a slump)?.

Is Christine Horton the sweeper ? If so, I have seen her play and she is a solid player. It's also my understanding that she is a decent basketball player.

I assume one of the Karst sisters received a red card. What is the injury to the other sister? I have seen both of these girls play and they are very strong. It is certainly a shame that the injury bug has crept up when it matters most.

GO DB, I assume you will admit that DB did not play a very impressive schedule up until the DB Fall Classic. Do you think the lack of a tough schedule early in the season has anything to do with DB's present slump (I assume that you will agree 5 losses in last 6 matches can be characterized as a slump)?.

Oh, I'm pretty sure it is not a slump - probably due to bad officiating.