Lenoir City at Knoxville Halls

fairplay2121

Fairplay,

I am intrigued by your comment about the reason for this years success. You say the players believe in each other and the coaches.

I was at the game Friday with my cousin who attends Halls. She said (I realize this is second hand) that all she hear during school is second guessing of the coaching staff. "Why did we punt on 4th and 1?, Why don't they throw the ball to the tight end?, Why don't we throw the ball to me? Why does so in so play instead of me? If I played we would do better. The coaches took that game from us. etc."

Most of what I hear from her (granted she is a female) sounds negative especially with regards to players trusting coaches.

I didn't know if you had any "inside" information. Do the players "believe" in the coaches? Or do they believe when things go their way and complain when things don't? Just curious.

Lenoir City by 3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Devil no he didn't miss the catch or the field goal but first of all a field goal doesn't matter in a 18 to 14 game you do the math! to be a fellow UGA fan ur not very smart! when it came down to the end of the game shephard choked! Halls rolls on senior night big! And sry to my fans that have been missing me posting on here ive been a lil busy!

Halls 45

LC 10

Cjones.....

I did a little detective work and found out a few things. I have a bud who is somethin or ruther in the Halls community. His grand parents own a restaurant, and I think he may have coached at Halls. He doesn't remeber a jones with a 40 on the varsity squad( he was there from about 2000 to 2003). He said their may have been one on the frosh squad, but the frosh squads are usually 75% nosepickers anyway. When did you play? (varsity that is).

Can the devils contain the desert fox?

Fairplay,

I am intrigued by your comment about the reason for this years success. You say the players believe in each other and the coaches.

I was at the game Friday with my cousin who attends Halls. She said (I realize this is second hand) that all she hear during school is second guessing of the coaching staff. "Why did we punt on 4th and 1?, Why don't they throw the ball to the tight end?, Why don't we throw the ball to me? Why does so in so play instead of me? If I played we would do better. The coaches took that game from us. etc."

Most of what I hear from her (granted she is a female) sounds negative especially with regards to players trusting coaches.

I didn't know if you had any "inside" information. Do the players "believe" in the coaches? Or do they believe when things go their way and complain when things don't? Just curious.

Lenoir City by 3

RD,

I have some good inside info but I don't pretend to know all of the players and I am long removed from the halls at Halls. I have seen many of the practices and I have tallked to several players. Morale over all is very high.

Every team I have ever played on (12 years) had someone who didn't think they were getting the ball enough, or the coaches plays were second guessed and the offense always thinks they can get it on fourth and one.

I think that is natural and in many cases a bumber attitude. When I say they believe, I mean that the players, (majority) think the coaches will give them the best chance to win. That is developed year round. Not just during the game.

Before the Shep supporters jump on me, I am not saying that he didn't give them a chance to win. Coach J is on his honeymoon right now and the players are fired up and with a few exceptions are playing pretty good football.

Edited by fairplay2121

bcjones40,

As I have said before I was on that team. Thin what redddevil was talking about was a miss fg early in the game. I should have been a senior when you were playing or maybe I had done graduated. But anyway, I talked with players from 2000 and 2001 and they said Chad Jones never played on the varsity, but they thought he might have played 9th grade football. Since your name on coacht is bigcjones40, i thinki this is you. Have you lied on here or did someone give me the wrong Chad Jones?

bbs

Fair play,

Thanks for your response. I was hoping you could discredit my information. It sounds like you are better informed than I am.

With regards to the game, I think the Halls defense will have trouble stopping the run game of the Panthers. Their defensive lineman were dominated by Powell. I know nothing about Lenoir City but it seems that they can run the football. I think this could be big trouble for the Red Devils.

Fair play,

Thanks for your response. I was hoping you could discredit my information. It sounds like you are better informed than I am.

With regards to the game, I think the Halls defense will have trouble stopping the run game of the Panthers. Their defensive lineman were dominated by Powell. I know nothing about Lenoir City but it seems that they can run the football. I think this could be big trouble for the Red Devils.

I think you have legit concern RD. My hopes are that our line will play better this week. One thought is that our defense was more concerned about stopping Powell around the corners and became weak in the middle. I don't think that will be the case this week.

I am going to say Halls 38 , L. C. 14

bcj40,

I can't believe a fellow Red Debil done lied to me. Shame on you, I talked with some seniors from 2001 team and they said you never made it to varsity, you quit before spring. Makes no difference now but I know that whatever you print may not be acurate.

Don't nobaody worry bout the Debils, they will handle LC with easy and work on getting ready for the Rebels next week.

8-2 7-3 is good for this year. Prolly go 2 rounds in the playoffs.

bbs

Fairplay,

Why don't they throw the ball to the tight end?, Why don't we throw the ball to me? Why does so in so play instead of me? If I played we would do better. The coaches took that game from us. etc."

I thought this was something to chew on RD94. Look at these stats so far.

Large 1 reception 1 Touchdown

Dayton 9 receptions 3 Touchdowns

Reinhart 3 receptions 1 Touchdown

Reese 5 receptions 1 Touchdown

Boruff 15 receptions 2 Touchdowns

I'd say this receiving corp & coaching staff should be happy about that don't you? All this from a primary dominant running team. If I was a coach this late in the season I know I'd be believing in this group. Sharing the wealth and everyone is getting in the action.