JCHS

patsfan123

One of the players started a petition. More than half the team signed or gave verbal agreement to sign the petition. The administration found out. Each player was taken in one at a time to be interrogated. Three players refused and were immediately dismissed. Another player refused to name names and when asked stated he was with his teammates. He was immediately dismissed.

Seeing this happening one of the five seniors on the team, quit to follow his teammates. Four other players admitted to signing the petition. There will be a meeting tomorrow to decide of they are to remain on the team or will be removed.

If during the interrogation, a player said who started the petition and stated they did not signed, they were allowed to remain. A team of 36 is now down to 31 and may be down to 27. Needless to say, several were not honest.

These young men have a great work ethic and are very disciplined. But enough is enough!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the Knoxville News Sentinel today that four Jeff Co. players were kicked off and another quit on Monday. The players that were kicked off started a petition to have their head coach fired. Sounds like more troubles in Patriot land. Any info or comments???

I can't blame the coach for kicking them off. As a coach I would only want the kids there that want to play for me. Otherwise let's stop wasting each others time.

I do not believe that they are " calling for his head " I keep hearing Kisbeth saying he is the right man for the job. I think it might be a lot of kids listening to their parents complain about the coaching. I think he is doing the right thing by kicking them off. I wouldn't want a bunch of players who don't want to play for me.

I don't know of the so called background problems within the program, but, to start a petition in the middle of the season was wrong, problems or no problems, no good could come of this action. The kids deserved to be kicked off, splitting a team in two during the season helps no one!!

It all starts at home. Kids emulate what they see and hear. Some loser parent influenced their son to start this I'm sure. This reminds me of Penny Hardaway and The Magic with Hill a few years back. When players try to decide who the coach is nothing good will happen. They should kick all those involved off the team and then have a class in class. There is no place for this in high school sports unless abuse or criminal activity is involved and then I'm sure that parents take charge and not 16 year old kids.

Ole Dad

I don't know of the so called background problems within the program, but, to start a petition in the middle of the season was wrong, problems or no problems, no good could come of this action. The kids deserved to be kicked off, splitting a team in two during the season helps no one!!

I talked to some of the fans when I was at the Oak Ridge game at Jefferson County. They told me there is basically two camps in the community. One for the coach and one against the coach. This is something that is awfully hard to overcome until a change is made. To be any good it takes the whole community pulling in the same direction. A staff cannot overcome the fact that everytime the boys get home from practice, half the community is telling them their coaches stink and they don't know what they're doing. The kids get to where they don't believe in what the coaches are doing, and they can't win. It's a shame the once mighty Patriots are in this kind of shape. And Kisabeth still says we feel we have the right man for the job. Interesting