JCHS

patsfan123

2priceless, could you quote your source for this one:

"BTW ask any senior at RIVERDALE if Rankin helps them get scholarsips...they will give you an EMPHATIC NO!! he had a Meeting with them telling them he didn't have time to talk to recruiters and it wasn't his job to help them get scholarships. So do you consider him a good coach with his 4 state champ rings?"

A thread regarding one of your favorite coaches, and you have to turn it around and bash Rankin.

*SIGH*

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc,

I didn't read it as a bash. I think priceless didn't intend it to be a bash either, only a comparison about a coaches role in recruiting.

Ole Dad

2priceless, could you quote your source for this one:

"BTW ask any senior at RIVERDALE if Rankin helps them get scholarsips...they will give you an EMPHATIC NO!! he had a Meeting with them telling them he didn't have time to talk to recruiters and it wasn't his job to help them get scholarships. So do you consider him a good coach with his 4 state champ rings?"

A thread regarding one of your favorite coaches, and you have to turn it around and bash Rankin.

*SIGH*

Hmmmm. Where to start. First, everyone knew what they were getting into from the beginning. Coach Meadows was a great coach and I am sure the new coach is too. Theres just something wrong with the administration and they need someone to come in and do this thing right. Theres no room for excuses and what people could do if they had another coach or what not, the kids just need to play and let their actions speak for them. Because right now their mouths are getting them nowhere and they are having a horrible season. They have no leadership and thats what they are lacking from the years past. They need the Freshmen and Sophomores to step up yes I said it. The seniors time is pretty much over its time to look for the future. Well and maybe a new coaching staff........

Just wondering, where is JC4life, and WaCoJaCo, and patriot pride??? Has JC4life changed his screenname, Can't believe we have'nt heard from any these folks.

2priceless , Ole Dad u guys are righton with your posts. the only way for a team to be good is to have a good coach bring some discipline to the team because nothing, such as winning a state title, is going to handed off to the team.They have to earn what they want to achieve.if some of the players cant take the discipline then i too would dismiss them from the team.I would only want the players that want to on the team, the players that want to be in the weight room, to be on the practice field.i dont know coach U personally, but he does seem to be a good coach and since he coached Oakland to 1998 state title, he knows what it takes to have a winning season.Also the Community of JC needs to supportive of the entire team,including the coaches, because this whole "are u with the coaching staff or against the coaching staff" wont do any good

Edited by OR632003

I heard a remark today on talk radio which made me think. In every job there is some way to voice a grievance at the work place. He said, since most of us don't have a clue what is going on up there then maybe sometime we should listen to the kids and not just take the side of the adult. He said, what way does a kid have to express things like adults do at work? I guess they write petitions. Just a thought.

I was a former player on the Jefferson County Football team, and Coach Euverard is the worst coach I have ever played for. In 1998 he won a state championship with Oakland, but what has he done for Jefferson County? Last season we didn't make the playoffs, and this year everyone is quiting or getting kicked off and we have a 2-5 record. I can state as a fact that not more than 5 players on the team like the coach. I know it's not important for the players to like the coach, the players dislike the coach so much to the point of quiting the football team. The only reason Jeff. Co. football is so "soft" is because all the real football players left. The only players that are left on the football team is the ones that are afraid of Coach Euvarard or their parents wouldn't let them quit. Kisabeth must be a 49ers fan because if Coach Euvarard stays around their will be a lot of losing seasons to come in Dandridge.

It's good to see the JC adminstration supporting their coaches. Parents should not determine playing time. The big thing parents need to remember is. participating in high school sports is a privilage, not a right.

It's good to see the JC adminstration supporting their coaches. Parents should not determine playing time. The big thing parents need to remember is. participating in high school sports is a privilage, not a right.

So is coaching. A privilege and a responsibility.