Picks For State Title (5a)

I 'love' the exclude R'dale part of this thread! Folks have been trying to do that for the last 6 years. :lol:

'If' it was not R'dale there, it would be Oak Ridge and Brentwood. Then again that would NOT totally exclude R'dale though as Coach Crawford was an assistant coach there for a few years. :thumb:

That 'R'dale' thing tends to bite you no matter what or where. :lol:

a lot of people seem to be picking ravenwood to lose to brentwood... which id ont know why... what is gonna win this game is heart and pride and if they do meet in the playoffs RHS has the home game. That should matter

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of people seem to be picking ravenwood to lose to brentwood... which id ont know why... what is gonna win this game is heart and pride and if they do meet in the playoffs RHS has the home game. That should matter

Because Coach Crawford does NOT make the same mistakes twice. Count on his defense being tougher when it comes to the playoffs. Also Brentwood and Coach Crawford have the playoff experience that Ravenwood lacks.

For example look at Coach Crawford's FIRST year at Brentwood. He KNEW everything that R'dale would throw at him and used it to bring the gold home.

While Ravenwood has had a great year, I don't see them playing for the gold ball this year.

Because Coach Crawford does NOT make the same mistakes twice. Count on his defense being tougher when it comes to the playoffs. Also Brentwood and Coach Crawford have the playoff experience that Ravenwood lacks.

For example look at Coach Crawford's FIRST year at Brentwood. He KNEW everything that R'dale would throw at him and used it to bring the gold home.

While Ravenwood has had a great year, I don't see them playing for the gold ball this year.

The key factor I think you miss here is that Ravenwood has much better athletes overall than Brentwood. Much better. If it comes to the two of them playing each other, the Raptors win it.

The key factor I think you miss here is that Ravenwood has much better athletes overall than Brentwood. Much better. If it comes to the two of them playing each other, the Raptors win it

Heck, virtually every team in Region 6 has better athletes across the board. Superior, game tested coaching staffs, is what makes the difference for them.

Again, Rector has put all of his money on the Red number at the craps table and is rolling the dice for this year. All of the expectations and all of the pressure sit squarley on their shoulders. We'll see how they handle it. If he doesn't make it now, then it will be a major choke job-and the Raptors last chance for sometime to come.

Edited by fromthetop2