Db Vs Campbell Co.

ArtVandalay

DB plays host to Campbell Co. Friday night. It will be 4 weeks since DB has played at home, maybe the longest time between home games in Indian History, not sure, but it's a good guess.

DB all time is 4-0 against the Cougars. Winning twice at home and twice in Jacksboro. Oddly enough, both road games, the Indians have shut out the Cougars but @ J. Fred Johnson Stadium, Campbell Co. has been tougher.

This is one of those re-classification series...Campbell Co. joined Region 1 5A in 2001, it's a long road trip for the visitors in this series. This is the only Region 1 5A opponent of the Indians that I have not travelled too.

The Cougars made the Playoffs last year and I for one was hoping they were turning things around, but, last year must have been a great Senior Class as the wheel's have fallen off in '05.

DB needs 1 win in their final 2 games to secure the #1 Seed for Region 1 5A and home field advantage through at least the 1st 3 rounds... So, Graham Clark will have the Indians ready.... Crank up the Band.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read where Bart Ring will probably be starting against Campbell Co. That should be a good game and maybe Bart will make use of some of our receivers. Campbell Co has that running back (Johnson) that is tough and the DB defense will have to make sure they contain him. If Johnson is contained, I don't see DB having much of a problem. Live video (and sound) of this game will be available at for those of you that can't go but want to watch it on the internet. Click on my link to watch live video of the game Live DB vs Campbell Co Video

If that does not work for some reason, go to www.tricitiessports.com and look at the top right for 'Live Simulcast Action' and you should find it from there.

Edited by bud

DB plays host to Campbell Co. Friday night. It will be 4 weeks since DB has played at home, maybe the longest time between home games in Indian History, not sure, but it's a good guess.

DB all time is 4-0 against the Cougars. Winning twice at home and twice in Jacksboro. Oddly enough, both road games, the Indians have shut out the Cougars but @ J. Fred Johnson Stadium, Campbell Co. has been tougher.

This is one of those re-classification series...Campbell Co. joined Region 1 5A in 2001, it's a long road trip for the visitors in this series. This is the only Region 1 5A opponent of the Indians that I have not travelled too.

The Cougars made the Playoffs last year and I for one was hoping they were turning things around, but, last year must have been a great Senior Class as the wheel's have fallen off in '05.

DB needs 1 win in their final 2 games to secure the #1 Seed for Region 1 5A and home field advantage through at least the 1st 3 rounds... So, Graham Clark will have the Indians ready.... Crank up the Band.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

It appears tath the Cougar FAithful have gone completely AWOL on this team...what a shame that only a few of the many posters from last season even bother to read or post...shame on you FAIR WEATHER FANS!!!!

a winner never quits and

a quitter never wins!!!

Hey Peeb!!! I still will be cheering for the Cougs, regardless, I will continue to support are fine players and young men ...regardless..when someone gets on here and makes bashing remarks... as far as I am concerned they are bashing the young men... probably remarks coming from certain people at times that don't even know any of the fine young men that wear the blue and orange..Yes we are down this year but I look for better things ahead .. a fine freshmen team that has lost only one close game , and some good looking players coming up from the two fine middle schools that have football....go Cougs!!

I can't see this one being close at all. Although both are very different teams from last year, DB drilled us last year. If we couldn't hang within 40 of them last year, I don't see us doing it this year either. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them beat DB this year, or even make it a game..but I don't see it happening. Last year DB completely shut down Johnson, and I'm sure they'll bring that same gameplan into the game this year. I'm not makin a prediction but I don't see this being close whatsoever.

We went to the game up there last year. You guys have a very nice stadium and school. The whole area is beautiful. We camped overnite that Friday at Big South Fork - just to check it and the area out. Look forward to going back again.

Teams go through cycles. Yours will come out of the slump. I hope it turns out to be a more enjoyable game than most think, just not too good. :thumb: I don't think anybody likes a real lopsided game.

Lets hope for no injuries on either side. We've seen enough already.

Edited by DBGRAD70