Db Vs Campbell Co.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB played a great half of Football. The Defense again was Dominant. The D, starting with the LB Crew is awesome. Brandon Thompson got an INT and took it to the house for 6. A Fumble Recovery set up a quick DB TD.... Solid Defense has the Indians again as the #1 Seed from Region 1 going into the Playoffs.

Coach Clark said after the game, "This game gives us a share of the Region Title, but I don't want to share with anyone, we want it all." I like that, I like that alot!

Bart Ring played really well at QB, maybe the best long ball of the season was a 1st Qtr. completion to #9 Coty Sensabaugh, that set up the 1st DB TD. Ring hit several quick hitters, one was to #14 Marcus Rogers who abused the defender from Campbell Co with a wicked stiff arm and he jogged into the End Zone.

#14 could be a HUGE Weapon for the Tribe come Playoff Time.

Stayed around until 10:30, then I walked too the car, only to hear Tom Taylor say the Game was just called.... That was the 1st ever DB game I have ever been too that had a weather delay in it, and then it was the 1st ever DB game that was called short due to weather. Mother Nature could pick another day besides Friday to have fun on.

Let's play one with the Toppers, huh?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

We went to the game up there last year. You guys have a very nice stadium and school. The whole area is beautiful. We camped overnite that Friday at Big South Fork - just to check it and the area out. Look forward to going back again.

Teams go through cycles. Yours will come out of the slump. I hope it turns out to be a more enjoyable game than most think, just not too good. :thumb: I don't think anybody likes a real lopsided game.

Lets hope for no injuries on either side. We've seen enough already.

Hmmm, wow someone much less one from a visiting school, likes Dossett Stadium and the look of the school. Unfortunetly the school was never designed for over 1400-1500, so its crowded. All I can say for the stadium is the not the best or the worst. The only problem would be sitting on concrete for the whole game. Though the new field house has vastly improved that area.

Hmmm, wow someone much less one from a visiting school, likes Dossett Stadium and the look of the school. Unfortunetly the school was never designed for over 1400-1500, so its crowded. All I can say for the stadium is the not the best or the worst. The only problem would be sitting on concrete for the whole game. Though the new field house has vastly improved that area.

Well, perhaps a beautiful evening in a beautiful area of east Tennessee skewed my view of the school and stadium. I can't speak to the overcrowding. I think the setting/location was what influenced me. As far as concrete seats, it's much better than the typical metal bleachers that are open 5000 feet all the way to the ground. Actually I had forgotten that there is no visitor's section.

Here's to finding money to expand the school and add benchs to the concrete. :thumb:

Jkar did not hear anything on Lane but I think Johnson skipped practice!

Reports indicate that Chris Johnson skipped practice due to an unavoidable personal matter that was scheduled in advance that Coach Wells reportedly knew about.

If it is confirmed that Wells' suspended Johnson for an unavoidable personal issue, the I-75 South pipeline may start flowing again like the days of old. Several Jacksboro Eagle Middle School footballers are watching this with great interest . . .

To make matters worse, two current JMS footballers who are now Mavs (one Sr., one Frosh) are talking to the Eagle players about the virtues of the Anderson Co. football program - the recognition, absence of favoritism, playoff opportunities, weight room program, off-season workout regime, etc.

This situation is so sad, because Coach Wells has worked so hard to turn the Cougar program around. With a very talented JV/Freshman team, the Cougars are poised to make noise in Region 1 if the talent stays at home and focuses on football. However, it is disapointing that very few Cougars and coaches were at the Eagle playoff game last Tuesday. Maybe some of them will make an appearance this week as the Eagles take on Robertsville. You can rest assurred some of the Maverick folks will be there.

not to rub salt in any wounds, just an observation from me. remember back when i brought up the freshmen boys (coachs sons) playing and mentioned that it would be bad (can't remember term i used lol), that might have been the beginning move that starts that pipeline back up. i did say see how the season played out!!!!

as far as johnson being punished for a scheduled event that the coach new about is wrong in my eyes as long as the coach said it was ok. but if the coach told him that he would be punished then the player made the choice to be punished. of course we'll never know the truth because there's 3 sides to every story (my side, your side and the truth).

finding out about the lane boy will be an interesting one won't it!!!!

Great win for the tribe on Lightning Friday. look forward to this weeks showdown with the Hill on Friday night. Glad to see #14 back, I think he will open more passing lanes for the rest of the year.

Now , on this so called QB controversey. There is none in my opinion. If #4 is healthy and can perform he is the one to take this team into the playoffs. I know we had some great passes on friday night. But lets be honest we were playing a 3a school at best and thats being nice. There are 2a schools out there that would have whipped up on that team.

Some have said on here that Friday was the best performance of QB all year, but as i said it was a weak team. Deep passes was there all night. I believe that #4 will be the starter on Friday if he is healthy and he is the one that will give this team the best shot at continuing deep into the playoffs.

Lets bring it this week