This Is Why I Hate The Nba

Thats cause there momma would have smacked them into next week if they walked around showing off their butt or their underwear! I dont want to see Jackson's underwear, do you? Didnt think so! But there are a few white players that dress this way!

I consider that a negative racist stereotype. I have never seen an NBA player during an interview or at an off court event have their underwear or butt showing. Some of you seem to have already made assumptions about these players due to them belonging to a certain race or culture and that is wrong.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, the league will go on...it has been going on for way before my time without a mandatory dress code, so why the sudden urge of one now...

umm...i pay to see them play basketball...i dont really care if they wear suits or baggy sweat pants...because when it comes game time, they all have on a pair of shoes, a jersey, and some shorts...and they play the game of basketball...a dress code wont change the game...basically they just want to run these hood rat kids out of the NBA and leave it to the white professionals of america...

[/quote

It sounds like we both love basketball so at least we agree on that much.

However, when 80% or so of the NBA is african-american it's very easy to try and make it a race issue.Nobody is trying to run anybody else out of the league. As I have explained, the "sudden urge " to have have a dress code is to help improve the NBA's professional image. Nobody is being asked to change their lifestyle. People can live their personal lives how they wish.

Some of you seem to have already made assumptions about these players due to them belonging to a certain race or culture and that is wrong.

Gerry, Im just speaking from my heart here. I am white and I have a great many friends who are african-american. They are beautiful, beautful people.

What you say is very true. To make an assumption quickly without basis is wrong but I would like to mention that some...I stress SOME...individuals into the whole "hip-hop" lifestyle , whether they mean to or not, don't project what others may see as a positive image. To disagree with that one group is to be labled a racist. That's what hurts me and it does get old after a while. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from because I mean no disrespect in any way.

I agree the dress code is not the best idea. I think it does appear to be racially biased. However, the league gets to set the rules. Look at the uniform police in the NFL.

My point was that Camby is being paid millions and thinks that someone else should pay for his street clothes. Too many NBA players have a mind set that they have entitled to special treatment.

WOW! Wait a minute, I dont agree with the dress code, I dont care what they wear, it is non of my business, I am just saying that it seems everytime something happens that effects everyone, someone tries to make it racial issue! Do you guys think that the NBA just said one day, "hey lets pick on the black players in the league"? I dont think so! So, yes I dont exactly agree with the dress code, but to say it is racial is ludacris!

The way I see it is, the players work for the NBA. Who is the boss of the NBA? Stern is, if he wanted to make them all wear pink shirts, he could. They don't have to like the decisions that he makes. That just have to follow them and play ball.

As for the league having to pay for their clothes.. Well, if he is going to require it, I guess the league should be held responsible for the payment of the clothes. But if Stern doesnt think so, thats all that matters.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

hahaha. Thats right!

Los_Angeles_Dodgers_logo175.jpg

J. Kidd had on a pink shirt tonight i do believe haha <_<

Its going to be interesting to see A.I. debut suit...

Edited by The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

• 3 weeks later...

I agree the dress code is not the best idea. I think it does appear to be racially biased. However, the league gets to set the rules. Look at the uniform police in the NFL.

My point was that Camby is being paid millions and thinks that someone else should pay for his street clothes. Too many NBA players have a mind set that they have entitled to special treatment.

Let me help make your point more accurate. "Too many people have a mindset that they should be entitled to special treatment."

You know there's guys in the NFL that would say the same thing. But nooooo, we can't dog the sacred cow of the NFL. And there's idiots all over college and high school sports too. It's a society problem. The only difference between NBA players and a lot of our high school and college athletes is that they have money and microphones.