Hillwood

hillwoodtopper55

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Chief forgot to mention also coaches having to take car loads of kids home after practice and games (and not into the best parts of town) and many kids have to be done with practice in time to catch the activity bus home at 5 pm. Do I think metro has the best coaching.....it doesnt matter what I think, it is where I chose to send my kids, so it is what it is. Do I appreciate the good they do...you better believe it. My son will have more good memories of his coaches than bad ones. As bigchief said...they have to do ALOT of fund raising. Coach Link may have his faults....but I see him at more events raising money for football and baseball than any other coach/teacher I've known. These are the things metro coaches dont get enough credit for.

Edited by hillwoodfan

coach link is also not very well liked at hillwood, well atleast he wasnt when i went there that caused alot of people not to go play for him, he has had very few winning seasons in the past few years, it seemed that last year's class seemed to carry the team because before them hillwood was struggling in 4a

maybe he should take a few lessons from coach fritzgerald at pc, he seems to know how to get players to come out and play for him

Edited by 119wrestler

Some teams play with alot of heart, but how many are just front runners that play hard when the game is close. Alot of teams quit not only games, but on the season when things don't go well. When if ever should a coach decide to go with younger players or continue to play the seniors, when the season is lost? Lifer ,respond to this , please. I know you have an opinion.

Edited by runtheball

coach link is also not very well liked at hillwood, well atleast he wasnt when i went there that caused alot of people not to go play for him, he has had very few winning seasons in the past few years, it seemed that last year's class seemed to carry the team because before them hillwood was struggling in 4a

maybe he should take a few lessons from coach fritzgerald at pc, he seems to know how to get players to come out and play for him

What? 2002--6-5 Bellevue Exchange Bowl Champs

2003--9-2 Region runner-up to State Champ Hillsboro

2004--12-1 Region Champ--3rd Round of state playoffs. Best year ever.

I think that qualifies as the "last few years". Other than a couple of decent years in the mid to late 70's, no other period in school history even comes close. Sorry guy, but Hillwood has never been a powerhouse. Well, they were the state baseball champs...........................in 1977.

As far as Coach Link, I agree kids either love him or hate him. No different than any other coach I've ever known. I do know that very few coaches do as much behind the scenes for his kids as Coach Link does.

Coach Link may have his faults....but I see him at more events raising money for football and baseball than any other coach/teacher I've known. These are the things metro coaches dont get enough credit for.

Amen to all 3 statements...he definately has faults :D He definately works. Metro coaches definately don't get credit for doing the behind the scenes things that are handled by others in the midstate. Things like painting the field for games, seeding, cutting, watering fields year round, are not the responsibility of the coaches most places...they are in Metro. And before somebody says the obvious "If you don't like it leave Metro"...I don't hear any Metro coaches complaining about that stuff, I'm just stating facts.

Amen to all 3 statements...he definately has faults :D He definately works. Metro coaches definately don't get credit for doing the behind the scenes things that are handled by others in the midstate. Things like painting the field for games, seeding, cutting, watering fields year round, are not the responsibility of the coaches most places...they are in Metro. And before somebody says the obvious "If you don't like it leave Metro"...I don't hear any Metro coaches complaining about that stuff, I'm just stating facts.

well said. so with that being said on top of all of those other duties(fundraising, field maintenance, etc.) they still have to teach and coach...........

I agree with you Lifer.

Lifer, you are a bully, picking on kickers. Did we ever coach together and did you pick on me.

Aw...this guy made a statement one day about how the Wing-T only worked with superior runners and how Riverdale's offense could be run by everyone and it just chapped my #### that someone could speak with such authority about something he has completely bass ackwards. No we never coached together and I was never man enough to pick on you.