Hope For Next Season

The General

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this season is going straight down the drain, what about next year? Will Ainge be able to get his act together? I know its wrong to be talking about next season this early, but I am trying to take my mind the current season.. hahaha

the question that may be more important to next year is WILL the Coaches get their act together ??

I would suspect that Ainge will have a battle on his hands to get the starting job next season! I think Crompton will be ready to step in and take that job!

I agree I think Crompton will step up and win this QB battle if he is %100 healthy come spring ball. I want the number 1 QB to be decided by the end of spring ball so our recievers can develop some sort of chemistry with our QB.

I agree I think Crompton will step up and win this QB battle if he is %100 healthy come spring ball. I want the number 1 QB to be decided by the end of spring ball so our recievers can develop some sort of chemistry with our QB.

Labrum surgery is very tricky to try to recover from. They sometimes have to go in and scrape the joint to clear it from debris and repair the tear while tightening up the whole shoulder joint. If Crompton is ready by spring, he won't be 100%. Yet, his 80% may be better than everyone elses 100% :thumb:

Labrum surgery is very tricky to try to recover from. They sometimes have to go in and scrape the joint to clear it from debris and repair the tear while tightening up the whole shoulder joint. If Crompton is ready by spring, he won't be 100%. Yet, his 80% may be better than everyone elses 100% :lol:

I am starting to think that the man at the bottom of your post needs to get a shot! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Tn loses their starting QB (who couldn't play for LSU) and their front seven on defense. But look at the bright side, Ainge will be back. Or you could have a qb that hasn't taken a game snap. Don't forget the hardest working coach in college football.

.........and the topic was hope for next season? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't give up on Ainge just yet if Tennessee hires a real QB coach & offensive coordinator like D. Cutcliff or someone else to help teach him and get his confidence back he will be alright.

Has everyone forgot what he done a year ago?? Breaking Peyton's freshmen records and being named freshmen of the year. You just don't give up on that kind of talent that quick! ;)

Tn loses their starting QB (who couldn't play for LSU) and their front seven on defense. But look at the bright side, Ainge will be back. Or you could have a qb that hasn't taken a game snap. Don't forget the hardest working coach in college football.

.........and the topic was hope for next season? ;)

Tennessee will be alright!

The backfield will be a strenght on the offense as Arian Foster looks like the big time running back they thought he could be when he was recuited. David Yancey will be back to provide a solid backup.

Montario Hardesty & LaMarcus Coker will be back from redshirt to provide depth.

Cory Anderson & David Holbert will be back at Fullback.

The offensive line should again be pretty good. Arron Sears & Rob Smith will be back to anchor the line Redshirt Freshemn like J. McNeil, Malcolm Rawls and C. Scott should push for playing time as well.

The defense line should again be very good Justin Harrell, Turk McBride & DeMonte Bolden will anchor the middle with X. Mitchell, Anonio Reynolds & Robert Ayers as the ends. Plus add in the Redshirt Fr. like Raymond Henderson and Vlad Richard.

The secondary should be even better only losing Jason Allen but they have played pretty good since he went down with the injury plus with a full year of practice and some game action for Demetrice Morley and Adam Myers-White should add depth Morley will probably start at corner or FS.

Regardless of who the QB is Tennessee will likely be voted a top 15-20 team to start nexrt season. They still have top 5-10 talent.

The backfield will be a strenght on the offense as Arian Foster looks like the big time running back they thought he could be when he was recuited. David Yancey will be back to provide a solid backup.

The offensive line should again be pretty good. Arron Sears & Rob Smith will be back to anchor the line Redshirt Freshemn like J. McNeil, Malcolm Rawls and C. Scott should push for playing time as well.

The defense line should again be very good Justin Harrell, Turk McBride & DeMonte Bolden will anchor the middle with X. Mitchell, Anonio Reynolds & Robert Ayers as the ends. Plus add in the Redshirt Fr. like Raymond Henderson and Vlad Richard.

The secondary should be even better only losing Jason Allen but they have played pretty good since he went down with the injury plus with a full year of practice and some game action for Demetrice Morley and Adam Myers-White should add depth Morley will probably start at corner or FS.

Regardless of who the QB is Tennessee will likely be voted a top 15-20 team to start nexrt season. They still have top 5-10 talent.

Good Post! ;)

With all the positives of who is returning....you would think we had a good team this year. It only worries me more that these guys will be around again next year.

QB was not the only issue with this years team.

With all the positives of who is returning....you would think we had a good team this year. It only worries me more that these guys will be around again next year.

QB was not the only issue with this years team.

That is true but you will have a new OC & QB Coach I have also heard/read that there may also be a new WR Coach.

Plus there have been just some bad things happen this season passes dropped fumbles at bad times. I mean some of those fumbles you could hit the guy the same way over again for 10 straight times and he probably wouldn't fumble it again.

Edited by Sequatchie