Elizabethton Cyclones

coachh17

Will the Cyclones repeat? I don't think they are quite as strong top to bottom as last year, but I still look for Coach Presnell to work his magic and bring home another state crown. Also, congratulations to the girls for getting the whole team to the state. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joseph Pair did not run that time at Steeplechase. A friend of mine said that the course he ran on was ridiculously flat and even downhill. He said the finish line was 40 ft. below the start line in elevation. He guessed that it was probably about 30-40 seconds faster than steeplechase. I'm not trying to bring Pair down, it was still an amazing run, but it was not as fast as it seems.

Defending champ Elizabethton and Franklin Road Academy are certainly the favored teams for next Saturday's A/AA championship race.

Both teams dominated their regional races.

I predict Cyclones' Josh Jaynes and Panthers' Russell Rodewald will challenge Page's Joseph Pair for the A/AA individual tittle.

As usual, the team title will depend on how the 2-5 runners for each team perform. These are the guys whose times can fluctuate 20-30 seconds in a given race.

Don't think Coach Presnell's "magic" or good luck will have much to do with the outcome. The team with the most focused runners will prevail.

It should be a great race. Hope all runners are healthy for the big race.

Much Love to coach "P" and his training which keeps nothing in mind but the state meet. JJ will be ready along with the rest of the wild bunch, JJ runnin sub 16s on these sick East TN courses, i'm sorry theres a huge difference, Pair is tough, he is actually my future teammate, but I'm still talkin bout J...J son, Game on Cyclones, Do it for your boy, God knows i'll be down there to C IT :lol: