Rhea Co Vs Knoxville Central

medman

I agree with your post except one thing. Most of those times that O. Blair missed the QB was because of OL hanging all over him. Those refs were terrible. I don't think they know what a hold is. See you in Chat-town

You Can't handle it because there was no holding! or the Refs would have called

it . You can't handle the fact that the oline for us was good! You have got to be the

worst winner of a Team that won a game! Are you the fan from Central that got

thrown out of the stadium ? You sound like that guy!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medman and Cleveland

You two complain about the Refs and win!

You two must be the worst fans i ever heard you sure give Central fans a bad name you won quit complaining beacue we gave you a game and the refs were from your area!

Son, Medman is one of the most honest and straight forward posters on coach t. He is a Bobcat fan, but he has blasted the cats MANY times for poor play. Ill tell you he was Very kind when speaking of the Zebras. To be totally honest when Rhea County needed a call they GOT IT. On one Eagle drive in the come back there were probably 40 yards in penalties on a 50 yard drive. The Cruze catch in the end zone which was called incomplete was a joke. Dada Gastons :huh: fumble with a minute to go inside the Rhea County 15 yard line was just a stupid call, as his Knees were on the ground before the ball came out, which is just another example of the horrendous officiating. With out the help from the Zebras this would have been a 3 TD victory.

I will say this Rhea county did not quit, and they are well coached, in fact I think they will be a force next year.

Edited by PigSkinRules

bigin-- To not see what was obvious is looking thru Rhea Co colored glasses. I am not saying that Central did not commit some penalties. They did. As did RC. And the refs are not from the Knoxville area. In the playoffs the TSSAA assigns refs from another area to do the games. I have every right to comment on the refs win, lose or draw. If you don't like it, tough. You sound disappointed and you have every right to be. RC played well and with a lot of heart. They have a good team. That is a hard way to lose a game. Even the radio announcers, which are not Central radio people, but the Knoxville sports talk station, were commenting on the calls mentioned. Nobody is taking anything away from RC, which seems to be your point.

Hammontree is a good coach and RC will use this season and this game to build on for next year. Region 4 teams better be ready for them.

Pigskin--thanks and yours played very well last nite.

I was on Central's sidelines last night and had a pretty darn good look at some of the plays that the officials missed:

1) I definitely agree about Da Da being down on that "fumble". He was already down.

2) I don't know about Cruze and the TD....couldn't tell from my angle

3) One play, right in front of me, AJ was being held. What makes it obvious is that his jersey was being pulled away (duh!) and AJ was fighting to get free.....but the official standing right there called a facemask penalty on AJ instead. Ridiculous!!!

4) On the first intentional grounding call, it took the back judge a few moments to decide if it was grounding or not. Not a receiver in sight, so the call looked pretty obvious to me. Once the ref finally found his little yellow hanky, the penalty was offset by a defensive holding call on CHS.

5) On the second intentional grounding call, Rhea County's QB threw a desperation pass to a lineman. The lineman threw his hands up to attempt to catch the ball. But the ref's waved the flag off. Why......are lineman now eligible receivers?

6) What about that long pass that Rhea County's QB threw for a TD. Looked to me like he was at least 3-5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. No flag was thrown there.

Bigin52, I rarely get on here and run my mouth, but you need to get some of your facts straight before making yourself look like a sore loser. There was a lot of holding going on last night and that's why you guys were able to give your QB time to throw the ball. I can guarantee you that on a level playing field without horrible officiating, the Cats D would have made your QB's life miserable last night. If it wasn't for the poor officiating, the game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

And FYI, those so called REFS last night were from Morristown.......not exactly "In our area" as you state.

Edited by sofine

Medman and Cleveland

You two complain about the Refs and win!

You two must be the worst fans i ever heard you sure give Central fans a bad name you won quit complaining beacue we gave you a game and the refs were from your area!

What in the world are you spouting off about? Did you even read Medman's post? He was nothing but complimentary of your team. And I will even go one further by adding that I was impressed with your fans also. RC brought bus loads and they did a great job during the whole game- but you are definitely making the rest of them look bad. Medman and I were discussing the officiating of the game- nothing more. You say that I am the worst winner you've heard? If I was a bad winner, I would be blaming the officiating on us not winning by more- but I didn't. If I was a bad winner, I would have told you that you're lucky we turned the ball over 6 times or the score would have really been ugly- but I didn't. If I was a bad winner, I would have directed you to the basketball threads on Coach T's website where you can try to impress others with your ignorance- well......... I will say that one.

Man that was a great game probly the best high school game i have ever seen in person. So close but not enough time for Rhea. Both teams played hard and as a fan that is all i can ask for. Yeah there was some missed calls on both teams but that is football for ya. I have got to give props to Central on the Stadium, very nice and a great atmosphere. If you were not there you missed one heck of a game down by 21 at the start of the 4th and to come back and have a try to tie it and miss it oh that was painful. But if Rhea would have played like that in the regular season then we probly would have been the Region champs. But on to next week I think I might make the trip down to Red Bank and see a dual between two great RB next friday.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Hey Rhea Co.

Thanks for the great post. It was a great game and I would like to commend Rhea Co. for bringing the fans and the noise. Man, you guys were loud!!!!!

When we play Maryville, the stands are always packed and loud. Last night's game wasn't a sell-out by any means, but you guys definitely had the spirit. Good luck to you guys next year, ya'll definitely have some talent.

As far as the refs missing calls....I had somebody tell me that if an official threw a flag every time there was a penalty, then the average high school game would take at least 6 hours.