Alcoa Vs. Gp

Tornadofan15

You can watch the replay on T.V..............come up with your own opinion. Just get the Alcoa depth chart to understand how deep in to the line up he went in the 2nd,3rd & 4th quarters.

One other thing to note. Coach Reid basically turned the play calling to the ast. coach that works with the freshman in the second half.

Also in the replay you will see Coach Reid go out to the offical and request the 2nd half to be reduced to 8:00 quarters. The offical looks at the score board then shakes his head "yes"

As far as being classless, stating..."It is fairly ironic though that you make statements like that to defend a guy who just humiliated a bunch of high school kids by hanging 91 on them." ..................you formed an opinion without watching the game???

AND.yea,yea I know maryville never ever does wrong...I got that! :thumb:

Reid is the head coach. The outcome of the game is his responsibility whether he decides to take half a day off or not. But if he requested the game be reduced to 8:00 quarters that says a lot. I guess I didn't realize 2A football was that weak in East Tennessee.

When a team scores 91 points on another team in football an opinion is going to be formed by most without going over the film with a fine tooth comb. Whether it is fair or not it is human nature. Scoring 91 is going to get this type of reaction from some.

I will shy away from the word classless, that was your blanket assessment not mine.

I used Maryville as an example because that is who I see every week. I never said they were perfect. Just using that particular game as an example. Your attempts to compliment us is really kind of funny because the mere mention of them or posts by their fans obviously gets under you skin fairly quickly. Another tad of irony though, looks like if Alcoa scored 300 you would find a way to justify it. Guess they "never ever do wrong" either huh?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought there was a person on here putting a fake score up on the scoreboard. TRUST ME, when I say that I have seen some very horrible high school football teams. Teams that don't even line up in an organized defense. And the score NEVER got that high. Why? Because when you hit the 60s/70s thats borderline bush league. You know how to prevent that , you kneel the ball, or you punt it back to them. You don't put 91 points on a high school football team..Theres no excuse.

very good point im sure milan westview and huntingdon all three could have dont that tonight but they didnt milan beat treadwell 51 to 0 huntingdon beat westwood like 49 to 0 and i think westview beat bt washington like 30 something to 13 or so the point is that u dont have to score 90 or more

Maybe its just me but as a 17 year old athlete who is very competitive I would rather get beat 91-7 than have a team give me mercy and take 3 dives and a punt....just fall down in the open field instead of score a TD, and take knees at the 1 foot line. Its my fault if I can't stop them. To me pity is the worse than merciless

Its time people stop worrying about hurting someones feelings....you play the game to win, not to make your loss look admirable.

btw congrats....I read an Arkansas Razorback football board and there was a thread about this game on there haha

Edited by Harris' hooligans

have any of you stopped to think that maybe alcoa was using the "3 dives and a punt" tactic, but they were just that much better than GP tonight that it didnt work? from what i've heard, they didnt hardly get a chance to make it to the "2nd dive", let alone a 3rd and punt! alcoa was just that much better tonight, and you cant blame a kid for wanting to score a touchdown, regardless of the circumstances. if it were you kid out there doing the exact same thing you wouldnt have a problem w/it!

have any of you stopped to think that maybe alcoa was using the "3 dives and a punt" tactic, but they were just that much better than GP tonight that it didnt work? from what i've heard, they didnt hardly get a chance to make it to the "2nd dive", let alone a 3rd and punt! alcoa was just that much better tonight, and you cant blame a kid for wanting to score a touchdown, regardless of the circumstances. if it were you kid out there doing the exact same thing you wouldnt have a problem w/it!

i could be wrong but i dont think any highschool team is good enough to put their worst and youngest players on the field and still be able to beat a team, any highschool team 91 to 7, let alone beat a team like that in the playoffs. thats just disrespectful. kinda like loudon and wartburg earlier in the year, loudon was up 34 to 0 in the first quarter, after that loudon put in the reserves and ended up winning 60 to 21, no thats respectful. no 91 to 7

What I saw in the second half was the young guys playing. They ran the ball and when they got in the open field they scored. What do you want them to do. Turn a young players playing time into Half back dives and punts. They let the KIDS play. If they got an oppurtunity they made the best of it. GP turned it over again and again. They scored 3 times in the second half. ! defensivly and 2 offensivly with the backup. Lay off of Alcoa, they let their kids play. You say classless, what would happen if the quarters were not shortened.

What I saw in the second half was the young guys playing. They ran the ball and when they got in the open field they scored. What do you want them to do. Turn a young players playing time into Half back dives and punts. They let the KIDS play. If they got an oppurtunity they made the best of it. GP turned it over again and again. They scored 3 times in the second half. ! defensivly and 2 offensivly with the backup. Lay off of Alcoa, they let their kids play. You say classless, what would happen if the quarters were not shortened.

We might as well quit trying to explain to the Alcoa fans how classless and sickening their display tonight was! They won't ever get it! I hope that the same thing happens to them if a team gets a chance, and they can thank themselves for it! It will happen sometime, somewhere, and when it does, let's see how many of them want to come on here crying and complaining about how classless that other team was. Most of us on here will tell them the same thing I will. Shut it! Sooner or later they are going to run into the coach that remembers last night, and he will make an example out of them. I just hope it happens on a bigger stage, like maybe the semis or the state championship game!

There are ways to stop something like this, alcoa11905. You start playing kids in positions they don't normally play, or like I said earlier, the coach is able to call plays that won't work! I know that for a fact, because I've done it! Class is when Cookeville is up on Boyd Buchanan 42-7 at halftime. That's the way the game ended also, because Coach Joslin has class!

Maybe its just me but as a 17 year old athlete who is very competitive I would rather get beat 91-7 than have a team give me mercy and take 3 dives and a punt....just fall down in the open field instead of score a TD, and take knees at the 1 foot line. Its my fault if I can't stop them. To me pity is the worse than merciless

Its time people stop worrying about hurting someones feelings....you play the game to win, not to make your loss look admirable.

btw congrats....I read an Arkansas Razorback football board and there was a thread about this game on there haha

That is a good point. To me , if Iwas playing against J.V. players with my starting team and they were taking knees and not trying to advance fumbles , interceptions , etc , that , would be a slap in the face to me. But this is just my opinion and I can understand how some feel this was uncalled for , especially if they did not actually see the game. :thumb:

Edited by Coalman

That is a good point. To me , if Iwas playing against J.V. players with my starting team and they were taking knees and not trying to advance fumbles , interceptions , etc , that , would be a slap in the face to me. But this is just my opinion and I can understand how some feel this was uncalled for , especially if they did not actually see the game. :thumb:

Here, here! I'd like to know what the boys should've done when the ball was just handed to the defense 5-10 yard from the goal line. Even if they had taken a knee, they still would have scored without much effort. My heart goes out to G-P. Those boys never did quit. Just out of curiosity, what does an opposing coach who is down 70-0 say to his players at halftime? They could've had the final score 70-0 if they had just gotten on the bus at halftime. If that had happened, what would everybody be saying then? That G-P had no class, that they laid down and died for Alcoa? The Alcoa boys (every single one of them) played their hearts out. Isn't this what you're suppose to do in the playoffs? Reid played everybody but the band and the trainers, and he would've played them if he could have. I agree, you can't tell those young guys to get out there and take a knee; that would be more embarrassing to an opposing team. All of those guys (on both sides) are athletes, and athletes are trained to get out there and give it your all, win or lose. I've never seen a football game that had 91 points scored. If you had seen the game, you'd see that after Alcoa put up 40 points, they really didn't try to make the big plays, they just got out there and did what they're trained to do. They tried to run the clock down, but G-P kept letting them score. Like I said, my heart goes out to G-P, and they have my respect for not laying down. G-P is just in an extremely weak district (this should be obvious by Oliver Springs beating their #1), and it's no fault of their own. Hopefully District 1 will get tougher schedules so they can compete with district 2.

Edited by aliastn