Sanders Expected to Step Down as UT Offensive Coordinator

Gerry Bertier

Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer is expected to announce later this afternoon that Randy Sanders will step down as the Vols' offensive coordinator, although Sanders will stay on staff for the remainder of the season as quarterbacks coach.

Fulmer will take over the play-calling duties and offensive coordinator responsibilities for the rest of the seson. Fulmer and Sanders have had ongoing discussions about this change for the last two days.

After Saturday's 16-15 loss to South Carolina, the Vols are ranked 108th nationally out of 117 Division I-A programs for scoring offense. The South Carolina loss marked the first time in the Phillip Fulmer era that the Vols have lost three straight games.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutcliffe coming back would be great, but I am not sure UT has that kind of money to spend on a offensive coordinator. Especially one that wants to be a head coach, with the UK job probably opening up, it will be hard to get him.

He is living back in Knoxville and has made many appearances at the UT games this season and has hinted that he may be back? :thumb:

Edited by gotmilk?

He is living back in Knoxville and has made many appearances at the UT games this season and has hinted that he may be back? :thumb:

Cutcliffe stated last night on the local sports VOL CALLS radio that he has NOT had any discussion with Fulmer or anybody from UT about coming back. He said the only convo he has had was Fulmer was on his well being..ditto for Sanders also.

SO I ask this....Is he lying?

hey gotmilk I have a question for ya... How did you get that logo under your screen name? I have a good one to put under mine but have no clue how to do it or even a pic at the bottom of each of my post? Either one is fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My Controls, edit avatar settings, then chose from the ones coacht has up there!