Sanders Expected to Step Down as UT Offensive Coordinator

Gerry Bertier

Just what Tennessee needs, a coach that wants to use the team as his proving ground for bigger things......which means he is coming from somewhere that he did not have success. Wonderful.

Just check his track record! Offensively the man is a genius and has had big offensive numbers everywhere he has coached including at UT! :blink:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just check his track record! Offensively the man is a genius and has had big offensive numbers everywhere he has coached including at UT! :blink:

Then why does he need to get his "respect back as an OC", as you stated in your previous post?

How did he lose respect, as an OC, since the man is a genius???

Did I miss something in your post?

Then why does he need to get his "respect back as an OC", as you stated in your previous post?

How did he lose respect, as an OC, since the man is a genius???

Did I miss something in your post?

Maybe it wasnt as clear as what I thought! What I meant is he needs to be an OC somewhere to regain the respect of some AD's, to prove that he is still capable of guiding a team! Then maybe he will get a chance at a decent school! Ididnt mean he needed to regain respect in being an OC I meant to say he needs to be an OC to regain respect! B)

Cutcliffe has said he really wants to be a head coach, so I think the only ways he will be in Knoxville next fall is...a university does not want to take a chance on a guy who just had open heart surgery....or Fulmer can play the best friend card and UT can come up with some great compensation

Let me throw this one out there. He doesn't get a head coaching job. (According to Bill King he won't.) He comes back to Knoxville with a huge assistant coach salary. What does Chavis do if his is not matched?????

Let me throw this one out there. He doesn't get a head coaching job. (According to Bill King he won't.) He comes back to Knoxville with a huge assistant coach salary. What does Chavis do if his is not matched?????

Not gonna happen......In other words, if Cut comes back with a huge salary, look for Chavis to be taken care of.

Also, look for some more things to happen if Cut returns. You might see Cut take over more operations in the next year or two. Fulmer could be up for a AD job soon and Cut could take over the UT head coach position. I know that sounds far fetched but it's a scenario that works to everyone's liking if you think about it. The AD job needs a turnover. Fulmer is highly respected by the Alum and if Cut can pull off a good season or two, everyone's happy and the whole works stays in house just as everything else is in UT land........... :(

Just remember, you heard it here first!!! :(

Edited by ERA

Not gonna happen......In other words, if Cut comes back with a huge salary, look for Chavis to be taken care of.

Also, look for some more things to happen if Cut returns. You might see Cut take over more operations in the next year or two. Fulmer could be up for a AD job soon and Cut could take over the UT head coach position. I know that sounds far fetched but it's a scenario that works to everyone's liking if you think about it. The AD job needs a turnover. Fulmer is highly respected by the Alum and if Cut can pull off a good season or two, everyone's happy and the whole works stays in house just as everything else is in UT land........... ;)

Just remember, you heard it here first!!! :(

Heck ERA, I said that to some of my friends Monday. You need to catch up on things. :(

Mike Hamilton told me 2 years ago that Fulmer wanted to coach around 10 more years when they discussed long range stuff (that would give him a decent shot of breaking the Bear's SEC wins record - which he really wants to do). I've heard many say this week he's got about 6-7 years left in him, so what Hamilton said would be about right.

It's pretty much been common knowledge that Fulmer would become the AD when he retires from coaching for all the above reasons you said. Is that good or bad....I dunno. However, I do not see Cutcliffe ever being head coach at UT. It would be a Dean Smith/Guthridge kind of deal that would set the program way back by the time it happens and how old all parties involvev would be.

And as long as Chavis is matched, then I don't care. That guy's one of the top 5 D-coordinators in college football and if we ever let him get away because of stupid on our end, well, let's just not say I will be happy. :lol:

I have a ? for all UT fans.....Who will be to blame on Saturday "IF" UT were to get beat either in a close game OR a blowout?

A) Fulmer

:o Washington

C) Stephens

D) Sanders

E) Chavis

F) Taylor

We will have to wait and watch and see who is responsible for the loss! It could be alittle bit of each?

• 2 weeks later...