Sanders Expected to Step Down as UT Offensive Coordinator

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, one of the funniest thing I have ever seen was at the UT/UGA game in 97. They trying to stage one of those camera shots with Smokey and Uga for CBS, except the problem was Smokey kept trying to tear into him and had to be taken away. It was a good omen.....686 yards later, UT won 38-13.

Ah, those were the good old days..... :rolleyes:

Ah, one of the funniest thing I have ever seen was at the UT/UGA game in 97. They trying to stage one of those camera shots with Smokey and Uga for CBS, except the problem was Smokey kept trying to tear into him and had to be taken away. It was a good omen.....686 yards later, UT won 38-13.

Ah, those were the good old days..... :thumb:

Ahhhh........Yes I do miss those days!

Ahhhh........Yes I do miss those days!

Well, living in the present, I would like to congratulate Recruiter Fulmer and his staff on achieving a new milestone in his career....the coveted #5 spot in the ESPN.com's Bottom 10!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2211211

(I was going to lose all faith in polls if we didn't pull it off this week.)

*Please note - For those of you not familiar with the Bottom 10, the coveted #5 spot is reserved for big time programs who have been made fools of in the past week.

*Also note - because this change was instigated by Sanders and not Fulmer, technically Fulmer has still not made one change to the program. Thus, he will still be referred to as "Recruiter Fulmer" until he does make a change that he instigates.

Edited by Solomon

Little Johnny was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the children

> what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up --

> fireman, policeman, salesman, etc... Little Johnny was being

> uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

>

> "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes

> in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out

> to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

>

> The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other

> children to work on some coloring, and took Little Johnny aside to ask him,

> "Is that really true about your father?"

>

> "No," said Little Johnny, "He coaches Tennessee football, but I was too

> embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

:lol:

Little Johnny was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the children

> what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up --

> fireman, policeman, salesman, etc... Little Johnny was being

> uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

>

> "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes

> in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out

> to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

>

> The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other

> children to work on some coloring, and took Little Johnny aside to ask him,

> "Is that really true about your father?"

>

> "No," said Little Johnny, "He coaches Tennessee football, but I was too

> embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

I like that tex

A UT fan that was stranded on a deserted island since late August arrived back in town on Halloween. The first thing he did when being reunited with his wife was to ask her how UT's football team was doing.

"So, how are the Vols doing this year?" he asked.

"Well, they're 3 and 4," she responded.

"That's not bad," he replied. "Which poll are they number 3 in?"

Cutcliffe has said he really wants to be a head coach, so I think the only ways he will be in Knoxville next fall is...a university does not want to take a chance on a guy who just had open heart surgery....or Fulmer can play the best friend card and UT can come up with some great compensation

Cutcliffe has said he really wants to be a head coach, so I think the only ways he will be in Knoxville next fall is...a university does not want to take a chance on a guy who just had open heart surgery....or Fulmer can play the best friend card and UT can come up with some great compensation

I understand that, but I think Cutcliffe needs to gain some respect back as an OC before anyone else will give him a chance? He may be able to pull a smaller school or even a job like UK, but most of thoses jobs are dead end jobs and he will be right back where he started just like with the Ole Miss job! I love Cutcliffe as a coach, but I dont believe he is a very good recruiter, he was never able to bring in alot of talent at Ole Miss and it showed! Eli was pretty much all David ever had and he didnt recruit him! :D

I understand that, but I think Cutcliffe needs to gain some respect back as an OC before anyone else will give him a chance? He may be able to pull a smaller school or even a job like UK, but most of thoses jobs are dead end jobs and he will be right back where he started just like with the Ole Miss job! I love Cutcliffe as a coach, but I dont believe he is a very good recruiter, he was never able to bring in alot of talent at Ole Miss and it showed! Eli was pretty much all David ever had and he didnt recruit him! :rolleyes:

Just what Tennessee needs, a coach that wants to use the team as his proving ground for bigger things......which means he is coming from somewhere that he did not have success. Wonderful.