A-AA Boys Results

Aspen

This thread reads more like a Terrell Owen or Dennis Rodman press conference than a cross country discussion. This kind of trash talking and bragging doesn't belong in high school sports. It belongs in professional "wrestlin".

I've got a pretty good idea that Coach Presnell would be embarrassed and disappointed by what some Etown people have posted. He has always been a first class guy. I don't know FRA's xxtry coach that well, but I do know that Coach Tucker would be angry if any of his distance runners participated in this trash. Coach Tucker is a humble man who would hate this lack of class.

I always thought if you did it on the track (or xxtry course), there was no need to talk about it. I guess that the negative influences of a few loud mouth pro athletes has crossed over into cross country.

I always thought distance runners were a higher class bunch of athletes. I guess this proves that there are a few bad apples in even the most honorable of sports.

coach presnell would be disapointed which is one reason i havent been trying to argue w/ anyone as much in my last few posts....in my last one i wasnt trying to brag or rag on anyone it was just a simple statement.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it once and ill say it again. Both FRA and Etown are respected schools that have been wrongly portrayed by us cc guys. Jaynes talks smack...but he backed it up. FRA talked smack but they back it up. Ill be the first one to say ive been guilty of trash talk. Its over guys...lets try to lay off the bashing

Edited by stealthccrunner3200

actually my dad was in the stands but i did say that rodewald passed jaynes for 5-10 sec but still jaynes basically led the whole race is what im sayin.

I wasn't arguing with you...I was taking issue with his statement (among others) that he led from start to finish....you said that I was wrong....in any case I enjoyed the event...and I have a lot of respect for the runners and particularly FRA. I would have hoped for any victor to show some humility. As someone who has run distance casually since college from times when I ran 0 to the times when I average 30 miles a week over the last 25 years (many 1000 mile years)...I have a lot of respect for you guys knocking down those times

i do more than run my mouth. i back it up. yea the time was slow...is it my fault that you all are slow and i led the whole race...push me...ill go faster.

newsflash: real champions dont need people to push them, guys like baska, miller, bumbalough, weaver, chuili, sorrell, harris...good for you, you won and on that i congratulate you...but then again it is A/AA you are not even top ten in the state, and dont give me that "i had no one to push me, or i only ran to win" real champs dont need people to push them when they are that much better than people (as you claim)

go run fl south, show us how fast you are

newsflash: real champions dont need people to push them, guys like baska, miller, bumbalough, weaver, chuili, sorrell, harris...good for you, you won and on that i congratulate you...but then again it is A/AA you are not even top ten in the state, and dont give me that "i had no one to push me, or i only ran to win" real champs dont need people to push them when they are that much better than people (as you claim)

go run fl south, show us how fast you are

Nicely put.

Yeah....Jaynes....congrats on the title...but next to rob, or alex....or well anyone with a faster time you're a nobody. Like they said, you're not even top 10 across the boards...so it'd be great if you'd quit talking trash and thinking you're big stuff. there's the Mystery? on dyestat who does the same thing. Talks big but really isn't at all.

Public school vs. Private? i can't believe thats an issue. Recruiting? lol...better coaches?....wow. I know plenty of public school kids who can beat private schoolers. Teams that are competitive with eachother...

So quit trash talking, quit you're bitching

less than 10 guys broke 16 today right? out of like 700. yea sounds like steeplechase is cake just like all the east tn people said

And what are you talking about? Since when do the guys in the east think that the steeplechase course is "cake"...thats ridiculous. we know how hard the course is. yeah, we've in the past made the mistake of thinking that the West is the weaker region, but MUS disproved that this past year in track and in xc. We're not a bunch of snobs or whatever you think we are in regards to other teams, other divisions, or regions.

• 4 weeks later...