CONGRATS to Coach Presnell & the Cyclone Boys

Drem2Achev

I'm not putting down your track season trainning... I'm just saying if you work in the offseason then things can only be better.

I felt really bad at state. I went out so much slower than I usually do and things just kept falling apart. I had no energy. Every time I told myself, "Your okay. Just start making the move now." I would pass 5 guys and give it right back up.

I also almost had a SEI the night before. I fell while running in downtown Nashville and ended up screwing my ankle and foot up so bad I had to have help walking. Only an overdose of pain medication and ice was able to keep me going.

Our #1 and I like running together during the races. I usually go out faster and he keeps an eye on me and uses me to catch up and etc. We were going to go all the way together at state, however, he felt sick and it slowed me down the first mile, which then took at least 20 seconds of my time that I couldn't regain.

Those are my excuses. It was a bad race. but if you want to have a laugh. look at the TN Classic results for the small schools race. Look from place 100-110 and you'll find my name. I couldn't breathe that day.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not putting down your track season trainning... I'm just saying if you work in the offseason then things can only be better.

I felt really bad at state. I went out so much slower than I usually do and things just kept falling apart. I had no energy. Every time I told myself, "Your okay. Just start making the move now." I would pass 5 guys and give it right back up.

I also almost had a SEI the night before. I fell while running in downtown Nashville and ended up screwing my ankle and foot up so bad I had to have help walking. Only an overdose of pain medication and ice was able to keep me going.

Our #1 and I like running together during the races. I usually go out faster and he keeps an eye on me and uses me to catch up and etc. We were going to go all the way together at state, however, he felt sick and it slowed me down the first mile, which then took at least 20 seconds of my time that I couldn't regain.

Those are my excuses. It was a bad race. but if you want to have a laugh. look at the TN Classic results for the small schools race. Look from place 100-110 and you'll find my name. I couldn't breathe that day.

So you are pretty much saying you had terrible races every race except for your 16:43? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. And i also think it's funny how you are now blaming a teammate for your slow time. You are not that good. I respect that you have goals, but at least be realistic about them. And don't make excuses for running a fast time on a short course.

So you are pretty much saying you had terrible races every race except for your 16:43? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. And i also think it's funny how you are now blaming a teammate for your slow time. You are not that good. I respect that you have goals, but at least be realistic about them. And don't make excuses for running a fast time on a short course.

So harsh

I'm not saying that I ran bad races except for the 16:43

I ran on major hill courses. Baylor was the first course that was actually flat we ran all season. And baylor wasn't just flat. It was downhill, then uphill for 3/4... so uphill that you don't feel a thing.

Baylor is about the length that steeplechase was before they lengthened it.

As much as the hills help me on a course like baylor, I hope the Chatt. area league will be on some more courses next year. the league ran 1 race at the dam, 1 at riverpark (all flat), and 1 at baylor before optimist. We didn't race with the leauge this year opting to go to invites and do hilly courses.

and you can say I'm blamming my teammate. I don't care. He doesn't care. We both know that we both hindered each other during the race.

Am I saying that we would've won state? No. FRA ran too good of a race for us to win if we had a good day.

For next year: I feel that a 16:00-16:15 is going to be too slow. If the frontrunners train hard and stay healthy, I don't see any reason why we can't have 3 guys under 16 minutes.

I'm ending this discussion right now. So my last words are good luck to everyone as we all train for track and for cross country next year. I hope to see you guys at invitationals around the area. The cross country forum will be closed in about 1 1/2 weeks or so or whenever the HS football forum is closed. My hope for the track forum is that there isn't as much argueing and virtual fighting and we can have actually civilized discussion about the great sport of Track and Field. Train hard and run strong!

My final post in this forum. Only 1 a/aa guy broke 16 on steeple this year so i dont think there will be three next year. Trent ur too harsh, jj ur too cocky, seminoles is somewhat neutral, coniglio makes too many excuses, crippler always brings up track bc his cc team blows, drew doesnt like coniglio, xcmiler talks too big and cant back it up. I think that is about all...what a year

Edited by stealthccrunner3200

My final post in this forum. Only 1 a/aa guy broke 16 on steeple this year so i dont think there will be three next year. Trent ur too harsh, jj ur too cocky, seminoles is somewhat neutral, coniglio makes too many excuses, crippler always brings up track bc his cc team blows, drew doesnt like coniglio, xcmiler talks too big and cant back it up. I think that is about all...what a year

that was uncalled for. its not my fault we were a one man team. we had a lot of potential going into the year we just didnt live up 2 it. but i cant help bringing up track since were incredible and we rape everyone else that is posting on this board

I thought that was you're last post..?? but anyways yall need to stop raggin on everyone...especially coniglio i mean i dont care if yall say hes makin axcuses or w/e....do be a freshman and be in the 16's is pretty darn good.

Ur one to talk. you talk as much smack as jaynes. Only he can bc he won state. Im not raggin im just tellin what i think. I respect coniglio and his accomplishments but i dont like how people make excuses. I dont wanna hear about how u fell before the race or how u were sick. Just accept the fact that you cant have the best race of your life everytime u run. Dont make excuses just say u didnt run well.

Ur one to talk. you talk as much smack as jaynes. Only he can bc he won state. Im not raggin im just tellin what i think. I respect coniglio and his accomplishments but i dont like how people make excuses. I dont wanna hear about how u fell before the race or how u were sick. Just accept the fact that you cant have the best race of your life everytime u run. Dont make excuses just say u didnt run well.

I can understand that.....but the only time ive talked smack on here is when i was talkin about jaynes....ive never tried to get on here and tell everyone how awsome i am or anything like that but anyways i can see what you're sayin about makin excuses and i dont like it when ppl make excuses either but im not going to say anything to coniglio about it because for 1 how am i supposed to kno about it anyways im not sure if that course is short or not but i have heard that its one of the tougher courses and 2 im not gona say anything to a freshman that has done as much as he has.