CONGRATS to Coach Presnell & the Cyclone Boys

Drem2Achev

Congratulations to Coach Presnell and his teams. Congrats to JJ for winning the race. No doubt FRA is good, but they are also private. CoachT will probably move me or shut me down, and don't lecture me about multipliers and no-scholarships. It is your right to attend a private school, but if you don't want to go to a public school, run in your own league.

You're wrong. FRA can't recruit, the TSSAA already adjusted the divisions to give public schools an advantage, and E-Town also has about 600 more people in their high school, so they have more people to choose from. I'm not trying to rag on you, but don't say FRA does things that they don't really do.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ragging on you, I admitted you were good. I know you don't recruit, that's why I said don't lecture me that you give no scholarships. I just have a fundamental belief that athletes who choose to attend private schools should compete against private schools. Why should you get to compete for titles against us when you choose not to go to school with us? You get the best of both worlds, as usual. Shame on you TSSAA. I bet I'm getting close to getting moved now. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

2nd, 1st, 2nd for the last 3 years incredible job. Coach Presnell does a great job with his teams. Congrats. to all you guys and gals that work so hard, did a great job.

Coach worked some more magic and made them believe in his system the hard training and it paid off.

All you all are an inspriation to all other athletes at EHS. You make us proud.

Yeah, of course you are going to completely ignore the fact that FRA won. What about congratulations to Coach Floyd?

2000-1st

2001-1st

2002-1st

2003-1st

2004-2nd

2005-1st

I guess that isn't good enough to warrent a congragulations though.

NEWSFLASH: E-Town LOST!

No doubt both FRA and E-town have good programs. Let's see what the future has to hold.

sorry about being a sore winner.... i guess i was just still upset after reading the "will Elizabethton win state" post... see ya gues next year for another grueling race! hope that our rivalry can become less intence and more fun. CC is too pure a sport to screw it up with trash talk!

nice running and again, see ya next year :D

We should just get rid of all the divisions and have one meet. Whoever wins would be the undisputed champion of it all.

Maybe for fun but not for the actual championship race....because we all kno that the A-AA guys would get stomped.

As for Trent Dilfer no one no one ever was ragging on the FRA guys we all know that they have a great dynasty going on....but etown doesnt get this kind of thing very often and thats why they were commending us.

Maybe for fun but not for the actual championship race....because we all kno that the A-AA guys would get stomped.

As for Trent Dilfer no one no one ever was ragging on the FRA guys we all know that they have a great dynasty going on....but etown doesnt get this kind of thing very often and thats why they were commending us.

Think of it this way: how much faster would Jaynes have run if there had been someone else up front?

The integration of other divisions for the purity of the sport would be a good thing even if it meant fewer people getting state titles. The title would have a lot more meaning.

Think of it this way: how much faster would Jaynes have run if there had been someone else up front?

The integration of other divisions for the purity of the sport would be a good thing even if it meant fewer people getting state titles. The title would have a lot more meaning.

I dont think jj wouldve run much faster. i mean he had someone pushing him pretty much all but the last 800m. he might have been able 2 go 10 seconds faster at best

I dont think jj wouldve run much faster. i mean he had someone pushing him pretty much all but the last 800m. he might have been able 2 go 10 seconds faster at best

yeh im not rly sure of how much faster jaynes would have run w/ more competition it might be a lot but we'll never rly kno....but i still think that the A-AA schools would get killed by the rest because we (etown) raced the teams from AAA that came in 5th and 6th (Science Hill and Daniel Boone) and we beat daniel boone only once ....they beat us about 2-3 times and science hill beat us the only time we raced them.....so i think FRA and etown would have made a top 10 finish at best because you have to add all of the DII teams as well....so i think its probably better off the way things are right now.

I find this extremely hard to beleive, they way JJ ran is not the way he could run best, his best would be drafting, and distancing in the last 1200-800m i'm sorry JJ led the whole race, like PRE, cmon give the boy credit, he lost the lead for like 2 seconds....

yeh im not rly sure of how much faster jaynes would have run w/ more competition it might be a lot but we'll never rly kno....but i still think that the A-AA schools would get killed by the rest because we (etown) raced the teams from AAA that came in 5th and 6th (Science Hill and Daniel Boone) and we beat daniel boone only once ....they beat us about 2-3 times and science hill beat us the only time we raced them.....so i think FRA and etown would have made a top 10 finish at best because you have to add all of the DII teams as well....so i think its probably better off the way things are right now.

Actually, on the combined results that TennesseeRunner did, FRA would have gotten 4th, and E-Town would have gotten 12th.