Billy Bob

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Watch out Father Ryan??

I have seen JP2 play several times and this will be no contest...

I see Father Ryan taking home ALL 4 games......8 if you count JV.

Golden Tate can not even be compared with his skills in football, no where near as good.

First off Golden is not the whole team, a big part, yes, but not the whole team. Secondly, This rivalry will never contain a "no contest" sort of like duke and unc but on a smaller scale.

I will settle this. The leading scorer for Papa John is Alvin Ingles. He's a two sport athlete and just signed with MTSU (football). Golden does okay in basketball, but his little brother Wesley (freshman) may be a little better.

Golden is no doubt a football star and is highly sought after.

Golden is ok in basketball, he has an ability to get to the rim through traffic but can be out of control at times which is probably why he seldom starts. Still he is best pressure shooter on the team possibly as was evident in his OT buzzer beater to beat Ryan at Ryan. He's good but not the special type of basketball player that he is with football. Pope has a very good player in Alvin Ingle who put up 31 against BGA on Tuesday night. Also the team gets very good play usually from Timmy Galvin along with excellent play at point from Winder Buchannen. The team is pretty good this year having only two region losses to BA and a surprisingly good Ensworth team. They have beat Ryan once so far and swept BGA. They are slightly undersized but a good deal of senior leadership and determination has taken an undersized team very far this. Probably the second best team in DII middle this year they simply have found ways to win games.

Guest catfish-hunter

He was a priest, small in stature but has a lot of heart. Very righteous man, but he passed away a few months ago, it was all over the news. :thumb:

That was the FUNNIEST post I've ever read on here. I just fell out of my chair laughing so hard.

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='825932734' date='Feb 9 2006 - 09:23 PM']

Pope will be an academic school when Golden graduates.

hahaha....so ur just sayin golden is just at pope cause hes a good athlete...thats hilarious...he has very good grades..so if he woulda went to father ryan then they wouldnt of been an academic school...cause if he didnt go to pope he woulda prolly went to mba...then i guess mba wouldnt of been an academic school nethier...

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' post='825932734' date='Feb 9 2006 - 09:23 PM']

Oh pleaseeeeeeeee. I know you did not take it there. All the rejects that have come out of FR, and yes I know many. As previously stated, he would not be participating in athletics if he grades were not up to par. HATER.

Father Ryan[/url'> Wrestling' post='825932734' date='Feb 9 2006 - 09:23 PM']

Are you saying Pope isn't an academic school now? or are you saying that Golden is all JPII has because if thats what your saying, why did Timmy Galvin score more points in the basketball game last tuesday and Brian Sneed scored as many touchdowns as Father Ryan did in the football game.