UT

reddevilfever

I have heard this discussed since after year 1 of his NFL experience. It's what talk radio and internet message boards give you.

Cutcliffe nor Spurrier will be the head coach next year. Fulmer will still be in charge. Spurrier is well on his way to creating the monster at SC that the rest of the SEC has worried about for about. He's got a membership at Augusta and the best golf in the world all within an hour of his house. Spurrier ain't going nowhere.

Cutcliff is close to signing as O.C. according to the Tennessean.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That a baby Phil. Take the easy way out and rehire Cutcliff. You worked real hard on that one. Be careful though, history does repeat itself. Did you just rehire your replacement, Johnny?

1. He's a proven great OC.

2. He's a great QB coach, enough that Weis gave him a job at ND.

3. He knows the system.

Who, exactly, should Fulmer have hired instead?

You know another funny thing.....Fulmer had never lost to 3 teams since becoming Head coach of the vols.....South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky...2 of the 3 have beaten him and now can the third one beat him...... :thumb::ph34r:

I hope so then maybe the powers that be will sweep the slate clean. Fulmer needs to step down. But I hope they do it with a little better class than the way they did Johnny.

Fulmer has done his due and should be commended on his tenure at UT. But looks like the Vol nation wants a change. And if the change is not made now then 5 or so yrs. will have passed and we will be right back in this rut. 5 or 6 yrs with a new philosophy we could be back where UT football needs to be.. at the top.

1. He's a proven great OC.

2. He's a great QB coach, enough that Weis gave him a job at ND.

3. He knows the system.

Who, exactly, should Fulmer have hired instead?

EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SYSTEM!

I thought Phil said he was looking at a number of people, we were led to believe some were in the NFL, and some of the "canadates" seasons were'nt over yet. When exactly was Cutcliffs season over? November of 04'. He didn't talk to anyone else-who were they? Thus the "easy way out" comment. He has gotten fat and lazy. He put no effort into this, just recycle an ex- coach.

Yo milk.......I talked to a buddy of mine tonight and he is from Nashville and been going to UT games for about 30 years or so and he said The Tennessean reported in the paper today that Stephens was gonna be let go or fired along with Washington and that Slade was gonna retire and that "supposedly according to reports that Chavis and Trooper Taylor have not been getting along and that Taylor was either leaving or being let go at end of season. Have you heard anything about this? Supposedly this was reported from someone in the Morristown area. I am not making this up nor am I starting a rumor, this was supposedly in the paper today.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Ouch! If he's in the scrap business maybe 
    • That's a nice story but has little to nothing to do with what we're talking about. 
    • The winds of change are blowing in Hartsville.     Will be an interesting follow.    Would go back to the 90s and turn black the clock!
    • Did he promise you a coordinator job or something if he ever got a head coaching job? He resigned? He was at the top of the dugout last night calling plays. I wonder if those 30+ parents would let him give their kids a ride. by the way the board meeting was last night and it was not mentioned. must have been at the work session earlier this week which is not public. must be trying to keep it quiet.  Since you know so much, how much is Robbie Atwood willing to pay Adam Cothron?  Didn't you slander Eden earlier on here? You also didn't know he was a faculty coach again so how much do you really know? Some people outside this county baffle me with their need to slander others.    
    • He resigned smh, and have you ever heard of charged but not convicted. Some people in this county baffle me with their need to slander others. Have you asked any of the 30+ parents that signed a petition to get him reinstated at the board meeting this week how they feel about this? Just let it play out, at the end of the day the only people that will bring TC back are the ones that know what its about at its core.    People hate losing and they aren't used to it at TC. I for 1, and I'm sure others too, understand having a dip in talent and not being able to compete for a state title every year. But in the past, TC teams have outworked more talented teams, they didn't continuously lose the turnover battle, they didn't commit 8+ penalties in several games each season, and I believe several of the folks in town that want Blake out feel as if he is neglecting the history of the program. This is from a source that used to be extremely close to the program (not me lol), Blake gets out of school midday and the players show up and there is no practice plan or itinerary.  I also understand those that are on team Blake, when he has loads of talent, he wins. He does know football and he is a tremendous DC, and if the rumors are true then he will do great things. As for the board member issue, it is what it is, everyone that's true to the county know that and nothing has changed. I agree though that they should strive to make the facilities as good as we can. And as far as potential candidates, I agree there is very few options. West, Vetetoe (yes I know), and couple others that could have some interest. Whatever happens is massive for the program during a pivotal time before the next big wave of stars make their way through.