UT

reddevilfever

About 8-10 UT players showed ALOT of class when the game was over against Vanderbilt. Throwing their helmets and walking off the field? One player even threw his helmet then spit on either a reporter or a cameraman according to the radio talk show this morning. And earlier in the week ANOTHER UT player gets DISMISSED for god knows what violations. Talk about a LACK of INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!!!!! "IF" Fulmer was a disciplinarian he would make those players turn in their stuff and sit their butts at home when the TEAM travels to Kentucky this upcoming week. No wonder fans boo and wear paper bags over their heads or not show up to support them at Homecoming.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 8-10 UT players showed ALOT of class when the game was over against Vanderbilt. Throwing their helmets and walking off the field? One player even threw his helmet then spit on either a reporter or a cameraman according to the radio talk show this morning. And earlier in the week ANOTHER UT player gets DISMISSED for god knows what violations. Talk about a LACK of INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL!!!!! "IF" Fulmer was a disciplinarian he would make those players turn in their stuff and sit their butts at home when the TEAM travels to Kentucky this upcoming week. No wonder fans boo and wear paper bags over their heads or not show up to support them at Homecoming.

OK, I did check into this and you are correct, theses things did happen! Albert Toeina is the player that spit at a cameraman! I understand that frusteration can get the best of a player and him slam his helmet down, but to spit at anyone or leave you helmet laying on the field is uncalled for and I hope the appropriate action is taken!

Edited by gotmilk?

Slamming down a helmet, fine. I don't mind it. Leaving it in the endzone after the game, that's another matter.

I do have a severe problem with the cameraman. If Tolena did do that, his season should be over.

I put up with what happened in the offseason because, well, most (NOT ALL) of what happened happens everywhere and has gone on at UT for a while and to be honest a lot of it was what happens with college kids in general. It's just a bigger story when athletes do it beause, fair or unfair, they are held to a higher standard than the guys who light joints off the torchbearer. Unfortunately the media decided to make it a much bigger deal this year. Oh well. Never said it was right, I just grew to accept it.

I just got an email from a friend in Knoxville saying several will be suspended for Saturday's game as a result of the fallout.

I can handle losing. I don't like it, but I can handle it. Losing occasionally is needed. The other stuff is what gets me. Win or lose Saturday, Fulmer is officially on thin ice. The players better be on thin ice. To top it all off, another friend told me he saw "Coaches" Stephens and Adkins at a tailgate having a good time shortly after the game Saturday.

Here's where Fulmer better earn his keep. Winning and success breeds complacency, and that's fine. To an extent we're all guilty of letting what has happened at UT happen in our own lives to certain levels when we acheive success. The test comes when it all comes craching in on you. It's crashed in on Fulmer and the program. He better respond.

Slamming down a helmet, fine. I don't mind it. Leaving it in the endzone after the game, that's another matter.

I do have a severe problem with the cameraman. If Tolena did do that, his season should be over.

I put up with what happened in the offseason because, well, most (NOT ALL) of what happened happens everywhere and has gone on at UT for a while and to be honest a lot of it was what happens with college kids in general. It's just a bigger story when athletes do it beause, fair or unfair, they are held to a higher standard than the guys who light joints off the torchbearer. Unfortunately the media decided to make it a much bigger deal this year. Oh well. Never said it was right, I just grew to accept it.

I just got an email from a friend in Knoxville saying several will be suspended for Saturday's game as a result of the fallout.

I can handle losing. I don't like it, but I can handle it. Losing occasionally is needed. The other stuff is what gets me. Win or lose Saturday, Fulmer is officially on thin ice. The players better be on thin ice. To top it all off, another friend told me he saw "Coaches" Stephens and Adkins at a tailgate having a good time shortly after the game Saturday.

Here's where Fulmer better earn his keep. Winning and success breeds complacency, and that's fine. To an extent we're all guilty of letting what has happened at UT happen in our own lives to certain levels when we acheive success. The test comes when it all comes craching in on you. It's crashed in on Fulmer and the program. He better respond.

Good Post!

I hope those players are suspended! As for Stephens and Adkins, they may just know there days are numbered! I really think Fulmer is feeling the heat now and you can see the frusteration in his face and on his voice! I think we will find out what kind of character Fulmer has over the next 8-9 months! I think we will all be satisfied! :thumb:

Good Post!

I hope those players are suspended! As for Stephens and Adkins, they may just know there days are numbered! I really think Fulmer is feeling the heat now and you can see the frusteration in his face and on his voice! I think we will find out what kind of character Fulmer has over the next 8-9 months! I think we will all be satisfied! :thumb:

:lol: ......Tennessee fans satisfied?........That'll never happen....... :lol:

AWESOME post Sol

Good Post!

WE already know what kind of character he has from the last 8 seasons or so.

This is a program that is out of control of the coaches. period.

Crazy as it may seem, I have heard several people talk about this!

I have heard this discussed since after year 1 of his NFL experience. It's what talk radio and internet message boards give you.

Cutcliffe nor Spurrier will be the head coach next year. Fulmer will still be in charge. Spurrier is well on his way to creating the monster at SC that the rest of the SEC has worried about for about. He's got a membership at Augusta and the best golf in the world all within an hour of his house. Spurrier ain't going nowhere.