South Rebels Basketball

TennGambler

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco is right. As of late upper East TN basketball has not been at the same level of those Science Hill championship teams. Those Science Hill teams were the last to compete at that level in AAA. Well represented Volman? hardly at all. Besides Unaka, it has been a long time since anybody has gotten very far in basketball. As I said those Science Hill teams have not been matched in a long time.

What about Tennessee High just last year?!!!! If I’m not mistaken they made it to the quarter finals (top 8 teams in the state) and only lost by 12 points (35-47) to a very strong Siegel team (out of Murfreesboro) that only loss to the reigning AAA Tennessee State Champions (Ridgeway Roadrunners) by 6 point!!!!!!! Ridgeway blew Jackson North Side (out of Memphis) out of the gym by 22 point in the championship game … and it could have been worse.

Doesn’t sound like we are too fare off the mark to me.

Volman; quote me where I said that upper East TN was not represented well. I never said that at all. DB, TN High, Science Hill have all been there in the past years and had strong teams. South might very well represent NE TN this year.

What I am saying is: It will take a team of those mid 90's Science Hill caliber to win State in basketball. Now DB ran into White Station 1st round both times and White Station won state champs both times. White Station beat people with ease to win the championship those years years. I think if DB had drawn another team, they probably could have won another game against another opponent. But remember, every year there is a team like White Station and it will take a team the caliber of the mid 90's Science Hill teams to beat those White Stations.

Another note about White Station to consider: White Station can have any student in Memphis schools transfer in there. There are no restrictions. So basically all of the best talent can easily collect at White Station, you want to a setup like this anywhere else around the state. White Staion is also one of the best academic public schools in Memphis so that is another draw. Memphis IS the hot bed for basketball talent in the South and a school like White Station has the dream setup of neverending talent lined up wanting to play there. Now that is a big reason why you will see White Station over and over again in the state tournament.

Edited by bud

Those Science Hill teams were tough. But I watched all of the rest of the teams and I still believe we just happened to get the worst draw of anyone there. Bolivar could beat anyone in the state tournament and they are probably one of the best teams in the nation. Give us any other team and might have been in the second round.

Central has a chance to finally prove themselves this year. But until then … I WISH YOU GUYS WOULD GIVE IT A REST!!!!! As of right now Central is not on the map with the other schools mentioned in this post, and no matter how many threads you start or how much you try to pump yourselves up by littering coacht with your insane commentary, your still the new kid on the block and you will find your seat at the back of the bus. You will see that the BIG 9 conference is still as it was when your school decided to step down to AA several years ago so that you could finally win some games.

As for your last years so called State appearance … I believe the score was something like 52-16 at HALFTIME…. ENOUGH SAID!!!!

For the Central fans that know they have a good team and are anxiously waiting to prove that you belong in the Big 9 conference ON THE COURT … I apologies for loosen it.

But for the rest … enough is enough!!!!