go back to private schools

xcmiler20

these r ppl ive nvr raced in track there juha...u better check ur stats cause the only one i raced was smalling in the mile....man, who won that race. thats right....JJ. he beat me in CC but track is a whole different thing.

you dont have to race rob sorrell for me to say that his is simply better than you, i didnt know that you beat smalling once, but i stand by my claim that he is a better runner than you, just like xcmiler was saying you're the best runner in a/aa, even if gj beats you i still think you're the better runner, same thing with rommel last year;

again you dont have to race head to head for me to say that they are better than you, they have all put up some impressive marks over the past year; if you put up some equally impressive marks i will be the first to congratulate you; but they are 10th-12th at FL, with the others being the 1 and 2 returners; you won a/aa (but as you always claim, there wasnt anyone to push you)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're the best runner in a/aa, even if gj beats you i still think you're the better runner

That is very not true. GJ is a god at the 400 and 800. Jaynes is a good runner, i know this and i recognize that. But GJ is the best single event runner TN has this year. He is one of the 5 best 800 runners in the country. He will burn Jaynes unless he gets hurt, which i really hope doesn't happen.

That is very not true. GJ is a god at the 400 and 800. Jaynes is a good runner, i know this and i recognize that. But GJ is the best single event runner TN has this year. He is one of the 5 best 800 runners in the country. He will burn Jaynes unless he gets hurt, which i really hope doesn't happen.

The reason GJ is not a better runner is that he is very hit or miss and that he has not shown much else besides a remarkable 800m run last april, I know he was hurt but that is the ONLY mark that he has run that is national class and I believe the only one that was sub 1:52.

GJ is not a god at the 400 either, could he do the double? doubtful, but even more doubtful that he will even give it a go. Show me a sub 50 4x4 split after the 1:52 then he is a god. But there have been to many guys lately that have run better 400-800 doubles than GJ to label him a god. I still put guys who have run much, much slower than GJ ahead of him for the ability to really show they are the best when it counts, Chuili, Bach, Bumbalough, Hodge, and Kelvin Hill as a whole has been more impressive that GJ. Is he good? Yes, exceptional but he has Never, ever shown that spark that the above guys had that when it was time to put it down on people they could do it to whoever-whenever.

and for the record, get your facts straight-gj is the #9 returning 800m

http://dyestat.com/3rank/5out/dse-final-aug10-boys.htm

which is the same rank as sorrell in the 1600 so i wouldnt call him the best single event runner in TN either

Edited by JuhaVäätäinen

To even make it on a national list like that is an unbelievable acheivement. GJ still has one more track season to "spark" so I think any more talk would be in vain and all we can do from here is watch.

What I find more interesting, however, is the beginnings of talk about cross country next year, particularly top A-AA individuals.

Completely understand the individual picks. Perkins, Patterson, and Blitton will make a great race at District, Metro, Region, and state. Patterson will start slow, and kick it in like always. He always does that, and actually passed Wolfe and Perkins at Region in the last 200 meters and beat them by 5 seconds. Almost caught Blitton and would have if he had 30 more meters. Blitton is a very good runner. Just had a bad race at state. Is my pick next year for individual winner. Perkins is another very quality runner. Him and Blitton are much better overall runners than Patterson, but Patterson's kick is sick and that's why he is a good runner because his speed is just better than everyone else's. Those three should battle every race next year. My picks going Blitton, Patterson, then Perkins. And then Brummit somewhere behind them. Also another runner from an a/aa middle region school that will be good next year, but i won't say who it is. He will be a sleeper and really stepped up at state this year.

Or maybe it would be better read:

Completely understand the individual picks. Perkins, me, and Blitton will make a great race at District, Metro, Region, and state. I will start slow, and kick it in like always. I always do that, and actually passed Wolfe and Perkins at Region in the last 200 meters and beat them by 5 seconds. Almost caught Blitton and would have if he had 30 more meters. Blitton is a very good runner. Just had a bad race at state. Is my pick next year for individual winner. Perkins is another very quality runner. Him and Blitton are much better overall runners than me, but my kick is sick and that's why I am a good runner because my speed is just better than everyone else's. Those three should battle every race next year. My picks going Blitton, Patterson, then Perkins. And then Brummit somewhere behind us. Also another runner from an a/aa middle region school that will be good next year, but i won't say who it is. He will be a sleeper and really stepped up at state this year.

"My picks going Blitton, Patterson, then Perkins." Only 2nd overall? Well, at least he's a little reserved.

Decathletes are really good. Souder was an incredible athlete. Mike Ayers from Ravenwood won state as a sophmore last year and is also very good.

Oh and Im still waiting for answer to my last question

"i have another question that ive been meaning to ask What the crap is the meaning of this thread. "Go back to private schools." Who is the subject and why should we go back....i dont get it??????"

Edited by stealthccrunner3200

ok i think yall r all retarded cuz the best track athlete in tn is clearly ben davies no questions asked. he will probly score 50 points at state. i also think he is the best single event athlete in our state with his incredible performances in the decathlon

I never said that GJ was a better athlete than Ben Davies. I do think that Davies is the best athlete in the state, he is unbelievable.

Or maybe it would be better read:

"My picks going Blitton, Patterson, then Perkins." Only 2nd overall? Well, at least he's a little reserved.

Yeah, ok. You caught me. I was a little upset when i wrote this and kind of overexagerated a little bit. I definitely wouldn't mind second, but the more i think about it, the more i think it won't happen. I did beat Perkins 3 times last year, and i think i will be able to beat him next year too. But there are always random runners who come out of nowhere and Blitton is also really good. I gloated, i bragged, and opened my mouth too much. Also, Brummit did beat me this year at state, so he could very easily beat me next year too.

Just one thing, how did you quote my original and edited posts? I edited it like 10 seconds after i originally posted it.