go back to private schools

xcmiler20

Sometimes it's difficult to understand what posters are trying to say because we all have to type instead of talk to each other so I'm just guessing. To answer your question, Stealthrunner, I think the thread starter wants private schools to leave their division because that person is still convinced for some reason that Middle Tennessee private schools give athletic scholarships. This is not even possible because most private secondary schools don't even have the budget to finance scholarships (look at all the building projects in progress on middle TN campuses, they don't have another dollar to spend). It is also against the rules of the TSSAA. Secondly, this is the south, football is much more important than cross country. If allowed, division I high schools would almost certainly use up all their scholarship money on recruiting football players. Finally, one unique thing about FRA you might find interesting is that it's a prekindergarten through twelfth grade school. This year, 5 out of FRA's top 7 have been going to FRA for 10 years or longer. Even the legendary Austin Weaver was in our 12 year club. To sum up, it's not even possible to make private schools look like they recruit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ok. You caught me. I was a little upset when i wrote this and kind of overexagerated a little bit. I definitely wouldn't mind second, but the more i think about it, the more i think it won't happen. I did beat Perkins 3 times last year, and i think i will be able to beat him next year too. But there are always random runners who come out of nowhere and Blitton is also really good. I gloated, i bragged, and opened my mouth too much. Also, Brummit did beat me this year at state, so he could very easily beat me next year too.

Just one thing, how did you quote my original and edited posts? I edited it like 10 seconds after i originally posted it.

How did Gern quote it if he started his membership....today???

these r ppl ive nvr raced in track there juha...u better check ur stats cause the only one i raced was smalling in the mile....man, who won that race. thats right....JJ. he beat me in CC but track is a whole different thing.

Jaynes: Let your running do the talking, and don't brag about how you are going to beat people badly, whether in your division or not. If you do the training, just go out there with respect and show everyone what you can do. It's that simple.

Also, my mile will be much improved since I was iron deficient these past 2 seasons (thus the debacle the last month of track in workouts and short races plus the fast freshman mile but not much improvement the past 2 years). My speed is much better now than before, but of course the mile will not be my focus. You may beat me and I wish you the best. Just go out there and run the races, though. We'll all applaud your efforts, but most of these guys won't like you saying that you are going to whip them.

On another note, I am still not able to run with the foot injury, but my plan is to hopefully get up to 90-100 miles a week as soon as possible in preparation for the US Junior 8k race in February (getting top 6 and qualifying this year may be out of the cards as Bumbalough, Macnamara, Bethke, Acosta, etc. will all be there, but there's always next year!). I love the 8k and 10k so much, as my whole family (myself included) has no footspeed. I'll run big, out-of-town meets for the two-mile, and I'll look forward to Jaynes helping me get faster in the mile in local meets. I probably still will never be able to break 2:05 in the 800, but that's okay. All those guys mentioned, though, have a chance to go below 9:15 in the deuce, and some I know are shooting for sub-9 and elite times nationally. TN is on the rise, and I hope JJ will be able to help the state rise even higher in the mid-distance. Heck, the whole country seems to be on the rise as guys aren't afraid to do what worked so well in the 60's and 70's--over 100 miles a week and running fast (although Nelson and his 140 miles a week and Lindgren's 200+ is just crazy). Well, it's bed time. Good luck to all in winter training!

there is the delete button seminoles... or even the edit button... *gasp!!*

Oh My God!!! Really? There is a delete and an edit button? Man, how come no one told me? That might be one of the defining moments of my life with that new information.

Of course i knew you idiot. I said in my post that i edited it, did you see that part? And i wanted to post it, so why would i delete it?