VOLS ANNOUNCE OFFENSIVE STAFF CHANGES

Sequatchie

Tennessee's Defense will bring it every year, game in and game out so the Restof the SEC better wake up! Our offense can only get better and with one of the greatest offensive minds in college football back in K-TOwn, everyone better pay attention! I guarantee you that Spurrier knows he needs to find some offense in a hurry! Remember those years Spurrier beat Tennessee when Cut was there? It wasn't 15-13!!!! :thumb::lol::lol:

The SEC knows that Tennessee will not fade, especially with Coach Cut calling the plays in K-Town!!!

Edited by gotmilk?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOLS NAME GREG ADKINS OFFENSIVE LINE COACH

Adkins Takes Full Control Of Offensive Line

Nov. 30, 2005

University of Tennessee head football coach Phillip Fulmer announced that Greg Adkins has been named offensive line coach.

Adkins, who serves as the director of recruiting, assumes full control of the line after working with UT's tight ends and assisting with the offensive line for the past three seasons.

"I'm pleased to have Greg take on the duties as the offensive line coach," said Fulmer. "He brings lots of energy and intensity to the position and has a great overall knowledge of offensive strategy. He's an excellent coach and will fit well in Coach Cutcliffe's plans."

The 37-year-old Adkins joined the UT staff in 2003, after coaching stints at Troy University, Georgia and Marshall. He is a graduate of Marshall, where he played football from 1989 to 1989.

The Vols still have two assistant coaching positions left to fill.

VOLS NAME GREG ADKINS OFFENSIVE LINE COACH

Adkins Takes Full Control Of Offensive Line

Nov. 30, 2005

University of Tennessee head football coach Phillip Fulmer announced that Greg Adkins has been named offensive line coach.

Adkins, who serves as the director of recruiting, assumes full control of the line after working with UT's tight ends and assisting with the offensive line for the past three seasons.

"I'm pleased to have Greg take on the duties as the offensive line coach," said Fulmer. "He brings lots of energy and intensity to the position and has a great overall knowledge of offensive strategy. He's an excellent coach and will fit well in Coach Cutcliffe's plans."

The 37-year-old Adkins joined the UT staff in 2003, after coaching stints at Troy University, Georgia and Marshall. He is a graduate of Marshall, where he played football from 1989 to 1989.

The Vols still have two assistant coaching positions left to fill.

Interesting move. Is this a signal Fulmer is going to work more with the O-line? Are we picking up an tight ends coach or going to use that position to pick up, dare I say, a special teams coach?

All right, apparently I need to look at other sites before I come here in the morning. ;)

Luke will join Vols from Ole Miss staff

By CHRIS LOW

Staff Writer

Tennessee's offensive staff under new coordinator David Cutcliffe is beginning to take shape.

The Vols officially announced Greg Adkins as the offensive line coach yesterday. Adkins has coached the tight ends and assisted with the offensive line for the last three years, while also serving as the recruiting coordinator.

Taking over for Adkins will be Matt Luke, who coached the tight ends at Mississippi the last four years, the first three under Cutcliffe. Luke was also the Rebels' recruiting coordinator this past season.

The Vols are expected to announce Luke's hiring in the next few days.

"I'm pleased to have Greg take on the duties as the offensive line coach," Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer said.

"He brings lots of energy and intensity to the position and has a great overall knowledge of offensive strategy. He's an excellent coach and will fit well in Coach Cutcliffe's plans."

Fulmer is in the process of restructuring his offensive staff after recently firing offensive line coach Jimmy Ray Stephens and receivers coach Pat Washington.

Adkins, 37, joined the Tennessee staff in 2003, after coaching stints at Troy, Georgia and Marshall. He was an offensive lineman at Marshall from 1986 to 1989.

Luke was hired full time for the Ole Miss staff in 2002 after working as a student assistant for the Rebels in 1999. After Cutcliffe was fired following the 2004 season, Luke was the only holdover from that staff retained by Ed Orgeron.

Luke was a center at Ole Miss from 1995-98 and captained the 1998 team. As a student assistant in 1999, he worked with the centers and guards.

Before joining the Ole Miss staff, Luke was the offensive line coach for two years at Murray State.

The hiring of Luke means the Vols are now a receivers coach away from completing their staff. One scenario being considered is moving Trooper Taylor from running backs to receivers coach.

Another name on the Vols' list is Ron Middleton, a tight ends/assistant special teams coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Middleton worked under Cutcliffe at Ole Miss and coached running backs and special teams. •

Also, rumor has it Trooper is looking at other opprotunities.

• 2 weeks later...