Next Season Starts in Feb.

The General

The season is going to start again very soon. Is that too soon. I love NASCAR and I Love watching it. But they always talk about how people lose interest toward the end of the season, yet they season is so long. Anyone think the season should be shorter?

What about the Race To the Chase? Anyone have thoughts on it after its second year?

Guest catfish-hunter

Yeah the race was about as exciting as watching paint dry this year. Every week it was the same 'ole stuff. Tony Stewart & Jimmie Johnson!!!! Every now and then whenever they won a race you'd hear about Carl Edwards or Greg Biffle but other than those four guys there may as well have been 39 tire carriers out there driving because NBC's great broadcast team, I'm being SARCASTIC, would never have known the difference.

Next Year?????

With Tony Jr. back at the helm I believe Earnhardt Jr. will make a serious push at a championsip like he did in 2004. He'll be the driver to beat at Daytona in February, BANK ON IT!!!! Jeff Gordon showed signs towards the end of the year and next year I think he'll be back in the title picture. Finishing 2nd for two straight years makes Jimmie Johnson next year's preseason favorite to win a Cup Championship. Tony Stewart will be there oonce again next year because he is a great driver. As much as I don't like the guy Kurt Busch should have a great year getting a fresh start away from Rousch. Speaking of Rousch, look for Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth to be right back in the chase next year. After a great rookie year this year was a total disappointment for Kasey Kahne. Look for him to rebound now that the pressure is off of him to win every week and I think he'll suprise folks next year. Kevin Harvick is another name that needs to be mentioned. He is too good of a driver on too good of a team to be performing so badly. I think he comes back strong in 2006. The famous NO. 43 may be back in the winner's circle next year. Bobby Labonte is behind the wheel and Todd Parrott is the crew chief. That's a pretty darn good combination if you ask me <_<

That's my Top Ten for 2006 :lol:

Edited by catfish-hunter