Memphis Grizzlies

The Memphis Grizzlies are off to the best start in franchise history. They are currently 9-5 and play Toronto tonight in what SHOULD be their 10th win of the season. I really think the trading and losses of Jason Williams, James Posey, Stromile Swift, Bonzi Wells, and Earl Watson have helped this team. I think it is one of those addition by subtraction type deals. Then replacing them with playoff proven veterans such as Damon Stoudemire, Bobby Jackkson and Eddie Jones have been detrimental to this years success thus far.

I think once again the Grizz are one of the deepest and underated teams in the league. The starting 5 of Stoudemire, Battier, Jones, Gasol and Wright has really gelled quicker than anyone expected. Battier has really uped his play this year. He has cracked 20 several times and is in the top 5 in the NBA in FG%. He truly sacrifices his body for the team everynight. Gasol is looking better than ever, he put up 36 and snagged 15 their last game the other night against the Mavs and I think might make his first All-Star appearance. Eddie Jones is close to the top in the 3 point shooting and is looking rejuvanted this year in Memphis and has increased his offensive production not playing behind Shaq and D Wade (Flash) anymore in Miami. Im still not big on Lorenzen Wright but he rebounds well and defends pretty well considering he lacks size for an NBA center. Now having guys like Mike Miller and Bobby Jackson, two guys that could start most places and either could win 6th man award coming off the bench is a huge advantage. Then the 2 rookies are going to be really good. Lawrence Roberts can rebound with the best of them and looks fearless out on the court. Jerry West did a great job by trading for him and is really getting his money's worth from a late second round pick (SEC player of the year last year). They are being patient with Hakim Warrick but I think by the end of the year and years to come he will be an impact player. He is an explosive player with potential game breaking talent. And remember Brian Cardinal has yet to play a game this season so his return will be welcomed and should make the team even better. Look out for the GRIZZ.

Man the GRIZZ sure did make ME look GOOD last night. They came out with Mike Miller and Brian Cardinal and pounded the Toronto Raptors to move to 10-5 on the season with a 92-66 victory. Yes I know Toronto is 1-15 but hey good teams kill bad teams. As Eddie Jones said, this team has too much veteran leadership to overlook any team. And the Dinosaurs only win the season has come against one of the NBA's best......... the Miami Heat.