why low turnout for trousdale county football?

wow1029

i know the school is small but with it's rich tradition why does trousdale county always have such a low turnout in football? i've seen the guys in the band they could play not to take from the band but 35 would be a good number for tchs.everyone on tchs could start about anywhere

1. Yes the school is small

2. I would imagine that you have to a tough kid to make it through a season as they apparently work their tails off, (good thing).

3. Most of the clones from the abandoned nuclear plant don't make it out into the world due to having 6-7 fingers on each hand and 3-4 eyes, but the one's that do are good.

1. Yes the school is small

2. I would imagine that you have to a tough kid to make it through a season as they apparently work their tails off, (good thing).

3. Most of the clones from the abandoned nuclear plant don't make it out into the world due to having 6-7 fingers on each hand and 3-4 eyes, but the one's that do are good.

clints a mad man when it comes to conditioning, thats been one of our intangibles for years, the running alone scares away a lot of people, also, it's clints way are the highway, that can be avery good thing at times, and it can be very, very, stupid thing at times, and yeah i could't play my soph year until i had 3 toes cut off, it dropped my forty by, 0.16, but i still had 6 toes on each foot, i had great balance though :thumb::D

clints a mad man when it comes to conditioning, thats been one of our intangibles for years, the running alone scares away a lot of people, also, it's clints way are the highway, that can be avery good thing at times, and it can be very, very, stupid thing at times, and yeah i could't play my soph year until i had 3 toes cut off, it dropped my forty by, 0.16, but i still had 6 toes on each foot, i had great balance though :thumb::D

ur rite snoball Coach Satt. is a very strict coach and he won't have kids who aren't willing to get out there and get with it ... with that said it doesn't do much for the team's numbers but that's probably the reason TC has been so successful over the years.It's pretty safe to say if you play football in Trousdale Co. then you know and love the game. If all his players are dedicated and willing to go through his conditioning then I'd say it's better to have those kids. But it would be nice for Trousdale to pick up a couple extra guys just so everyone will get off their backs bout runnin up the score....maybe with a third string people stop all the whining... but then again if they're still winning like they are people are still gonna hate. It also helps the team out when those extra toes are removed :lol:

ur rite snoball Coach Satt. is a very strict coach and he won't have kids who aren't willing to get out there and get with it ... with that said it doesn't do much for the team's numbers but that's probably the reason TC has been so successful over the years.It's pretty safe to say if you play football in Trousdale Co. then you know and love the game. If all his players are dedicated and willing to go through his conditioning then I'd say it's better to have those kids. But it would be nice for Trousdale to pick up a couple extra guys just so everyone will get off their backs bout runnin up the score....maybe with a third string people stop all the whining... but then again if they're still winning like they are people are still gonna hate. It also helps the team out when those extra toes are removed :thumb:

Every winter Coach Satt opens up the door to all who want to play. I say that will probably start when they start weights which, if I know him well, next monday. Yeah, they don't rest long in Hartsville. Anyway, there will be about 55 guys start in the winter. Gradually those numbers will decrease and there will be less than 40 in spring practice. When the summer comes Coach Clint cranks it up with many long hours. What is left by season is about 30 players. HOwever, these players are hard as rocks, tough, and better conditioned than anyone in the state. They often win games early in the year because they use the no huddle to gas their opponents. A small turnout for football numberwise is not seen as a bad thing by Coach Satt as long as you have about 11-13 guys who are tough and can go both ways. All you need is 11 good ones. TC looks at teams with 70 guys and think to themselves "their program can't be that hard."

i know the school is small but with it's rich tradition why does trousdale county always have such a low turnout in football? i've seen the guys in the band they could play not to take from the band but 35 would be a good number for tchs.everyone on tchs could start about anywhere

Actually, I know for a fact that most years some of the band members are also members of the football team. I played on the team with two guys who marched in the band. Satt and the band directer Joins worked out some deal awhile back. Satt gets them Fridays and Joins gets them for some kind of competitions on Saturdays.

All you need is 11 good ones. TC looks at teams with 70 guys and think to themselves "their program can't be that hard."

I think in order for a coach to think like that takes years of experience. Most coaches that have small numbers on their team usually are intimidated of teams w/ 50-60 guys. Thats why its a rare thing for a team like TC with only 28-30 players to not only win the state , but beat some team 52-16 in the state championship.

Good coaching along w/ talent made them win the state championship. When we played them, during the game I was thinking this is the best coached group Ive ever played against, because they did everything right, even the little things. As long as those coaches are there the program at TC will be successful, and I can see them being a dominant force in 1a until they leave.

I played for 6 yrs under Clint (two of those were Jr. High before any jokes start :thumb: ) and YES it is a gruling program to stick with. I have never know for Clint to have a "try-out" session persay most of our players either a.) come over from the jr. high program, or b.) walk-on. I guess you could say that if you can hang you can stay. Coach always said that he was only looking for a few good men, like the Marines he will break you down mentaly, and physicaly and bring you back up better than before. Not to start on cliche' s but when you start Satterfields program as a freshman, you might be a wad of cookie dough, but by the time you are a senior, you are like you were carved out of bodock, and just as tough. So true not just anyone can go through Trousdale's program, it takes a special kind of person, one with detication, and who is mentaly and physicaly tough, and thats just to be dressed out on Friday night, starting takes much more than that. I have spoke with former players who have or are in the millitary, and they say that if you can make it through Clint's football program, then boot camp is a cake-walk.

I played for 6 yrs under Clint (two of those were Jr. High before any jokes start ;) ) and YES it is a gruling program to stick with. I have never know for Clint to have a "try-out" session persay most of our players either a.) come over from the jr. high program, or b.) walk-on. I guess you could say that if you can hang you can stay. Coach always said that he was only looking for a few good men, like the Marines he will break you down mentaly, and physicaly and bring you back up better than before. Not to start on cliche' s but when you start Satterfields program as a freshman, you might be a wad of cookie dough, but by the time you are a senior, you are like you were carved out of bodock, and just as tough. So true not just anyone can go through Trousdale's program, it takes a special kind of person, one with detication, and who is mentaly and physicaly tough, and thats just to be dressed out on Friday night, starting takes much more than that. I have spoke with former players who have or are in the millitary, and they say that if you can make it through Clint's football program, then boot camp is a cake-walk.

:) You nailed it right on the head! most of these guys start out early, jr. hi,etc.,

and have it pounded in their head & body day after day. I have never had the distinction to play for Clint & the Jackets, but have watched practice on a regular

basis for yrs., and it is very tough, and some don't make it. If someone walks off,

they don't get begged to come back. Our enrollment doesn't support having 60 -

70 players with that kind of dedication, and toughness.

I remember when # 24 was a freshmen, and now, also #6 freshmen & now. Major

difference! But they didn't quit, and gave their all +.

Also, I think most guys want to be a part of that tradition, and part of that tradition, is being conditioned better than most.

Also, it doesn't matter who you are.I've seen Clint run Wes's butt ragged several

times. LOL :P

WAY TO GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!