Best Coach in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

13 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

So there can’t be any good coaches since the split?

What are the qualifications of a good coach?

A lot of the schools inherit very good kids once they get into HS.  

Good coaches build dominate programs from top to bottom and keep that success over long periods of time. 

Anyone involved in wrestling at the younger ages know which programs build programs, and which inherit them.

Not to disagree with what you are saying but a dominant program may be built by doing one or a combination of the things below:

1.  Build from within by working with the youth and middle school

2.  Recruit and bring in kids that are very successful when they arrive on campus

Both of these things happen at both the public and private schools in Tennessee

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The future and actually present of Nolensville HS Ain't looking bad. Keep an eye on Persistently Peaking Peck. No pressure Josh!!

A great coach will develop their feeders and surrounding themselves with the best of the best. Bradley county and Chattanooga schools have consistently done this. And like Beech's Jeff Roberts will work year around to develop at all levels and see some of their best talent plucked off. Cbg, we know it happens all the time all over in all divisions.

Kudos to those, yes, including the great one at PF and Hixson for doing these things!!

Also off the top of my head, very impressed with other small schools,,, Forrest, Greenville, Greenbrier, and Fairview of late. Whitwell and Signal MTN as well.

Active HC's??...

Pat Simpson, The Master of year end Peaking for 40 years!!

(Note: I like the family influence throughout the state like MBA and Arlington... Love it actually!!)

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I assume with the hiring situation they are in, and pretty much everyone is in for that matter, he will call the defense. I think he brought someone in to do the offense. I have heard that it is a Skelton crew over there at the moment. It's just so difficult to hire coaches for anyone really. I hope he can get some guys in there. 
    • Rutherford County Spring Practice/Scrimmage Dates Blackman: April 30-May 17. Scrimmage: May 17 vs. Beech, 6:30 La Vergne: April 1-18. Intrasquad scrimmage on April 18, 5 pm Oakland: April 22-May 11. Scrimmage: May 11 vs. Knoxville Catholic, at Tennessee Tech, 11 am Riverdale: April 22-May 9. Scrimmage: May 9 vs. Hendersonville, 6 p.m., site TBD Rockvale: May 1-17. Scrimmage: May 17 at Wilson Central, 6 pm Siegel: April 9-May 16. Scrimmage: May 16 vs. Brentwood, time TBA Stewarts Creek: April 29-May 16. Scrimmage: May 16 vs. Independence, 6 pm Smyrna: Completed (March 1-20)   These are per the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal. 
    • Finally he has returned. Maybe he can tell us if it was one of the new players Keith brought in
    • I heard it was a Loudon County school. I don't think LC will be hurting. They are about to build an indoor facility that will put Clinton's to shame
    • the news story said that the contract between the operator of the school and the school board was expiring and was not going to be renewed.  The news story also reported that the students would be going to Trezevant as that is the closest Shelby county school.