Best Coach in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Put an asterisk by victories after 1997 as in *Post split. There is a huge difference in the quality of both team and individual championships when the competition has been severly diluted.

All of Connell's championships were before the split, I believe. I went back and double checked, and saw where GC has a total of "13" ...with duals, indiv. + the one at Hixson in 1973, which creates a tie with Logsdon.

Edited by Sommers

All of Connell's championships were before the split, I believe. I went back and double checked, and saw where GC has a total of "13" ...with duals, indiv. + the one at Hixson in 1973, which creates a tie with Logsdon.

Thankyou for noticing except 2003 is post split. Logsdon should be one of the best in anyone's book but the split muddies the water and provides plenty of posting opportunities, conjecture and controversy.

Thankyou for noticing except 2003 is post split. Logsdon should be one of the best in anyone's book but the split muddies the water and provides plenty of posting opportunities, conjecture and controversy.

I agree that Steve has to be. One of our Grandfathers of wrestling (Delawar?) makes it clear that in the early 70's to score 50 points and have 90 wrestlers to compete was common place; while Steve had to go up against four times as many and end up scoring over 250 points.

My goodness our sport has grown in TN and another split to accommodate this growth may be needed now. :thumb:

All before the split nine years ago. If it's diluted now why have there been none since?

Edited by mtnrasslin