UT-Martin

center68

Today out of no where UT-martin's head coach Matt Griffin resigned and accepted the job at Murray State. After guiding the Skyhawks to their first winning season since 93 and took the job at a program that just finished last in the conference, and not only did he leave he took the entire coaching staff with him. He preached all year on character and what not and then he leaves for no significant reason to take the rivals job. He may have been offered more money I don't know but its pretty shady to leave and not tell anyone the AD didn't even know until this morning. So if anyone is thinking about playing for Murray St. think twice because you could just get left one year for no reason.

I guess character has a price.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today out of no where UT-martin's head coach Matt Griffin resigned and accepted the job at Murray State. After guiding the Skyhawks to their first winning season since 93 and took the job at a program that just finished last in the conference, and not only did he leave he took the entire coaching staff with him. He preached all year on character and what not and then he leaves for no significant reason to take the rivals job. He may have been offered more money I don't know but its pretty shady to leave and not tell anyone the AD didn't even know until this morning. So if anyone is thinking about playing for Murray St. think twice because you could just get left one year for no reason.

This should be moved from the high school forum to the college forum.

You don't know what you are talking about.......so please don't post things like this. The fact is the AD knew what was going on and sat on his dead %*@ and did nothing. That is why UTM will always be the worst athletic program in the OVC and the NCAA for that matter. Don't criticize someone's character until you know all of the facts.......

Guest catfish-hunter

Wow, now there's a name I've not heard in a long time! :thumb:

I don't know if it is North Alabama or West Alabama but that is where Coach McCorkle is currently coaching at these days. His son, Blaine, is coaching at Sewanee.

Only at UTM........the third best athletic program in Weakley County. :unsure:

It is a shame how true this statement is....Phil Dane, the AD at UT-Martin is an absolute idiot. He was brought on some time ago to get UTM out of financial difficulty. He is a money guy, and has no clue about who to go after, or who to keep for that matter. Just when you think things are on the rise, ole Phil lets one of the best things that has happened to UTM get away, and to Murray State, what a joke, and Phil is the joke.

Hey Phil, next time Tennessee Tech is in town, why don't you go throw batting practice to them again....then move your butt to Cookeville!!!! ;)

I can't wait to see this list of potential coaches....I vote for Randy Sanders!

Guest catfish-hunter

It is a shame how true this statement is....Phil Dane, the AD at UT-Martin is an absolute idiot. He was brought on some time ago to get UTM out of financial difficulty. He is a money guy, and has no clue about who to go after, or who to keep for that matter. Just when you think things are on the rise, ole Phil lets one of the best things that has happened to UTM get away, and to Murray State, what a joke, and Phil is the joke.

Hey Phil, next time Tennessee Tech is in town, why don't you go throw batting practice to them again....then move your butt to Cookeville!!!! :(

I can't wait to see this list of potential coaches....I vote for Randy Sanders!

Sam McCorkle is making a COMEBACK :blink:

Well as a student at UTM, I have to say I am disappointed that we let Coach Griffin get away. The football team is on the brink of being the top program in the OVC. We should of given him everything he wanted. UTM is at the bottom of the nation in facilities and pay, so why should we expect a great coach to stay. Don't blame Coach Griffin for leaving. I would do the same thing, we all knew this was a stepping stone for him. I do feel for the players here at UTM as they are left in limbo on what to do. I just hope they all decide to stay cause next year will be a great year for the Skyhawks if we keep everything intact. I think we will get some good candidates for the job as coaches will see the talent is here. The problem is UTM won't be willing to pay for the best candidate to come in.