The GQ era at MHS

Neil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the pleasure of coaching football against Coach GQ and listening to him speak. He is a very good person/coach in an ideal situation. He expects to win, his staff expects to win, the kids expect to win, and the community expects to win. That is what makes Maryville so dominant. No one expects to loose or wants to lose. It is not accepted. I have spoken to Coach GQ several times, and he has invited me to talk to him if I ever become a head coach. I would want to pattern my program after Maryville's, Lincoln County's, and Cleveland's. Congratulations on another great year MHS.

As far as MHS baseball goes, the program has not arrived YET, but there is alot of improving going on as well. The players that are on the field are no doubt better than the ones walking the hall. Farragut will be a little down this year, and MHS has a good chance to advance past the district tournament. Although South Doyle and Bearden will be tough. The MHS pitching has improved and they will have a chance to be in every game they play. I think people will be impressed by the way MHS plays this year.

As far as MHS baseball goes, the program has not arrived YET, but there is alot of improving going on as well. The players that are on the field are no doubt better than the ones walking the hall. Farragut will be a little down this year, and MHS has a good chance to advance past the district tournament. Although South Doyle and Bearden will be tough. The MHS pitching has improved and they will have a chance to be in every game they play. I think people will be impressed by the way MHS plays this year.

Agree the "Team has not yet arrived", but I think they won't this year.

There are a few players who should be there, no question but if you really think the school has the very best on the current team, your just wrong in my opinion.

My opinion, but many won't go out for the team for various reasons.

None the less good luck. Back to Football.

GQ Rules, period!

Agree the "Team has not yet arrived", but I think they won't this year.

There are a few players who should be there, no question but if you really think the school has the very best on the current team, your just wrong in my opinion.

My opinion, but many won't go out for the team for various reasons.

None the less good luck. Back to Football.

GQ Rules, period!

There strength is pitching. Unproven at the plate and time will tell. Hitting was bad last year and on top of errors you cannot win. I could expand on this subject but I'll leave it for a Baseball thread.