Mike Vick

This guy is by and far the most overrated player in the NFL and maybe in all of sports! He gets alot of credit because he can run real fast, but the man has yet to prove that he can throw the ball and be a consistent QB! I want to know what everyones opinion is on this guy? In 55 games he has only 49 TD passes and 36 Int's and has a less than average QB rating and Comp% for his career! Heres a list of a few QB's that have a better career QB rating and Comp% taht might surprise you!

Mark Brunell

Kelly Holcomb

Jeff Blake

Billy Volek

Jake Dehomme

Aaron Brooks

Todd Bouman

Brian Griese

Tim Rattay

Jamie Martin

Marc Bulger

I think it is time to quit put Vick in the same category as Favre, Manning, Brady, McNabb, Green, Palmer, Pennington, etc

Vick will never win a SB until he learns how to throw the ball!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick is a total enigma at QB. He clearly creates problems for defenses with his speed, has a cannon for an arm - but that's where it stops.

I don't think he reads defenses well, doesn't have the physical frame to absorb many hits, and judging from the Chicago game is not particularly mentally tough. He appeared to let the cold and the hits to take him, and thus the Falcons, out of the game. His accuracy is all over the board.

He needs to have the ball in his hands, but I think that Matt Shaub offers more "quarterback" potential than what Vick shows. If it weren't so darn un-PC, they should put him in the slot. There he could do end arounds, use his speed against safeties (he'd be uncoverable), option passes, the works.

But this being Atlanta, the firestorm would be huge.

Edited by fromthetop2

Yeah and Micheal Vick, only got elected to his 3rd Pro Bowl today. Yeah he is overated :thumb: . I guess the coaches and players don't know what they are talking about. Eli Manning led NFC QB's in fan voting and was left off over Vick. Without Vick was Atlanta's record two years ago? Not very good. He gives them and any team he plays on a chance to win. Also have you noticed that he doesn't have to be a great passer, cause he has an outstanding running game. Just get off his back.

Yeah and Micheal Vick, only got elected to his 3rd Pro Bowl today. Yeah he is overated :thumb: . I guess the coaches and players don't know what they are talking about. Eli Manning led NFC QB's in fan voting and was left off over Vick. Without Vick was Atlanta's record two years ago? Not very good. He gives them and any team he plays on a chance to win. Also have you noticed that he doesn't have to be a great passer, cause he has an outstanding running game. Just get off his back.

He will never win a SB unless he learns how to pass!!! I promise!!!! Vick got elected to the PB for 2 reason, 1 the NFC is very weak at the QB position this year and 2 his name got him the PB, in fact there are prolly two other QB's who deserved it over him, but they have flew under the radar this year!!!

Pick you Pro-Bowler!!!!

QB.1-87.0 rating 2797 yards passing 20 TD 8 Ints 58.9 comp%

QB.2-71.8 rating 2136 yards Passing 13 TD 12 Ints 54.3 comp%

QB.3-86.1 rating 3188 yards passing 21 TD 14 Ints 59.1 comp%

And had McNabb not gotten hurt, Vick wouldnt have a sniff at the ProBowl! McNabb was having a horrible season and still putting up better numbers than Vick!!!

BTW, QB.1-Mark Brunell QB.2-Mike Vick QB.3 Drew Bledsoe

Vick does have 534 yards rushing, but that just about 400 more than Brunell! Face Vick was the only QB to elect! I mean you think they would send Harrington, Simms, Johnson, Warner, Smith, Orton, Fitzgerald, etc?????

Brunell or Bledsoe would have been a much better choice!!!

He will never win a SB unless he learns how to pass!!! I promise!!!! Vick got elected to the PB for 2 reason, 1 the NFC is very weak at the QB position this year and 2 his name got him the PB, in fact there are prolly two other QB's who deserved it over him, but they have flew under the radar this year!!!

Pick you Pro-Bowler!!!!

QB.1-87.0 rating 2797 yards passing 20 TD 8 Ints 58.9 comp%

QB.2-71.8 rating 2136 yards Passing 13 TD 12 Ints 54.3 comp%

QB.3-86.1 rating 3188 yards passing 21 TD 14 Ints 59.1 comp%

And had McNabb not gotten hurt, Vick wouldnt have a sniff at the ProBowl! McNabb was having a horrible season and still putting up better numbers than Vick!!!

BTW, QB.1-Mark Brunell QB.2-Mike Vick QB.3 Drew Bledsoe

Vick does have 534 yards rushing, but that just about 400 more than Brunell! Face Vick was the only QB to elect! I mean you think they would send Harrington, Simms, Johnson, Warner, Smith, Orton, Fitzgerald, etc?????

Brunell or Bledsoe would have been a much better choice!!!

You don't like Vick to much do ya??