Mike Vick

You need to understand, the NFL is a whole new ball game, its not college anymore! You look what

Spurrier QBs did in college compared to the NFL, big difference!

Matt Schaub as a starting QB:

64/118 794 yds 57% comp 5 TD 4 int 79.1 QB rating

Take away one bad game as a rookie and his rating as a starting QB is a blistering 93.7

I am not saying Schaub is a definate answer but he gives them a better shot that Vick does! Vick is not the answer!

u cant take that one bad game away.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to understand, the NFL is a whole new ball game, its not college anymore! You look what

Spurrier QBs did in college compared to the NFL, big difference!

Matt Schaub as a starting QB:

64/118 794 yds 57% comp 5 TD 4 int 79.1 QB rating

Take away one bad game as a rookie and his rating as a starting QB is a blistering 93.7

I am not saying Schaub is a definate answer but he gives them a better shot that Vick does! Vick is not the answer!

the thing is that if vick is passing (comp % wise) bad in a game they can still win because he might have 120 yds rushing and 2 tds.......if shaubs passing bad then thats all you got............a qb with a bad day thats stuck with that bad day

the thing is that if vick is passing (comp % wise) bad in a game they can still win because he might have 120 yds rushing and 2 tds.......if shaubs passing bad then thats all you got............a qb with a bad day thats stuck with that bad day

I will take it easy on you since you are a JR poster with just a little over 550 post!

Interest fact, Vick has only had one game in his career where he has rushed for 120+ yards and 2 TD and it took OT to win that game! And only 4 career game where he has rushed for 120+ yards!

But he does have 31 career game where his QB rating is under 70 and the Falcons are 11-20 in those games!

Something else interesting, Vick had his best year in 2004 when he did not rush for 2 TD in any game and his team went 11-5! Falcons were 1-3 when Vick QB rating was under 70

Vick is a great athlete, he just isnt a QB! The numbers show that you have to be able to throw and run the ball to win!

I will take it easy on you since you are a JR poster with just a little over 550 post!

Interest fact, Vick has only had one game in his career where he has rushed for 120+ yards and 2 TD and it took OT to win that game! And only 4 career game where he has rushed for 120+ yards!

But he does have 31 career game where his QB rating is under 70 and the Falcons are 11-20 in those games!

Something else interesting, Vick had his best year in 2004 when he did not rush for 2 TD in any game and his team went 11-5! Falcons were 1-3 when Vick QB rating was under 70

Vick is a great athlete, he just isnt a QB! The numbers show that you have to be able to throw and run the ball to win!

ok...........but just get someone to CATCH the ball......if anyone saw the games or at least the highlights they would know he hit enough passes to get them 3 more wins at least if Roddy Trash White and Michael Garbage Jenkins just caught a few more balls......not even all the passes just a few

I think the NFL markets Vick as their best athlete, and he is that. He just happens to be a a QB also, and not a very good one. But, when we start throwing around overrated QBs the list gets a lot longer than just Mike Vick. Theres David Carr, Eli Manning, and Jake Plummer for example.

I think Vick would be more successful if he dropped that "I'm a QB and thats the only position I'll play" attitude and was more open to change. Marcus Allen probably could have played any skill position on the offensive side of the ball, but he made his living at RB, maybe Vick needs to switch. The Falcons could have Matt Schaub and Vick in the backfield at the same time, that could could cause a lot of headaches for defensive coordinators.

I think the NFL markets Vick as their best athlete, and he is that. He just happens to be a a QB also, and not a very good one. But, when we start throwing around overrated QBs the list gets a lot longer than just Mike Vick. Theres David Carr, Eli Manning, and Jake Plummer for example.

I think Vick would be more successful if he dropped that "I'm a QB and thats the only position I'll play" attitude and was more open to change. Marcus Allen probably could have played any skill position on the offensive side of the ball, but he made his living at RB, maybe Vick needs to switch. The Falcons could have Matt Schaub and Vick in the backfield at the same time, that could could cause a lot of headaches for defensive coordinators.

I agree with that. :lol:

Good Post! I totally agree

• 4 years later...

I was glancing through and saw all of this and read through it saw things that were very interesting. Looks like Schaub is doing better than some had thought, and Michael Vick having the year he had last year. He was given probably his best set of Wr's he's ever played with and flourished in the Philly offense. So does everything think this will continue or was last year a fluke?

Personally I believe he is a different man playing in the NFL than what he was years ago. He's still crazy athletic and threw the ball well last year. If this keeps up he could be an even bigger force to reckon with than what he already was in Atlanta.

I was glancing through and saw all of this and read through it saw things that were very interesting. Looks like Schaub is doing better than some had thought, and Michael Vick having the year he had last year. He was given probably his best set of Wr's he's ever played with and flourished in the Philly offense. So does everything think this will continue or was last year a fluke?

Personally I believe he is a different man playing in the NFL than what he was years ago. He's still crazy athletic and threw the ball well last year. If this keeps up he could be an even bigger force to reckon with than what he already was in Atlanta.

I believe that Michael Vick is more focus as a football player

I believe that Michael Vick is more focus as a football player

It does seem that way as he isn't as run first pass second as he was in Atlanta. However, what he has in Philly that he didn't have in Atlanta is a good coach and good Wr's to throw too. Also Lesean McCoy is a better running back than any running back that was in Atlanta at the time.

• 8 years later...