Mike Vick

No he doesn't and he is basically saying that NFC coaches and players don't know what they are talking about, even though they do get paid to play the game, coach the game, and evaluate talent.

I showed everyone 3 different players and there numbers, you choose? I know you are so gung ho on Vick that you will let your pride get in the way and pick him, but as I was told last week by someone, numbers dont lie!!! And should a player earn a trip to the ProBowl based on talent or performance??? I always thought it was performance???

Swanson, really I have nothing at all against Vick and I think he is very exciting to watch, but he is not this great QB he is hyped up to be! The man is a marketing goldmine though and thats the reason he recieves the publicity that he does from the media!! Pretty much, he will never be a HOF but the NFL is making billions off him!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I have been saying Mike Vick is the NFL's most overrated player for two years now. He posesses great speed and athleticism and he does have a cannon for an arm but that is truly where it stops.

Mike makes poor decisions on many occasions. His accuracy is terrible and that is putting it rather nicely in all honesty. The Falcons have a great offensive line, thanks in large part to the coach that they got from Denver. Their duo in the backfield is terrific in Dunn & Duckett. Vick's ability to run does make them the best team rushing wise in the NFL, although Denver is pretty good as well with Anderson, Bell, and Dayne.

Until Mike Vick becomes a polished passer the Falcons will never reach the Super Bowl. Last year the only reason they got to the title game is because the Rams (who were 8-8 by the way) pulled an upset in the first round and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs. When they played a good team like the Eagles Vick looked ridiculous. The Bears made him look like a Pop Warner quarterback on Sunday night.

I have been saying Mike Vick is the NFL's most overrated player for two years now. He posesses great speed and athleticism and he does have a cannon for an arm but that is truly where it stops.

Mike makes poor decisions on many occasions. His accuracy is terrible and that is putting it rather nicely in all honesty. The Falcons have a great offensive line, thanks in large part to the coach that they got from Denver. Their duo in the backfield is terrific in Dunn & Duckett. Vick's ability to run does make them the best team rushing wise in the NFL, although Denver is pretty good as well with Anderson, Bell, and Dayne.

Until Mike Vick becomes a polished passer the Falcons will never reach the Super Bowl. Last year the only reason they got to the title game is because the Rams (who were 8-8 by the way) pulled an upset in the first round and made it to the divisional round of the playoffs. When they played a good team like the Eagles Vick looked ridiculous. The Bears made him look like a Pop Warner quarterback on Sunday night.

Thank You Catfish!!!

Apparently some people have a hard time realizing that this man is the 27th rated passer in the league and only has a 57 QB rating in the 4th quarter this year when it has really mattered! I hope you guys watched Around the Horn today, because 3 of the fours guys said he didnt belong in the PB and the other said he did because he was entertaining! NOT BECAUSE HE PUT UP THE BEST NUMBERS! The Falcons are going to miss the playoffs and a big reason why is Vick! If Schaub was the starting, the Falcons would be better than 8-6, I guarantee!!!!

All I am saying is the reason he is in the Pro Bowl, isn't because the fans voted him in, but because the coaches and players voted him in. In 2003, when Vick was hurt the team went 5-11. They won 3 out of the last 4 games when Vick returned to the lineup. Vick gives them the best chance to win. Put Shaub in the game, teams will load the box ground the running attack and make Shaub beat them which he won't be able to do.

The Falcons offense doesn't call for 250 yard 3 TD efforts. If Vick wasn't in the lineup the Falcons run offense wouldn't be the best in the NFL. Yes he has room to improve and he is doing that. He isn't going anywhere, and I am going to laugh when he bring a Lombardi trophy back to Atlanta.

All I am saying is the reason he is in the Pro Bowl, isn't because the fans voted him in, but because the coaches and players voted him in. In 2003, when Vick was hurt the team went 5-11. They won 3 out of the last 4 games when Vick returned to the lineup. Vick gives them the best chance to win. Put Shaub in the game, teams will load the box ground the running attack and make Shaub beat them which he won't be able to do.

The Falcons offense doesn't call for 250 yard 3 TD efforts. If Vick wasn't in the lineup the Falcons run offense wouldn't be the best in the NFL. Yes he has room to improve and he is doing that. He isn't going anywhere, and I am going to laugh when he bring a Lombardi trophy back to Atlanta.

You never did pick a QB???? 1,2, or 3????

Schaub wasnt playing QB when Vick went down, Doug Johnson was!!! Schaub ripped the Pats a new behind and alot of people consider them one of the top 3 defenses in the league! Falcons did lose that game, but you cant blame the offense for that one, and especially not Schaub! He has got to become a passer first if he ever wants to win a SB, until then he will just be mediocre! And the most overrated player in the NFL and maybe all of sports!!!

He will never win a SB unless he learns how to pass!!! I promise!!!! Vick got elected to the PB for 2 reason, 1 the NFC is very weak at the QB position this year and 2 his name got him the PB, in fact there are prolly two other QB's who deserved it over him, but they have flew under the radar this year!!!

Pick you Pro-Bowler!!!!

QB.1-87.0 rating 2797 yards passing 20 TD 8 Ints 58.9 comp%

QB.2-71.8 rating 2136 yards Passing 13 TD 12 Ints 54.3 comp%

QB.3-86.1 rating 3188 yards passing 21 TD 14 Ints 59.1 comp%

And had McNabb not gotten hurt, Vick wouldnt have a sniff at the ProBowl! McNabb was having a horrible season and still putting up better numbers than Vick!!!

BTW, QB.1-Mark Brunell QB.2-Mike Vick QB.3 Drew Bledsoe

Vick does have 534 yards rushing, but that just about 400 more than Brunell! Face Vick was the only QB to elect! I mean you think they would send Harrington, Simms, Johnson, Warner, Smith, Orton, Fitzgerald, etc?????

Brunell or Bledsoe would have been a much better choice!!!

:P:P:P:lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

He should have better throwing numbers folks. Crumpler is a big physical tight end who can get down the field and stretch defenses. White, the rookie from UAB, has the size and speed to be something really special. Jenkins was a terrific receiver at Ohio State and is a solid posession receiver in the NFL. Finneran is a big physical receiver who is simply money for lots of quarterbacks in the red zone.

Remember that Peerless Price was great in Buffalo when playing with Bledsoe. He went to Atlanta and got a bad reputation. Was all of that his doing???? NO! The fact is that Price played with a quarterback who can't throw the football very well at all while in Atlanta.

You put T.O. in Atlanta and see how long it takes before he starts shooting his mouth off. You'll all think that Owens loves Garcia and McNabb when comparing them to Vick. Michael can run and make tremendous plays with his legs. He has the ability to throw it a mile with that cannon of a left arm he has. HOWEVER, what Vick can't do is what separates many good quarterbacks from bad ones and that one thing is throw the ball accurately.

Tom Brady doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL by any stretch of the imagination. Yes he is a gutty player who is simply a winner but to explain how he does it well I'd have to say he throws the ball accurately. Brady's receivers have been Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson, Tim Dwight, David Patton, Deion Branch, David Givens, and JJ Stokes to name a few. His tight ends have been Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham, Fred Baxter, and Ben Watson. Those receivers aren't exactly Randy Moss and Terrell Owens skill level guys. The tight ends aren't even close to guys like Tony Gonzalez, Alge Crumpler, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, and Todd Heap. That means Brady must be throwing the ball accurately to some people wouldn't you say??????

Catfish you wanna know why Price didn't produce in Atlanta? It is because he isn't very good. He was looked upon to be a # 1 reciever, something he is not. In Buffalo he played behind Eric Moulds. If Price is so great why isn't he putting up big numbers this year, oh yeah he isn't even playing after being released by the Dallas Cowboys. So there goes that argument.

Next to gotmilk? When Atlanta and New England played, the Patriots were decimated with injuries and trying to get things together. Shaub wouldn't put up those numbers now. And back then NE wasn't even considered a serious threat in the AFC. So that argument is down the drain.

Second Matt Shaub is a back-up QB in the NFL. Much like Billy Volek. They can put up big numbers in their spot starts, or when their team has no choice but to throw the ball. Shaub if he started in the NFL would be exploited by Defensive Cordinators around the league. They would stop the run and blitz all the time, cause Shaub lacks the mobility of Vick (and don't bring up Shaub's rushing numbers cause see he doesn't get in the endzone like Vick and Vick turns a 5 yard loss into a yard gain more times than not).

Finally if he is so overrated then why do Professional coaches and players keep voting him into the Pro Bowl? I mean what makes them so qualified, lol.

Catfish you wanna know why Price didn't produce in Atlanta? It is because he isn't very good. He was looked upon to be a # 1 reciever, something he is not. In Buffalo he played behind Eric Moulds. If Price is so great why isn't he putting up big numbers this year, oh yeah he isn't even playing after being released by the Dallas Cowboys. So there goes that argument.

Next to gotmilk? When Atlanta and New England played, the Patriots were decimated with injuries and trying to get things together. Shaub wouldn't put up those numbers now. And back then NE wasn't even considered a serious threat in the AFC. So that argument is down the drain.

Second Matt Shaub is a back-up QB in the NFL. Much like Billy Volek. They can put up big numbers in their spot starts, or when their team has no choice but to throw the ball. Shaub if he started in the NFL would be exploited by Defensive Cordinators around the league. They would stop the run and blitz all the time, cause Shaub lacks the mobility of Vick (and don't bring up Shaub's rushing numbers cause see he doesn't get in the endzone like Vick and Vick turns a 5 yard loss into a yard gain more times than not).

Finally if he is so overrated then why do Professional coaches and players keep voting him into the Pro Bowl? I mean what makes them so qualified, lol.

You never did pick a QB? 1,2,3??? :D

First of all any team that dont see NE as a threat at any point in the season is an idiot! The team had just beat Pitt@Pitt 2 weeks earlier and you think they werent a threat? Give me a break and quit making excuses for Vick!

Your "Shaub if he started in the NFL would be exploited by Defensive Cordinators around the league. They would stop the run and blitz all the time, cause Shaub lacks the mobility of Vick" doesnt hold water, because if this were the case, why doesnt Manning get exploited? he is not as mobile is Vick, in fact why doesnt every QB in the league get exploited??? None of them are as mobile as Vick! And if its any consilation to you, Schaub is averaging more yards a carry this year than Vick!!!

If Vick played in the AFC he would be voted 8th in the PB voting and he would only be that high because of some injuries to QB's

Let me explain something to you, not only is NFL, football, it is also a marketing enterprise and the NFL can make a ton more money by having Vick in the PB than having Brunell! Jerseys, caps, promotions, appearances, etc! BTW the voting splits 3-ways players, coaches, and fans! And if think the NFL doesnt have control over who goes then your crazy! Heres a question for you, if its not just for the $$$ then why isnt Aaron Brooks in the PB? His numbers are similar to Vick, but with more INT's? Let me tell you something, last year McNabb run for less yards than he had in his career and had by and far the best passing year of his life and his team went to the SB, see what I am getting at????

Face it, VICK IS OVERRATED!!!!!

List of players with better QB ratings than VICK! Nuff SAID!!

NAME COM ATT PCT YDS YPA LNG TD TD% INT INT% SK SYD RAT

1 P. Manning QB, IND 295 439 67.2 3626 8.26 80 28 6.4 10 2.3 16.0 81 104.3

2 C. Palmer QB, CIN 315 465 67.7 3516 7.56 70 30 6.5 10 2.2 18.0 96 102.6

3 B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT 148 232 63.8 2024 8.72 85 16 6.9 7 3.0 20.0 117 102.0

4 M. Hasselbeck QB, SEA 271 420 64.5 3215 7.66 56 22 5.2 9 2.1 21.0 138 96.3

5 M. Bulger QB, STL 192 287 66.9 2297 8.00 57 14 4.9 9 3.1 26.0 188 94.4

6 Tom Brady QB, NWE 313 493 63.5 3888 7.89 71 23 4.7 12 2.4 23.0 171 93.3

7 Drew Brees QB, SDG 297 453 65.6 3347 7.39 54 23 5.1 14 3.1 23.0 193 91.6

8 J. Plummer QB, DEN 250 413 60.5 3007 7.28 72 18 4.4 6 1.5 18.0 112 91.3

9 B. Leftwich QB, JAC 175 302 57.9 2123 7.03 45 15 5.0 5 1.7 23.0 110 89.3

10 T. Green QB, KAN 275 443 62.1 3463 7.82 60 14 3.2 10 2.3 28.0 185 87.5

11 M. Brunell QB, WAS 246 418 58.9 2797 6.69 78 20 4.8 8 1.9 25.0 191 87.0

12 J. Delhomme QB, CAR 234 384 60.9 2998 7.81 80 20 5.2 15 3.9 24.0 195 86.5

13 D. Bledsoe QB, DAL 267 437 61.1 3188 7.30 71 21 4.8 14 3.2 39.0 238 86.1

14 K. Warner QB, ARI 242 375 64.5 2713 7.24 63 11 2.9 9 2.4 23.0 158 85.8

15 S. McNair QB, TEN 287 463 62.0 3127 6.75 57 16 3.5 9 1.9 20.0 134 85.3

16 D. McNabb QB, PHI 211 357 59.1 2507 7.02 91 16 4.5 9 2.5 19.0 112 85.0

17 B. Johnson QB, MIN 132 218 60.6 1390 6.38 80 8 3.7 4 1.8 20.0 106 83.7

18 C. Simms QB, TAM 150 246 61.0 1607 6.53 78 6 2.4 5 2.0 26.0 183 79.8

19 K. Collins QB, OAK 259 476 54.4 3250 6.83 79 17 3.6 11 2.3 35.0 213 78.2

20 T. Dilfer QB, CLE 199 333 59.8 2321 6.97 80 11 3.3 12 3.6 23.0 139 76.9

21 David Carr QB, HOU 233 383 60.8 2170 5.67 34 12 3.1 10 2.6 64.0 392 76.0

22 E. Manning QB, NYG 259 492 52.6 3314 6.74 61 22 4.5 16 3.3 25.0 160 75.4

23 B. Favre QB, GNB 321 519 61.9 3305 6.37 53 19 3.7 24 4.6 19.0 140 73.1

24 B. Bollinger QB, NYJ 128 227 56.4 1305 5.75 60 6 2.6 5 2.2 24.0 134 72.7

25 D. Culpepper QB, MIN 139 216 64.4 1564 7.24 68 6 2.8 12 5.6 31.0 169 72.0

26 K. Boller QB, BAL 132 223 59.2 1359 6.09 39 8 3.6 9 4.0 19.0 123 71.9

27 M. Vick QB, ATL 183 337 54.3 2136 6.34 58 13 3.9 12 3.6 26.0 139 71.8

Gotmilk when are you going to learn. Stats are not important it is W's and L's that count. When Vick is at QB it gives his team the best chance to win period. Every coach in the NFL would agree with me on that one. So get caught up in your QB ratings and TD's and Int's, but I am going to side with NFL coaches and GM's on this one. Vick went into Lambeau Field in Jan. in the playoffs and won against Brett Farve. How many QB's can say that? Only one other. He led his team to the NFC Championship game, how many QB's on your list can say that? About half of them. Vick is still young and maturing as a QB. This is year 2 in Jim Mora's system, and year 3 will be a breakout year.

Ha I love how you compare Shaub to Manning. First, Manning is on another intelligence level than Shaub. Plus the Colts have all-pros at all the skill positions. Stop trying to make weak excuses. My argument holds up better than yours.

To NE, with all the injuries no one in the league thought they were going to be able to pull it all together especially on defense. It is easy for you to say that now in week 16, but you wouldn't of said that the weak they played the Falcons.

BTW Vick isn't in the AFC, so don't even bring that up. Next yes I will admit if McNabb wasn't hurt than he would of made it over Vick. And as to picking 1,2,3. I don't pick players off stats alone, there are some things more important than stats.

Gotmilk when are you going to learn. Stats are not important it is W's and L's that count. When Vick is at QB it gives his team the best chance to win period. Every coach in the NFL would agree with me on that one. So get caught up in your QB ratings and TD's and Int's, but I am going to side with NFL coaches and GM's on this one. Vick went into Lambeau Field in Jan. in the playoffs and won against Brett Farve. How many QB's can say that? Only one other. He led his team to the NFC Championship game, how many QB's on your list can say that? About half of them. Vick is still young and maturing as a QB. This is year 2 in Jim Mora's system, and year 3 will be a breakout year.

Ha I love how you compare Shaub to Manning. First, Manning is on another intelligence level than Shaub. Plus the Colts have all-pros at all the skill positions. Stop trying to make weak excuses. My argument holds up better than yours.

To NE, with all the injuries no one in the league thought they were going to be able to pull it all together especially on defense. It is easy for you to say that now in week 16, but you wouldn't of said that the weak they played the Falcons.

BTW Vick isn't in the AFC, so don't even bring that up. Next yes I will admit if McNabb wasn't hurt than he would of made it over Vick. And as to picking 1,2,3. I don't pick players off stats alone, there are some things more important than stats.

Gerry, you are making my argument to easy, in fact you are making it for me! W's and L's are what count? Falcons 8-6 and will more than likely not make the playoffs! They have to travel to TB and then play Carolina at home, 2 teams that have done beat them this year! What is your excuse for the Falcons missing the playoffs? Not the defense, they are only giving up 19 ppg, not Dunn and Duckett they have went for almost 1700 yards combine, not the WR's young and fast and have played great this year, not the kicker peterson is 21/22 FG's and 32/32 Xp, not the punter he is averaging about 40 yards per punt with 20 inside the 20, cant blame it on injuries, Vick missed one game due to injury besides that they have been healthy!!! So whose fault is it? You tell me? I am not blaming it all on Vick, but the Falcons would be alot better off performance wise to trade him, but that would kill them in marketing!!!

Vick is 0-3 this year against playoff bound teams! In 5 seasons that Vick has been in Atlanta, the Falcons have made the playoffs twice and are 2-2 in the playoffs!!!

Give it up any argument that you can make about the man I can mute it! The man is overrated, I am showing you facts, you are giving me an opinion! You say he has the stats, I discredit that, you say he is a winner, now I have discredited that! Whats next???? I have showed you he is not a good QB, now you show me where he is!!!! Give it up, Facts outweigh opinions anyday!!! :D