Mike Vick

Alright Gerry, I have you down, now I am gonna kick ya! :D

33 QB's qualify for theses statistical categories so here are Vicks Rankings

Rating:27th

Comp%:29th

Yards:22nd

TD:20th

Ints:22nd(only 7 other QB's have thrown more INTs)

Sacks:26th(he gets out of the pocket and his line cant protect him out there)

Oh and BTW, Vick has never finish a season in the NFL where he was higher than the 18th in QB rating! NEVER!!!!

Seriously, lets hear from everyone, you have seen the facts, Vick doesnt put up numbers and he has really only had one good winning season! The man is overrated!!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said I said you can throw out all the facts you want. I will take Vick over 95% of the QB's in the leauge. You just don't like the guy and I have learned you are closeminded when it comes to viewing things. First Pacman and now Vick. Tell me what QB has went into GB and won a playoff game. I can count them on one hand and VICK IS ONE OF THEM. He is a winner in the NFL. PERIOD. Now I think I am going to block you cause I am tired of hearing you nonsense on this board. You say you are putting down my arguments, but your arguements are on the level of a 3rd grader. Comparing Shaub and Peyton Manning. Are u stupid or something? Shaub is just happy to be in the league.

Like I said I said you can throw out all the facts you want. I will take Vick over 95% of the QB's in the leauge. You just don't like the guy and I have learned you are closeminded when it comes to viewing things. First Pacman and now Vick. Tell me what QB has went into GB and won a playoff game. I can count them on one hand and VICK IS ONE OF THEM. He is a winner in the NFL. PERIOD. Now I think I am going to block you cause I am tired of hearing you nonsense on this board. You say you are putting down my arguments, but your arguements are on the level of a 3rd grader. Comparing Shaub and Peyton Manning. Are u stupid or something? Shaub is just happy to be in the league.

LOL!!! You turn every argument into a racial thing, why? So what he won one big game, he is the greatest player ever! I would love for you to block me, that would just show how angry you get when you know I am right! If my arguments are a 3rd grade level, so be it, that just means that most of the people in this country are at a third garde level with me, because most of the people have enough knowledge of the game to admit that Vick is not a good NFL QB! I have never compared Shaub to Manning, you said that Schaub would get exploited(notice that my 3rd grade level argument is using the exact same words and quotes that you posted) by DC because he is not as mobile as Vick and I stated that Manning is not as quick as Vick so why doesnt he get exploited? Never compared the two!!

I am not here to argue, I am here to have a friendly debate, but if me discrediting everything you say makes you mad and you cant be big enough to admit that you are wrong, then fine block me! I am here to be friends with everyone, but if you cant stand the fact that I can show you proof to discredit every argument you put up, then block me! Everyone else will still see the truth and most will agree with me!!! :D

Guest catfish-hunter

LOL!!! You turn every argument into a racial thing, why? So what he won one big game, he is the greatest player ever! I would love for you to block me, that would just show how angry you get when you know I am right! If my arguments are a 3rd grade level, so be it, that just means that most of the people in this country are at a third garde level with me, because most of the people have enough knowledge of the game to admit that Vick is not a good NFL QB! I have never compared Shaub to Manning, you said that Schaub would get exploited(notice that my 3rd grade level argument is using the exact same words and quotes that you posted) by DC because he is not as mobile as Vick and I stated that Manning is not as quick as Vick so why doesnt he get exploited? Never compared the two!!

I am not here to argue, I am here to have a friendly debate, but if me discrediting everything you say makes you mad and you cant be big enough to admit that you are wrong, then fine block me! I am here to be friends with everyone, but if you cant stand the fact that I can show you proof to discredit every argument you put up, then block me! Everyone else will still see the truth and most will agree with me!!! :D

There are many things I agree with Gerry Bertier on and many things that I disagree with him on. I'm sure that is probably the case with you and I as well gotmilk.

That is what makes this website so great. Peoples opinions are very strong things.

There are many things I agree with Gerry Bertier on and many things that I disagree with him on. I'm sure that is probably the case with you and I as well gotmilk.

That is what makes this website so great. Peoples opinions are very strong things.

I totally agree! I love having friendly debates, but I dont like them getting turned into something personal!!! :D

Manning rap has been good stats and no big wins. I think that might be Gerry's point, and I could see how that debate is reasonable. Vick is going to get better, in my opinion. I like how his head coach has determined to let Vick be Vick and use the talent he has (runs that scare the defense) and continue to develop the passing part of his game. I believe that Vick will be a big winner in this league, but it may take as long as it has taken Manning.

Vick hasn't really showed me that much...Yeah he's fun to watch...but when he faces a good defense he can't do much...but when he faces a bad defense he can win because he can run and doesn't have to throw the ball, but when he is put in a situation to throw he loses...Now you can argue the fact that he didn't have the WR's to throw to, but Donavon McNabb went to 3 straight NFC championships with out a great WR to throw to, though he didn't win any the fact of the matter was that he won 3 years on a row to get there with out a great WR...Vick did beat the packers at home during a playoff game, but Cullpepper done it last year and look what happen to him at the begginning of this year...The only reason the Falcons went as far as they did last year because there was only 1 other team in the NFC worthy and that was the Eagles and look what happen to the Falcons when they met up with them...I would say if Vick could possibly have one good WR to go with Crumpler and he could throw the ball half way decent add that combo in with the running game that they have they will be in the superbowl...Until then he won't be much at all...

Vick hasn't really showed me that much...Yeah he's fun to watch...but when he faces a good defense he can't do much...but when he faces a bad defense he can win because he can run and doesn't have to throw the ball, but when he is put in a situation to throw he loses...Now you can argue the fact that he didn't have the WR's to throw to, but Donavon McNabb went to 3 straight NFC championships with out a great WR to throw to, though he didn't win any the fact of the matter was that he won 3 years on a row to get there with out a great WR...Vick did beat the packers at home during a playoff game, but Cullpepper done it last year and look what happen to him at the begginning of this year...The only reason the Falcons went as far as they did last year because there was only 1 other team in the NFC worthy and that was the Eagles and look what happen to the Falcons when they met up with them...I would say if Vick could possibly have one good WR to go with Crumpler and he could throw the ball half way decent add that combo in with the running game that they have they will be in the superbowl...Until then he won't be much at all...

Vick has some good WR's and they are young, put them on a team with a good QB and you would know there names!!!

I may be alone on this, but when the season is over I will be the only one laughing! Vick has had a chance with a great WR, Vick has had 2 years to play his style offense, and it just hasnt worked! This guy needs a mentor to become a complete QB and he is still young enough to become that, but right now he is the most overrated player in the NFL and maybe in all of sports!!!

And when the Falcons fail to make the playoffs or lose early in the playoffs, I will be back on here saying the same thing!!! :lol:

Vick has some good WR's and they are young, put them on a team with a good QB and you would know there names!!!

I may be alone on this, but when the season is over I will be the only one laughing! Vick has had a chance with a great WR, Vick has had 2 years to play his style offense, and it just hasnt worked! This guy needs a mentor to become a complete QB and he is still young enough to become that, but right now he is the most overrated player in the NFL and maybe in all of sports!!!

And when the Falcons fail to make the playoffs or lose early in the playoffs, I will be back on here saying the same thing!!! :thumb:

gotmilk,

If the stats you have listed are correct, then he is not overrated at all. It is what it is. :thumb:

He's going to have to learn how to throw the ball...People age and get slower...if he can't throw the ball he won't be in the league as long as Brett Farve or some of the great qb's...

It is true that people get slower with age, but it is also true that people get faster with age as well. Vick is at the age where he will not slow down for many years, in fact he could still be developing as a faster athlete.

It is true that people get slower with age, but it is also true that people get faster with age as well. Vick is at the age where he will not slow down for many years, in fact he could still be developing as a faster athlete.

True True...But he has to develop as a QB or he won't last that long in the league...there will be atleast 1 team every year to know how to beat him and he'll never go to a Superbowl...