Mike Vick

Guest dare_2_dream

yes,,,,he was only good about 50 percent of the time....but they were many games, in the first half of the season this year,,,,,where he threw and they won. so that is not a totally accurate statement.

The other thing is the thread title says he is the most overrated......not by the NFL QB rating system he in not. He is rated right where he should be right now.

I will take my chances with him throwing the football, personally. He is not going to win many games with his arm.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take my chances with him throwing the football, personally. He is not going to win many games with his arm.

Yep,,,,I think right now, the best strategy is to make him throw,,,cause he will kill you if he tucks the ball and runs. However,,,,,if he is on (like he was much of this year) he could (could) kill you with his arm. The man does have a strong arm.........

Vick's problem isn't his arm, it's his height. Is he really even six foot tall?

He can't see over those giants to make good passes. I don't know of any way that can be fixed. I guess as long as he can sprint out (to where he can see) he could make passes then.

Drew Brees seems to have the same height disadvantage,,,,and he is doing alright.....so maybe it can be fixed.

Vick's problem isn't his arm, it's his height. Is he really even six foot tall?

He can't see over those giants to make good passes. I don't know of any way that can be fixed. I guess as long as he can sprint out (to where he can see) he could make passes then.

I believe Vick's problem (and he just cost another Atlanta coach his job) is not his arm or his height---his problem is between his ears--he can't read defenses---plus he also seems to believe all his hype and press clippings. Does anyone remember when he had his own TV commercial a couple of years ago? In it, a young fan was hoisted up and dropped into a football game while Vick offered his comments. I had never seen a commercial using a player who wasn't even average at his position before that one. Now, the commercial is gone, and, if Petrino is wise, he will confront his "disposal problem" head on and give Schaub his shot.

I believe Vick's problem (and he just cost another Atlanta coach his job) is not his arm or his height---his problem is between his ears--he can't read defenses---plus he also seems to believe all his hype and press clippings. Does anyone remember when he had his own TV commercial a couple of years ago? In it, a young fan was hoisted up and dropped into a football game while Vick offered his comments. I had never seen a commercial using a player who wasn't even average at his position before that one. Now, the commercial is gone, and, if Petrino is wise, he will confront his "disposal problem" head on and give Schaub his shot.

I would not use the marketing folks agenda to rate Quarterbacks. That is a function of something other than QB ratings. That was about hype from his college days and potential....not actual performance.....and here is the stellar reason......they were trying to sell product.

I love it! When this thread was started, I was pretty much the only one saying that Vick was very overrated and battled it out with a few guys on here! But now people are starting to see that Vick is no more than a fast guy playing QB! I would not be one bit surprised to see Vick gone after next season! I will have to say if anyone can make him a decent QB it will be Petrino! I just dont never see him living up to the hype that has surrounded his career!

I love it! When this thread was started, I was pretty much the only one saying that Vick was very overrated and battled it out with a few guys on here! But now people are starting to see that Vick is no more than a fast guy playing QB! I would not be one bit surprised to see Vick gone after next season! I will have to say if anyone can make him a decent QB it will be Petrino! I just dont never see him living up to the hype that has surrounded his career!

"Talking heads" say Petrino may keep him a yr. or less....

Height? Johnny Unitas was 6' tall.....did pretty well.

Vick is yet another running QB.....no legs....mediocre...

don't see many of them in a SB

Guest dare_2_dream

Yep,,,,I think right now, the best strategy is to make him throw,,,cause he will kill you if he tucks the ball and runs. However,,,,,if he is on (like he was much of this year) he could (could) kill you with his arm. The man does have a strong arm.........

He has a heck of an arm whenever he decided to use it. His decision making is his biggest problem.