Mike Vick

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I always the one that has to prove people wrong? Look, I know some peoples pride will not allow them to give in and admit that Vick is not a good QB, but yet again I am going to prove that numbers dont lie!

Johnson SB season!

281-451 62.3 comp% 3049 yards 6.8 avg 22 TD 76 LG 6 INT 92.9 Rating

Johnson was an effective QB that year and didnt have to be great with that "D"!

But then again, Johnson wasnt chosen as the savior of the franchise nor the NFL like VICK!!!

GUYS PLEASE JUST ADMIT THE MAN IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE SHOW ME PROOF THAT HE IS NOT, I CAN ADMIT WHEN I AM WRONG SO WHY CANT SOME OF YOU???????

gotmilk, come on now. re-read my post with johnson. I asked about flutie and then johnson. not vick and then johnson.

I have not read one line of print that has used the word savior and vick as being synonomous.

what you have proven, is that it is not the QB that always leads the team to the superbowl, which in turn tells me that Vick could take his team there. Thanks for the "proof". (by the way, I do not believe your numbers actually prove anything that you saying. just my opinion......just like I think vick is and will be a good NFL QB.

gotmilk, come on now. re-read my post with johnson. I asked about flutie and then johnson. not vick and then johnson.

I have not read one line of print that has used the word savior and vick as being synonomous.

what you have proven, is that it is not the QB that always leads the team to the superbowl, which in turn tells me that Vick could take his team there. Thanks for the "proof". (by the way, I do not believe your numbers actually prove anything that you saying. just my opinion......just like I think vick is and will be a good NFL QB.

Thats wasnt a shot at you! BTW, what does Flutie have to do with the conversation? I am saying that the NFL and the Vick fans have made him out to be the savior of football, when in fact he is at best an average Starting QB or a solid backup!

I wish everyone would read what I have posted, I have never said Vick WILL NEVER be a good QB, but as of this point, he has been no better than mediocre! He is young and has alot of talent, but it is time to let his play do the talking, not his fans and the NFL! If the NFL can keep this man hyped up, the fans will continue to be blinded by it, which allows the NFL to make millions off a man who is not no where near a Pro Bowl caliber player! The NFL has fans so blinded that they cant see this man is a less than average QB at this point in his career! Numbers dont lie! In fact, no one has answered my question! Why isnt Aaron Brooks considered at the same level as Mike Vick? His career numbers are very close to Vicks and in alot of categories are better!!!

When the NFL sees Vick, the see $$$$, thats why!!!!!

Thats wasnt a shot at you! BTW, what does Flutie have to do with the conversation? I am saying that the NFL and the Vick fans have made him out to be the savior of football, when in fact he is at best an average Starting QB or a solid backup!

I wish everyone would read what I have posted, I have never said Vick WILL NEVER be a good QB, but as of this point, he has been no better than mediocre! He is young and has alot of talent, but it is time to let his play do the talking, not his fans and the NFL! If the NFL can keep this man hyped up, the fans will continue to be blinded by it, which allows the NFL to make millions off a man who is not no where near a Pro Bowl caliber player! The NFL has fans so blinded that they cant see this man is a less than average QB at this point in his career! Numbers dont lie! In fact, no one has answered my question! Why isnt Aaron Brooks considered at the same level as Mike Vick? His career numbers are very close to Vicks and in alot of categories are better!!!

When the NFL sees Vick, the see $$$$, thats why!!!!!

Aaron Brooks is not Mike Vick. And neither is Palmer from Cincy. Vick is a different type of player, that is why he gets the press that the others don't. It is not because of the stats that you are relying on to to tell you who is better. It is the thrill of the play that makes people want to watch this guy.

on the side note, the NFL is around to make money, there is no foul for promoting this guy they way they have. People want to see Vick play, he delivers up to the level of the hype given. They hype is not that he is the best thing to take a snap, just the most excitiing thing to take one. I still do not believe he is being made out to be a savoir at all. The league is not in need of being saved. at this time, anyway.

Flutie comes into it, the same way Aaron Brooks does, as an example of others who make it in the league, have talent, and fans want to see them take the snaps and make things happen. And, no superbowl ring.

Aaron Brooks is not Mike Vick. And neither is Palmer from Cincy. Vick is a different type of player, that is why he gets the press that the others don't. It is not because of the stats that you are relying on to to tell you who is better. It is the thrill of the play that makes people want to watch this guy.

on the side note, the NFL is around to make money, there is no foul for promoting this guy they way they have. People want to see Vick play, he delivers up to the level of the hype given. They hype is not that he is the best thing to take a snap, just the most excitiing thing to take one. I still do not believe he is being made out to be a savoir at all. The league is not in need of being saved. at this time, anyway.

Flutie comes into it, the same way Aaron Brooks does, as an example of others who make it in the league, have talent, and fans want to see them take the snaps and make things happen. And, no superbowl ring.

I was just about to post the same thing you did about the NFL and money.Vick just has that WOW factor. Everytime he rolls out on a bootleg, or takes off running on a play people hold thier breath and dont blink because they might miss a once in a lifetime play. The leauge, Nike, and the Falcons know this all to well. Fans love to see amazing plays, and Vick can make those plays. He fills stands because of that, the Falcons sell out every home game, before Vick who cared about watching a Faclons game. How many MNF or SNF games did they have 4 years before he took over the starting role, and how many do they have now. His jersey is the number 1 selling jersey in the NFL, the leauge and the Falcons are making huge bucks on any licenced product with him on it. And theres always that hope factor with Micheal Vick, we always hope in the off season he becomes a better pocket passer, because then we know he's got the total package. But the fact is, besides his TEs and Dunn, who is he going to put the ball into the hands of. Perless Price was supposed to be the savoir to the passing game a few years ago...but he got cut from a team shortly after being traded from the Falcons. And Pathon is just not a very good reciever. We will always have this argument about Micheal Vick because you have to beleive that unless they can draft a big time WR, they will never have 1. No big free agent WR wants to go to Atlanta until they know Vick can get them the ball.

This is exactly what I have been saying for 5 pages, but I start wondering when one player becomes bigger than a city? Would Atlanta fans rather have the option of having a thriller at QB or having a QB that will give them a chance at winning a SB??

And unless Vick improves his passing game dramatically he will not be the one to do it!!!

I was just about to post the same thing you did about the NFL and money.Vick just has that WOW factor. Everytime he rolls out on a bootleg, or takes off running on a play people hold thier breath and dont blink because they might miss a once in a lifetime play. The leauge, Nike, and the Falcons know this all to well. Fans love to see amazing plays, and Vick can make those plays. He fills stands because of that, the Falcons sell out every home game, before Vick who cared about watching a Faclons game. How many MNF or SNF games did they have 4 years before he took over the starting role, and how many do they have now. His jersey is the number 1 selling jersey in the NFL, the leauge and the Falcons are making huge bucks on any licenced product with him on it. And theres always that hope factor with Micheal Vick, we always hope in the off season he becomes a better pocket passer, because then we know he's got the total package. But the fact is, besides his TEs and Dunn, who is he going to put the ball into the hands of. Perless Price was supposed to be the savoir to the passing game a few years ago...but he got cut from a team shortly after being traded from the Falcons. And Pathon is just not a very good reciever. We will always have this argument about Micheal Vick because you have to beleive that unless they can draft a big time WR, they will never have 1. No big free agent WR wants to go to Atlanta until they know Vick can get them the ball.

Welcome to the other side!!!! Exact things I have been saying, he is a money maker, not a good QB!!!! :rolleyes:

This is exactly what I have been saying for 5 pages, but I start wondering when one player becomes bigger than a city? Would Atlanta fans rather have the option of having a thriller at QB or having a QB that will give them a chance at winning a SB??

And unless Vick improves his passing game dramatically he will not be the one to do it!!!

I disagree with that. Although it would help for him to improve his ability to hit the open man and even stay in the pocket a little longer, he could still win a superbowl with out that.

All the Ravens asked of Trent Dilfer was do not lose the game for us. And that is what he did. So, if Baltimore could do it, then so could Atlanta. It just would not be Mike Vick's play that determined a the victory.

with that said, I do not believe that Atlanta can do what Baltimore was able to do, but it is possilbe.

I disagree with that. Although it would help for him to improve his ability to hit the open man and even stay in the pocket a little longer, he could still win a superbowl with out that.

All the Ravens asked of Trent Dilfer was do not lose the game for us. And that is what he did. So, if Baltimore could do it, then so could Atlanta. It just would not be Mike Vick's play that determined a the victory.

with that said, I do not believe that Atlanta can do what Baltimore was able to do, but it is possilbe.

Falcons defense is not the Ravens defense! And Vick makes to many costly TO's!

See last weeks game against the Bucs, Vicks fumble resulted in 7 points, final score 27-24 Bucs! I know alot of players make mistakes, it just seems that Vick does have alot of costly TO's!

Falcons defense is not the Ravens defense! And Vick makes to many costly TO's!

See last weeks game against the Bucs, Vicks fumble resulted in 7 points, final score 27-24 Bucs! I know alot of players make mistakes, it just seems that Vick does have alot of costly TO's!

Oh gosh...Falcons defense is no where near what the ravens defense was either...The ravens defense that year is by far the best defense so far in the 2000's...