New Board

CoachT

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has BAND got to with Tennessee High School sports ?

Go to a football game without a band and you'll see. The whole atmophere is different when the band plays as the team runs out on the field. It might be hard to belive but I know people who come to the game right before halftime, watch the bands, then leave. Also with the contest its as much a sport as some others they have in high school. 60 to 200 people moving in step at the same time and let me tell ya you are out of breath and TIRED when the show is done. Nothing like a good marching band at a high school football game playing the fight song when their team scores.

Edited by voiceofrockets

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah...they're called parents! :D

I don't know where you came from, but 75% of the people in my county come to either see the cheerleaders, or the band.

And I really wouldn't be complaining, because even if they ARE parents, guess where the money goes! Football. Most bands I know around here get no more than $100 to make it on a year. Look what football gets.