New Board

CoachT

Jackson County High School. Love the school. But the band just isn't appreciated for what they do. Every now and then we get recognition, but I guess it's just where the main focus in this county is high-contact sports. :blink:

amen if you cant kill someone doing it noone really cares that much lol its a sad thing so yeah jackson county you a few counties over in in rutherford in the boro so yeah things would be different but yeah here our principal was a band kid and loves the band and attempts to give us recognition but it doesnt always work but he is retiring this year so no telling what the next guy will do :blink:

Edited by herefortheband

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why do band kids act so weird. Just curious because all the ones that I have been around act really really strange.

People have their own definitions of weird. ;)

Maybe band students think football players are weird.

Who knows?

This just sounds like a fight for the cliques. That can stay in school. Not in the fields and courts.

band kids weird? yeah right lol ok so there maybe a few kids in band who are slightly bizarre but doesnt every non social organization. so what is it that you say makes us weird? the walking down the hall double tounging (like you know what thats is! lol), the singing of our current concert music, the constant marching in step, or the enjoyment we get from wearing stiff cotton uniforms in theheat?? i think we are perfectly normal human beings with just a tad bit or devotion to something that , to people who dont understand it, may be weird. i know im not weird

btw... does conducting the music stuck in my head while in public make we weird? :thumb:

• 3 months later...

No they are not "athletes" during band season, however some of them do track & field and other sports during other times of the year.

AND marching practice in July is done in 100 degree heat (not for the undedicated)

I am the biggest sports supporter around, coached AAU basketball, etc...however, that doesn't mean having to dislike music. Good marching bands kick butt and deserve respect for the hard work they put in.

You go, dedicated musicians!! ;)

No they are not "athletes" during band season, however some of them do track & field and other sports during other times of the year.

AND marching practice in July is done in 100 degree heat (not for the undedicated)

I am the biggest sports supporter around, coached AAU basketball, etc...however, that doesn't mean having to dislike music. Good marching bands kick butt and deserve respect for the hard work they put in.

You go, dedicated musicians!! :huh:

Great post. I do miss band. Their doing a contest at Forrest this year, man I havent been to one in 6 years!

• 1 month later...