TSWA 1A - 2A All State

Reignydayz

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are talking about leaving kids off the list how does the QB from DCA make this team when our QB Dallis Dixon was named the Off Player of the Year 5-2A over the DCA and Goodpasture kids. That makes no sense what so ever. He was not all to impressive even though they beat us. We won our 1st round game.

That's exactly what I meant by not pointing out players who shouldn't be on it. You should be able to figure out how to talk well about your own players without putting down others.

Congratulations to Kevin Smithson and Seth Skogen of Temple for being named to the TSWA All-State Football Team in Class 1A for 2005.

photo_7388.jpg

Both Smithson and Skogen broke Chattanooga city records this season, helping the Crusaders to their schools first TSSAA football playoff game.

Smithson broke his own mark for single-season passing yards (2,910) and rewrote the single-game record for passing yards (425). This is Kevin's second year to be selected to the All-State Team in 1A.

Skogen broke his older brother Caleb’s record for season receiving yards (1,949), set a record also in single-game yards (311) and already owns the career record in Chattanooga with more than 2,400 yards and has another season to play at Temple.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_77555.asp

Who ever the individuals are that voted on this and did not include Brian Sommer from Alcoa should be ashamed that they were allowed to vote on something they obviously know very little about! I understand that maybe, and just maybe considering his state leading stats, some west sports writers may not have known any better...but the east Tn voters showed thier lack of knowledge very badly, and that is sad! It's a good thing these journalists dont have to actually watch games to know how to print the score in the sat paper.

Congratulations to Kevin Smithson and Seth Skogen of Temple for being named to the TSWA All-State Football Team in Class 1A for 2005.

photo_7388.jpg

Both Smithson and Skogen broke Chattanooga city records this season, helping the Crusaders to their schools first TSSAA football playoff game.

Smithson broke his own mark for single-season passing yards (2,910) and rewrote the single-game record for passing yards (425). This is Kevin's second year to be selected to the All-State Team in 1A.

Skogen broke his older brother Caleb’s record for season receiving yards (1,949), set a record also in single-game yards (311) and already owns the career record in Chattanooga with more than 2,400 yards and has another season to play at Temple.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_77555.asp

Great Job BigBody!!

im very glad for wston perry but he only played db in a few games this season and didnt really stand out at it to me that i remember how does he get all-state db?

kinda wondered about that one myself. Maybe because of 6 picks in only 5 games at full time DB. I thought he was the best kicker we saw in 2A and played well at QB (but not all state stats.)

Congrats to all players selected..

A special congrats to those out of "region 4"

Trousdale Co.

D.D

N.H

B.S

& Coach

The young man that wore (#24) . has he been mention for any awards ? I know he was awarded the Offensive MVP of the 1A championship game.. just wandering if any other awards were out there...

Friendship.

J.R

W.M