Rumors afloat in BGA

cowboys

Guest catfish-hunter

Not talking about Reid. He is a great coach in his own right. I agree with you Fish; why would he leave Alcoa? He won't for a while. The coach I am talking about is right under our Middle Tennessee Noses. If you are wondering who, do research and find who had the top defense in the state for 2 yrs and won a state championship while making consecutive trips to the 'Boro, while breaking the state record for turnovers twice.

I'm going to take one more crack at it and say Ron Aydelott (Hillsboro). If it isn't him then you have completely stumped me buddy :thumb:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Not Aydelott. He is a DC @ an ABC school in Nashville. Come on Fish, Surely you know who he is? He is one of the 6 finalists for the BGA job. Like I said, He is in on the outside, not very obvious, but he may be closing in fast.

You are talking about DCA but the guy's name just isn't popping into my head. That would be a suprise choice by BGA :thumb:

I would be pretty shocked if CJR left MBA for a college job at this point in his life. From everything I have heard, he is very content with the lifestyle of a high school coach, in terms of hours, pressure, etc. It doesn't sound like he's a "burn the midnight oil" kind of guy right now (maybe in a previous life he was) who would enjoy returning to the non-stop travel of college recruiting, all-night film sessions, 100+ hour weeks, etc. Plus, one has to wonder about Groh's security at UVA.

I agree 100%. From what I hear, the wreck, understandably, really shuffled his priorities.

Not Aydelott. He is a DC @ an ABC school in Nashville. Come on Fish, Surely you know who he is? He is one of the 6 finalists for the BGA job. Like I said, He is in on the outside, not very obvious, but he may be closing in fast.

You're not talking about the guy at BA are you ?

He has put in for a lot of jobs over the years. I wonder why he hasn't gotten one b/f now?

I don't think it will be Pittman because BGA is looking for someone with name recognition, look how long it took to get his name during this thread. If they were going to get a young/inexperienced coach they already had one on their last staff that would be a good one. ;)