Which kind of band do you like more

voiceofrockets

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well, it's been a long time since I actually participated in any kind of band. I would have to say that I would definitely choose to attend a marching band performance over all others. There is just something about that atmosphere and having to play and do formations at the same time. Especially a band with a large number of members, which mine definitely did not have. I enjoy the auxiallary -- flags, twirlers, drum major(s). It's all good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh, yeah this topic is pointless....drum corps is cool, so is marching band...but the performance level in drum corps is sooo much higher than marching band....it requires sooo much practice in the scorching heat, you learn some great values from drum corps to apply to life....

... if you think its sooo pointless why did you even post?????

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I picked Marching Band because there is so much you can do with it, Classical, Classic Rock, Modern, or just about anything. I do LOVE Jazz Band though. When I was in Middle School the Jazz Band from the High School would come and play 3 or 4 times during the year. I loved it. I believe if you know or can relate to the songs that the band is playing, then it makes it that much better.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to beat a marching band that can play more than just the standard ballgame fare. A band that can take on classical pieces and play them successfully is almost as adrenaline-inspiring as a touchdown pass...almost.

I like drum and bugle corps because you get to see extremely talented musicians/marchers from all over the nation. The performance level is so much higher than what you can see in a high school or college marching band. They also tend to play much more musically interesting pieces.

Marching band is also great because you can have so many more sound colors by adding woodwinds, especially if they are used the right way. Rock and Jazz are good for marching band, but when a band does a classical piece and makes it awesome its the best feeling i've ever experienced. I definately love marching band.

Concert and Jazz band are also great give the musicians a chance to think more about the music and what the composer is trying to "say" in his piece.

So i'm basically saying every type of ensemble has its advantages and i like all of them, but i stil voted for drum corps. GO PHANTOM

Patrick Sewell

Tullahoma High School

Percussion

• 7 years later...

I like them all!  Was a jazz pianist in HS but playing trumpet and French Horn in concert band.  My daughter who played oboe in concert and drum line in marching band graduated last year.  She also played 2 varsity sports throughout her HS career.  If your band kids can manage high level school work with the added time demands of band, they'll have a huge leg up in college.  My daughter is proof!  

Had no idea CoachT had a band link.  I usually follow other sports on here.  Good luck all marching bands at state!  Go Signal!

• 2 years later...