Region 6-5A

haha, has been?? good one kid, i do believe im still playin the sport for one of the top programs in the country... last year doesnt mean we still arent a top program, congrats on remembering our record though as its something we hear everyday so come up with something a lil less original next time if your going to put me down..

as for soonersfan im not even going to begin to copy and paste your whole speech, but did u enjoy using my name so many times?? ha im pretty sure i know who you are and i have a good mindset to believe u are one of the coaches for Franklin and who tipped u off as to this whole thread... for your information though i havent heard stories from my father, bigdogdaddy, or the hewitts.... and the last time i talked to titus was about 2 years ago just to let you know. i find it hilarious that you believe that the discipline is better under clayton than it was under johnson, good way to stick up for your head coach but everyone and their brothe knows that isnt true. and yes for your information we spend a lot more than 4 hours a day practicing, whether it be on the field or in the complex studying film to prepare ourselves and learn from our mistakes, seems to be a lot to go over from last year so it is not shocking to see student-athletes entering and leaving the complex before the sun comes up everyone morning. so please sir tell me when u have witnessed a practice session and timed how long we were out there??

Alright man, well im glad to see you know everything about the Franklin football program. maybe when you get out of college you can go back and coach the team.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never once said that i knew everything about the program. i said i didnt like the way the coach went about things and the team could have been better last year if it wasnt for some of the decisions he made. he made it a one demensional program with barely ever running the ball and the discipline wasnt there. i witnessed this myself and heard it from several players, nothing to do with parents or anyone away from the program but straight out of the mouth of several players that said they did not like the way things were being run. In my opinion Johnson was a better coach and people did not like what i had to say about Clayton, get over it cuz thats life

i never once said that i knew everything about the program. i said i didnt like the way the coach went about things and the team could have been better last year if it wasnt for some of the decisions he made. he made it a one demensional program with barely ever running the ball and the discipline wasnt there. i witnessed this myself and heard it from several players, nothing to do with parents or anyone away from the program but straight out of the mouth of several players that said they did not like the way things were being run. In my opinion Johnson was a better coach and people did not like what i had to say about Clayton, get over it cuz thats life

Alright, yes the team could of been better than it was but it was not the coaches desicions that affected the teams success. I know you do not like it when people say that but it was not the case.

Second, coach clayton is not building a one demensional passing program. This past year Franklin did not have great runners like derrian waters a year ago, but they did have a good quaterback in Mikrut and good recievers in hewitt, campbell, helton and more. As any coach would do he wanted to utilize his best players on the field and make it a point to get them the ball so they could make plays and score points. Also with every coach comes a new playbook and style of play, and you either buy into their system or you find somewhere else to play. Franklins coach is the kind of guy that is going to use the entire field and manipulate the defense. That is why he stayed away from calling plays like "run left", "run right" like the coaching staff did in 2004, and yes i know your gonna say well it worked didntit, and yes for you guys it did, but that would have not been the case for the 2005 team.

lastly you say discipline wasnt there and I am going to say it was. Next time your down in Franklin go to a practice and stick around to about the end and watch the running the players have to do if they are late, missed practice, joked around in class, or made bad grades. Also if there was no discipline than the player that was let loose by the coach during the season would have still been on the team and continue to be a distraction.

i dont mind it when people say it wasnt the coaches. i didnt place all the blame on clayton, as i said the seniors should have stepped up and they didnt. throwing the ball is a great thing, until the other team realizes thats all your gonna do, or mostly do, and they shut it down. if you do not have decent runningbacks u make them that way, johnson and his staff found ways to do it. and the new playbook is not an excuse for not being successful as johnson and nowell brought in a completely new playbook his first year, and every game for that matter, and it worked just fine as his first year johnson took is team to an 11-2 season with his only two losses to brentwood, the eventual state champ, in which both games there was a chance to win it but becuase of bad execution by the players on the field we were unable to do so. anyway, in my opinion clayton needs to change some of his approaches towards coaching next years team or they will continue to bow out early in the playoffs and not get back to being at the top of the region. ill leave it at that. im done with this topic

i dont mind it when people say it wasnt the coaches. i didnt place all the blame on clayton, as i said the seniors should have stepped up and they didnt. throwing the ball is a great thing, until the other team realizes thats all your gonna do, or mostly do, and they shut it down. if you do not have decent runningbacks u make them that way, johnson and his staff found ways to do it. and the new playbook is not an excuse for not being successful as johnson and nowell brought in a completely new playbook his first year, and every game for that matter, and it worked just fine as his first year johnson took is team to an 11-2 season with his only two losses to brentwood, the eventual state champ, in which both games there was a chance to win it but becuase of bad execution by the players on the field we were unable to do so. anyway, in my opinion clayton needs to change some of his approaches towards coaching next years team or they will continue to bow out early in the playoffs and not get back to being at the top of the region. ill leave it at that. im done with this topic

My God kiddies...it's about time...recess is over. Back to the crayons....then it's nap time! Did everyone get their milk?

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, I leave for a few months and this is what happens... Dang, fromthetop2, I'm sure you're loving this...a bunch of Franklinites making ###### of themselves.

Anyways, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse, but I do have a few points I would like to make if I may:

1) Those still on the team at Franklin- why are you letting a former player get you so riled up? He's 3 hours away and while as an alum is still involved somewhat, he's not near as close to the situation as ya'll are. That being said, STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT!!!

2) David- you're my boy, and a heck of a kicker, but what's the point in getting on here and talking crap about your former team? Sure, they have issues, but what team doesn't? They have a competent coach (if you don't believe me, why is he in the KY Sports Hall of Fame?), a competent staff, and plenty of talent so let's just sit back as alumni, support them, and see how the cards fall.

3) Moderators- next time a topic about a region gets turned into a silly argument amongst ONE team, can we please lock it and start over? I'm not sure exactly how the rules work, but it would prevent a lot of animosity at the least.

All that being said, can someone not just involved in this petty argument and not that Columbia guy, please tell me how the rest of the region is looking? I'd like to know about Dickson Co. especially since they really haven't been mentioned and are normally a pretty decent team in the region.

And i'm out...

Jeez, Rebelguy, have you been locked away for some experimental medical tests or something? It's also about time that you put an APB out for FHSRebel27!

I have NOT enjoyed how these threads start on one cogent topic, then de-evolve into a case of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Too much like recess in third grade. . .

That being said, we Have discussed the upcoming season-fitfully at times before someone gets carried away and starts a pillow fight.

Quickly, my opinion-

1. Franklin has the most guns coming back and should be favored. However, they will be breaking in a new QB.

2. Brentwood should come in at this spot because of defense, but they too will be breaking in a new QB

3. Ravenwood has lost the most, and will be breaking in a new QB also.

4. Dickson County-I think they have lost a lot, but they are always tough. Creekwood Effect starting to Take Effect. Don't hear much from them at all on this board; maybe Coach T ought to start a recruiting job to let them know about this fine service. Seems like all of the old heads went away.

4. Centennial has a returning starting QB (albeit just a soph), often seems to have talent, just never puts it together (coaching)

6. Indy-new kid on the block returns everyone, should make a move, but who above them do they unseat? IMO, next year they will be in the mix.

7. Columbia-lost some athletes, still have THE most mixed up scheme in the region and the biggest lack of discipline. Should be better just with the athletes.

8. Northeast-Way over their head, they take the symbolic spot of Kenwood.

Edited by fromthetop2

Experimental medical tests=spring practice! So yeah, I've been locked away trying to survive for the better part of the past few months. It's nice to see an intelligent, relevant response though so I appreciate it. Even if it is from a Bwood fan... By the way, sorry to hear about your brother. I know I'm way behind the times, but like I said, I've been locked away for quite some time. Also, is your other brother planning on goin back to Appy? I'll never forgive him for that pick he had my last game senior year... Anyways, back to topic: I met a couple of the Ravenwood coaches the other day that came up for a clinic and I was very impressed. Nice guys that seemed very knowledgeable about the game, as well as football in the Mid-Tn area. Seems like Williamson Co. is loaded with good coaches...well, for the most part! *cough* c-c-chs *cough*

haha, has been?? good one kid, i do believe im still playin the sport for one of the top programs in the country... last year doesnt mean we still arent a top program, congrats on remembering our record though as its something we hear everyday so come up with something a lil less original next time if your going to put me down..

Last year won't be a rarity in the immediate future as long as Fulmer's there.

As far as the region goes, I'll pick Brentwood to win it, Franklin as runners up.

• 1 month later...

fromthetop2 or whatever u dont know what youre talking about columbia didnt just beat NE they also beat centennial by the score of 27-21 in overtime. now what u got to say about that. NOTHING, I DIDNT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!! aww yeah dickson beat us by 20 and centennial loss by 6 to columbia and you said DC beat columbia by more than 20 right 34-14 i would like to think thats exactly 20 wouldnt you, you need to learn how to read the score board clown. <_<B) stop comparing indy to ravenwood indy is no where near talented enough.

Not near talented enough??? they were talented enough to beat you guys on senior night!! what you got to say about that. Upset or not you owe credit where credit is due.

Not near talented enough??? they were talented enough to beat you guys on senior night!! what you got to say about that. Upset or not you owe credit where credit is due.

Heres my predictions....

Franklin will make playoffs ,brentwood will but their scrimmages dont seem to be goin their way... DC will be a contender.. Indy WILL be in the playoffs... Sorry ravenwood yal didnt look to strong in your scrimmage.... they wont make playoffs n if they do it will be a 4 seed..

Columbia?? lets be real your best players who werent even that good left last year... and yal are saying you'll be in there... I'll be impressed if yall make playoffs and ill eat my words.. Centennial will play hard but will fall short... good luck to everyone