Congrats to DeAngelo

Solomon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More support? They've averaged 40,000 people three years in a row, with only two SEC home games. And why can't Memphis be a powerhouse in football? As long as Tommy West is there, they'll be good.

They're doing about as well as anybody in the nation that doesn't get a BCS welfare check.

Look I'm not even a Memphis fan, I was just giving a little respect to Tommy West and his staff. This coming from a UT fan. I never said they were not good. I think West is a great coach

Be honest with yourself, Memphis is not powerhouse football school. Dont ask me why they cant be....ask some of this kids choosing to go to UT to play in front of 100,000+ fans.

Look I'm not even a Memphis fan, I was just giving a little respect to Tommy West and his staff. This coming from a UT fan. I never said they were not good. I think West is a great coach

Be honest with yourself, Memphis is not powerhouse football school. Dont ask me why they cant be....ask some of this kids choosing to go to UT to play in front of 100,000+ fans.

It's not a powerhouse, but again, it's as good a program over the last three years as any non-BCS school.

And for all the orange's recruiting championships, a Memphis team with no DeAngelo Williams, no passing game, and a 2-4 base defensive formation, all due to injuries, had a lead in front of those 100,000 people with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

Nah. Mine's only $15.

Season tickets have their perks. :thumb:

Glad to have you posting again Opp. Been wonderign where in the heck you had been.

UGA/UT is only $32. Vandy dropped theirs to $45 this year. It's all part of it, I could care less. I just hope it finds its way to TV somehow.

It's not a powerhouse, but again, it's as good a program over the last three years as any non-BCS school.

And for all the orange's recruiting championships, a Memphis team with no DeAngelo Williams, no passing game, and a 2-4 base defensive formation, all due to injuries, had a lead in front of those 100,000 people with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

Ah, the old 2-4 defense. I love Joe Lee Dunn. I remember when he was at State, the time they beat Florida in Starkville, he ran a 1-4-6 towards the end of the game.

Memphis should have won that game, even without Deangelo.

I think he's a sore loser.

Glad to have you posting again Opp. Been wonderign where in the heck you had been.

UGA/UT is only $32. Vandy dropped theirs to $45 this year. It's all part of it, I could care less. I just hope it finds its way to TV somehow.

I've been working at a D-II college in Arkansas, and covering HS sports on the radio and in the newspapers over there, so I couldn't really spend much time over here.

I'm back home for now, but I'm not sure how long.

Ah, the old 2-4 defense. I love Joe Lee Dunn. I remember when he was at State, the time they beat Florida in Starkville, he ran a 1-4-6 towards the end of the game.

Memphis should have won that game, even without Deangelo.

JLD has been running a 3-3-5 at Memphis. Last year, they ended up only having four healthy linemen, so they had to go to a 2-4.

I don't think anybody in the nation did a better coaching job last year than Tommy West. There's no way a team with four healthy defensive linemen, total, and no passing game should have even been able to think about making a bowl game -- and not only do they make one, they manhandle the MAC champs in it.

As far as the sore loser jab -- no. 1999 is when I was bitter. Last year it shouldn't have even been a game. I was disappointed they couldn't pull it out, but I had zero expectation of winning when I heard DeAngelo was out.

JLD has been running a 3-3-5 at Memphis. Last year, they ended up only having four healthy linemen, so they had to go to a 2-4.

I don't think anybody in the nation did a better coaching job last year than Tommy West. There's no way a team with four healthy defensive linemen, total, and no passing game should have even been able to think about making a bowl game -- and not only do they make one, they manhandle the MAC champs in it.

As far as the sore loser jab -- no. 1999 is when I was bitter. Last year it shouldn't have even been a game. I was disappointed they couldn't pull it out, but I had zero expectation of winning when I heard DeAngelo was out.

Tommy has proved his worth. One of the best

I was talking about Prep being sour.He's on sinking ship. I'm on your side :lol: . DeAngelo broke a lot of records at Memphis that 1 of my close friends and former team mate held. And my cousin and next door neighbor played CB for the Tigers for 4 years back when I was still in grade school. So, I havent been a fan all my life, but I have been 1 for a long time. :)