Science Hill Classic

brock20

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like seeing how our locals will do against the top teams in the nation. But I believe everyone here realizes how many calls Science Hill got, except for the few people that are in love with Science Hill and half probably didn't even go there. I don't understand why everyone says Science Hill plays their best at the end of the year? TN High beat them in regionals and they didn't make the state tournament when everyone thought for sure they would. I think Omar is a great player, and Forney is also very good. But once you get past those two they are not that talented. They aren't as great as everyone makes them out to be. They could easily have a losing record.

First of all, Science Hill is loaded with talent. Any one of their players, including the ones on the bench, could and would start at any other school in the conference, so I dont think you should be talking about their talent. Second of all, nothing was handed to Science Hill during the SWCA game. The Toppers completely out hustled their competitors. They also out rebounded them 40 to 27. With stats like that Science Hill should have no problem beating these teams even if they have incredible players. They also did an excellent job guarding javaris crittendon and got him in to foul trouble by taking charges on him early in the game. Nothing at all was handed to Science Hill because they TOOK it for themselves.

-GO TOPPERS

This goes out to all the Sullivan Central fans. Quit crying! It's getting old. Science Hill played two hard-fought games against two great teams. The fact is SH played better and came out on top. I get sick of seeing other schools whine because their schools can't make it past the first round. You come and play hard and you have as good a shot as advancing as the Hill. Plain and simple, put up or shut up.

This goes out to all the Sullivan Central fans. Quit crying! It's getting old. Science Hill played two hard-fought games against two great teams. The fact is SH played better and came out on top. I get sick of seeing other schools whine because their schools can't make it past the first round. You come and play hard and you have as good a shot as advancing as the Hill. Plain and simple, put up or shut up.

I agree with Surferboy, year in and year out Science Hill advances the futherest in this tournment. They are the only team in northeast tn. that can even stay on the court with these basketball powerhouses. Just admit it and move on.

I agree with Surferboy, year in and year out Science Hill advances the futherest in this tournment. They are the only team in northeast tn. that can even stay on the court with these basketball powerhouses. Just admit it and move on.

There is a reason they are always there. The crowd at the game tonight is madness. Do you think this many ppl would have come if Brentwood was playing someone else. I wanted to see SH and Brentwood too. I just don't think it is fair how they go about it.

There is a reason they are always there. The crowd at the game tonight is madness. Do you think this many ppl would have come if Brentwood was playing someone else. I wanted to see SH and Brentwood too. I just don't think it is fair how they go about it.

Brock, you can't engineer brackets to aim for a semifinal matchup. Science Hill beat a very good SW Atlanta Christian team in the quarterfinals -- the tournament officials did not do Science Hill a favor by putting SWAC in their bracket; the Toppers did themselves a favor by winning the game. You can sniff under another rock if you're looking for inequity.

I like seeing how our locals will do against the top teams in the nation. But I believe everyone here realizes how many calls Science Hill got, except for the few people that are in love with Science Hill and half probably didn't even go there. I don't understand why everyone says Science Hill plays their best at the end of the year? TN High beat them in regionals and they didn't make the state tournament when everyone thought for sure they would. I think Omar is a great player, and Forney is also very good. But once you get past those two they are not that talented. They aren't as great as everyone makes them out to be. They could easily have a losing record.

ok....i have about thre things to say....one....i have watched science hill play in all their games this year...if u look at the south game omar Wattad got called for more cheap fouls then i have ever seen in my life...and where was that game played at.....South....but anyway...ive watched SHHS played alot this year and at the Arbys they finally came to the team we were all waiting for...they got tremendous post played from wes Lauderback and Nick Crowder....and u say they gave the game to us...thats funny that makes me laugh......another thing hessforprez is the worst basketball player i have ever seen....the reason he might have scored some against SHHS casue our defense was probally to busy laughin at him.....and finally i ahve to say the rest out the conference beter watch out for the second half of the season casue Sicence Hill is finally playing to the ability......

STEP UP

I definatly agree with you on that one. Science Hill's posts have really stepped up and the Hill is finally playing up to their ability. Now that they work the ball down low and back out to get the best shots availible they are playing on the level that they need to be on. As for the Siegel game, they hadnt yet mastered those post passes and just jacked the ball. i think they were like 31% from the field that game from the field that game. Now that they have that under control, they will be a very hard team to beat. I cant wait to see the rest of the conference games and i cant wait to play D.B.!!!