Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Best TN Wrestlers perhaps in the past and future here???

by JEFF LOCKRIDGE, Staff Writer - Tennessean

Quote:MBA junior John Michael Simpson is the top-ranked wrestler at the 119-pound weight class in Division II. He is the fourth son of Coach Frank Simpson to come through MBA, but not the last. Mark Simpson went unbeaten this season as a seventh-grader at 95 pounds in the local HVAC league.

“A lot of people would like to say Mark’s at the same level as Phillip (four-time state champion from 1998-2001) was at that age,” Frank Simpson said. “Those are big expectations. I have to tell people he’s not Phillip. He’s Mark. But he’s awful good.”

Meanwhile, Phillip is wrestling at the Olympic training center for international competition and has hopes of wrestling in the 2008 Olymp

Tough tough decision, Both Manson and Bundy placed 7th at the Super32 tournament, a very tought tournament. However Manson is ranked nationally at 130, but is a 35lber, Only Senior Nationals will tell, Can't wait for the results on that one.

On the new rankings, Manson is 12th at 135 regardless of grade.

I would say Coffee, had he done anything nationally. But He hasn't to my knowledge, Manson and Bundy tore it up in the off season, North Dakota, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio... theyve got some matches under their belt.

yout got your facts strait. you are the first person i have talk that has some common sense.

I would say Coffee, had he done anything nationally. But He hasn't to my knowledge, Manson and Bundy tore it up in the off season, North Dakota, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio... theyve got some matches under their belt.

Just because Coffey has not done anything nationally does not make him any less of a great wrestler. Coffey is a dedicated athlete. He is not limited to wrestling. He is great in every sports he participates in. You don't have to go national to be a great wrestler or athlete for that matter. There are a lot of great wrestlers out. Remember this, " Every wrestler is beatable."

i do agree that you dint neccarily have to do some nation tourneys but it only makes you better. im sorry to burst your bubble but coffey is terrible, he is an athele and that is it. nothing else. did and anyone see him at state last year? that was probably the worst finals match i have ever seen. his shot consisted of bending down at the waist and grabbing a single leg while the other kid lost his balance and fell down. no technique at all.he wouldnt be in my top 25. i think that father ryan had a great 215 that got second at mcallie but couldnt finish the year due to injury. and brandon wright tear apart creagan. and as for little simpson and with all his brothers out of the way coach simpson can work on him more than he was able to with the other brothers.

coffe doesnt wrestle like a true wrestler. he just goes out there ans tries to out muscle everybody. hehas noo tech. at all. he might be an athletic person. but wrestling isnt his sport.

Making sense with fluent thought process and punctuation aren't your forte either. Manson, Bundy, Felix get my top three votes (though not necessarily in that order). Each is by far the best in their weight class. All three have done/are capable of doing well on the national level. Next year look for Brandon Wright (Houston High School) to be one of the best in the state overall. He looks very strong to win 152 in DI this year. Perhaps he will wrestle Felix next year. But as for top wrestlers in the state, top two must go to Bundy and Manson, with Felix at a near third.

Making sense with fluent thought process and punctuation aren't your forte either. Manson, Bundy, Felix get my top three votes (though not necessarily in that order). Each is by far the best in their weight class. All three have done/are capable of doing well on the national level. Next year look for Brandon Wright (Houston High School) to be one of the best in the state overall. He looks very strong to win 152 in DI this year. Perhaps he will wrestle Felix next year. But as for top wrestlers in the state, top two must go to Bundy and Manson, with Felix at a near third.

All right smart guy. I will give you that. Manson and bundy are the only ones that have showed me somthing this year. I havent heard of felix going to any national tournaments yet, and placing. You need to keep on eye on ryans freshman patrick marchetti. It is his third year of wrestling and has placed at every tournament this year. He isnt bad. And watch all of ryans up coming juniors and seniors. Half the line up now is just about all sophmores.

I have one name that i am sure everyone can agree on. COREY MANSON. Need I say more, i mean the kid has not lost a dang match in the season for as long a i can remember. he is strong as a bull and sly as a fox and quick as a cheetah. the kid is amazing. Ranked i believe 11 th the whole entired country for high school wrestling at 130 lbs