Sunbright Lady Tigers

b-ballnut

The Lady Tigers are suddenly improving. They have given 2 of the top teams in the district quite a scare lately. First with Coalfield, then with Oneida after be down by as much as 20 cutting the lead to 3 with minutes to go. It is my understanding that this is quite a young team and they don't have a very deep bench this season with something like 7-8 players. What's your thoughts on this team?

I'm sure the Lady Tigers will continue to get better under Shoemaker and Hamby. The game in which Oneida's 20 point lead evaporated, was probably more reflective of the Lady Indians inconsistency with their focus. The program at Sunbright will continue to progress if the players don't get frustrated and continue to buy into Shoemaker's system, but right now one can't put the Lady Tigers on the same page as Oneida or Coalfield. Two teams, in my opinion, that are still trying to rekindle last years magic. The Indians have better talent this year than the team that went to M'boro, so if the chemistry comes around watch out. Sunbright has good players that their coaching staff will make better in the long run, I don't think there is any question about that.

:) Kaz :)

I'm sure the Lady Tigers will continue to get better under Shoemaker and Hamby. The game in which Oneida's 20 point lead evaporated, was probably more reflective of the Lady Indians inconsistency with their focus. The program at Sunbright will continue to progress if the players don't get frustrated and continue to buy into Shoemaker's system, but right now one can't put the Lady Tigers on the same page as Oneida or Coalfield. Two teams, in my opinion, that are still trying to rekindle last years magic. The Indians have better talent this year than the team that went to M'boro, so if the chemistry comes around watch out. Sunbright has good players that their coaching staff will make better in the long run, I don't think there is any question about that.

:) Kaz :)

Well said Kazam,

Oneida will find their focus and make a run much like last year. There is no question the Lady Indians have the talent to reach the state again and probably will. It is easy to lose focus at times, especially against a team that you beat-up on just a few weeks ago, but maybe this will be a learning experience for them, to not take anyone lightly!

As for Sunbright; they have some talent, but are a bit youthul. They will continue to get better, but to be reasonable 4-5 more wins this year might be about it. Next year on the other hand, .500 or better.

As for the tigers being at the same level as Coalfield or Oneida I wasn't stating that they were I was simply saying that they are improving and gave both teams a game. Rumor is Coalfield was in foul trouble but so was Sunbright with less of a bench. As for Oneida they didn't play no were near their best but it also wasn't there worst. The Lady Tigers front pressure defense seemed to give the Oneida ballhandlers some trouble.

The Lady Tigers are to face off with Oakdale on Friday night one of the lower seated teams in the district. How do you think that is going to play out? How do those of you who have seen both teams play think they will match up?

As for the tigers being at the same level as Coalfield or Oneida I wasn't stating that they were I was simply saying that they are improving and gave both teams a game. Rumor is Coalfield was in foul trouble but so was Sunbright with less of a bench. As for Oneida they didn't play no were near their best but it also wasn't there worst. The Lady Tigers front pressure defense seemed to give the Oneida ballhandlers some trouble.

The Lady Tigers are to face off with Oakdale on Friday night one of the lower seated teams in the district. How do you think that is going to play out? How do those of you who have seen both teams play think they will match up?

The Tigers can not let Oakdale play a 1/2 court game. The Tigers will have to push the ball and control the tempo of the game. If Oakdale plays their style it will a very good game; however if the Tigers control the tempo it should be the Tigers on top. Watch out for triangle and 2 defense by Oakdale.

Edited by cfbf

Not sure the exact score but Sunbright was on top by 3 or 4. It was ugly and terribly called from what I hear. Shoemaker was ejected early in the 2nd quarter leaving Hamby taking over. They finished the game with 3 players fouling out no subs on the bench and 3 players left on the floor with 4 fouls. Branstetter went down with an ankle injury during the 4th but luckily was able to return or they would have had to finish the game with 4 players. Shoemakers suspension could be a factor tonight.

THE LADY TIGERS HAVE COME TO FAR TO GIVE UP NOW. THEY WILL BE ALRIGHT TONIGHT. THIS TEAM KNOWS WHAT COACH SHOEMAKER EXPECTS OUT OF THEM, AND THEY WILL GIVE COACH SHOEMAKER THEIR BEST EVEN IF HE IS NOT THEIR. ITS THE PLAYERS THAT HAVE TO PLAY NOT THE COACH. I COULD BE WRONG BUT THIS COULD BE WHAT THEY NEEDED TO GET THEM REALLY GOING

THE LADY TIGERS HAVE COME TO FAR TO GIVE UP NOW. THEY WILL BE ALRIGHT TONIGHT. THIS TEAM KNOWS WHAT COACH SHOEMAKER EXPECTS OUT OF THEM, AND THEY WILL GIVE COACH SHOEMAKER THEIR BEST EVEN IF HE IS NOT THEIR. ITS THE PLAYERS THAT HAVE TO PLAY NOT THE COACH. I COULD BE WRONG BUT THIS COULD BE WHAT THEY NEEDED TO GET THEM REALLY GOING

I will have to agree with this "wnba14" you have always been the glue. So go out and make it happen.......